gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:57:53 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  3.54 or stay with 3.53?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 3.54 or stay with 3.53?  (Read 1052 times)

ibticktock

3.54 or stay with 3.53?
« on: July 31, 2006, 03:24:36 am »
OK, I'm a little bit late to the party. And then some I guess. :) I just now learned that there is a "new" version of WinMx. My question is whether or not I should upgrade? If I remember correctly with old versions of WinMx the people that you could connect with were only those who had your same version of the program. If that was the case, and I really don't remember, am I going to pick up more hits with the new version or should I just stay with the old? I am not having any problems with 3.53 and don't want to jinx things. Thanks for any information and it's nice to see the strength of this community almost a year after it nearly died.

Re: 3.54 or stay with 3.53?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 03:54:21 am »
3.54 Has been very good to me. I've used it since it was first released, and I was initially on Windows 98se... and I have no issues with it and MxMonitor to start winmx.. and am now using Win 2k Pro sp4.. still hassle free. I can connect with any other version of winmx.

The easy way to do it is uninstal 3.53 and d/l the winmx 3.54b4 + patch from

https://www.winmxgroup.com/downloads.html
PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

KM

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 03:56:44 am »
3.3x and 3.5x all connect to the same network with the same users, 3.54 is just 3.53 with a few bug fixes and a new library, the networking parts are all the same and it uses the same network

the only major difference is that 3.54 has a new library that can make it easier to manage your shares, other than that it's all the same except for a few bug fixes (the bug fixes are the main reason that it is the recommended version)

and btw you don't need to uninstall 3.53 first, just replace it :-)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 02:51:23 pm »
The other good news is you can always just replace the 3.54 beta 4 version and change right back to 3.53 easily if you dont like it also..

My book its worth a try .. :wink:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  3.54 or stay with 3.53?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx