gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 06:38:55 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Whats New ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Whats New ?  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Whats New ?
« on: July 28, 2006, 09:32:29 pm »
Ok well many of you have seen my posts on the new antics of the Macrovision tactics and the changes they made about a month ago..

It was suggested to me to keep a weekly thread going for any changes or developments we have.. I dont know if I will do that but here is some new activity.

We had before the crash two distinct ways of flooding.. at that time the majority was coming from NetSentry a company along the same lines as Macrovision.. paid by the RIAA/MPAA to attack this network, and Macrovision was just starting out.. doing actually alot of testing before they released their patten application for Hawkeye software.

As of a few days ago NetSentry is back and have honoured us with their presence and attacks, and we have reciprocated by honouring them with a place on the block list.

Well you can look at this news two ways I suppose.. its good news we have been considered a good investment for more flooding by NetSentry again and they are back.. they must see something as a threat from this 'shut down P2P Network'..  :shock:

So this one floods mostly movie type files, in the same manner as the Macrovision does, the File paths are all a C drive but with Macrovision being the leader of the pack atm in flooding using any filters is still not going to be effective.  Much of the content they are targeting is the same as Macrovision, except as mentioned its mostly vid files or games.  As usuall those using the 3.0 or 3.1 dll files will not notice this change or the flooding.

Well there is nothing too new to report, just that we have this under control.. they are being monitored and added to the block list as needed.  And its good to know we have enough ppl now that they feel we are worth this much trouble.. I am flattered ..  :wink:

Offline 7

• Forum Member
Re: Whats New ?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 12:45:02 am »
Aye it's interesting to see them return again (since going all quiet around 2005-10-10 it seems).

You could be right in suggesting a possible reason for their return be a realisation that WinMX hasn't disappeared post-shutdown as some might have hoped.  I'll assume the media corps have employed them once again to help out with the anti-WinMX crusade.  Well, who can blame them, given that ol' Smokey just doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard these days. :/  It's a shame they may be deluded into thinking this though, if at all true, as two zeroes ain't ever gonna equate to one.

Ah well, at least it might help put food on their brats tables, and I say fair-play to them if they can screw the mega corps out of some more money.

KM

Re: Whats New ?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 01:58:48 pm »
it doubles their chances of doing something really stupid and giving us something to laugh at so surely it's a good thing? lol

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Whats New ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx