gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 10, 2024, 03:22:03 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  connecting (or whatever) problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: connecting (or whatever) problem  (Read 2914 times)

hakkyou

connecting (or whatever) problem
« on: August 10, 2006, 03:54:01 pm »
My WinMX v3.54 beta 4 worked fine and then I was ending WinMX and started it new, connection is still fine but it doesn't find channels and if someone what to dl from me it says "waiting for  incoming connection" and then "timed out (still waiting for incoming connection)"My ports are still forwarded, I don't know what suddenly the problem?

I've primary connection.

KM

Re: connecting (or whatever) problem
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 04:12:13 pm »
have you checked that your computers IP Address didn't change?

go to start > run > cmd, type in ipconfig and make sure it is still set to the same IP Address you forwarded the ports to in the first place

often people leave it set so the router automatically assigns the IP Addresses, in that case if the computers are rebooted and boot up in a different order than the first time then it can mean the IP Addresses changing, which requires changing the port forwardings to the new computers

if that isn't the case then check and make sure the router still has the port forwardings you put in to it before

if that still doesn't solve it let us know

hakkyou

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 04:18:44 pm »
YES! Thank you that was the problem^^ I haven't thought of that xD

Steve

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 10:14:06 pm »
I have NEVER had this problem before, but it also fixed my failure to connect.  Why would it suddenly change IP adresses? How could it be connected & just not D/L'ing or U/L'ing???? Been using it for 5 years and it has NEVER done that.....Weird if you ask me - anyway, THANK YOU - I will get back to sharing my 6,000 files.

KM

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 12:59:37 am »
in most cases you wouldn't notice it, most routers will assign the IP Address, and then keep it reserved for your computer for 3 or more days so the next time you boot up it's fine

the most common reasons for it suddenly changing are either going away on holiday (so the router stops reserving the IP Address) or if there is a power cut (as the router reboots, and forgets all about it) - although of course some people do have them change regularly but most people will never have it change, those 2 cases are about the only times most people would notice (and even then in both of those cases if you booted the computers up in the right order then the IP Addresses would get set to how they were before anyway)

the port forwarding guides on portforward.com say to set static IP Addresses before forwarding (to avoid ths problem), however we often tell users not to bother because of just how rarely it is required

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 08:21:12 am »
If it happens in the future from now, it may be because the internal IP has changed, you don't need to keep forwarding the rules each time that happens.

Click start>programs>accessories>Command Prompt.

Type this there:

ipconfig/flushdns

That will reset the Ip of the computer to it's default IP. And make things normal again.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 09:23:32 am »
um, flushing the dns cache won't alter the ip..
ipconfig /release
followed by
ipconfig /renew
*might* get your old ip back, or might not.. if it repeats, the thing to do would be set a static ip
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 09:45:00 am »
Well, when I had a power cut, the computer was on and .... :(
Winmx stopped running smoothly... I flushed and and everything was fine.. I thought that it does reset the IP... so...
Anyways, I guess I learnt something new today :)

Patch link :

KIM MAYGLOTHLING

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 08:30:07 pm »
Help my g,friend has paid 30 Quid,and given the wrong email address spelt ticali wrong!!
Cant access without email as didnt write down user names or anyting!have been guessing loads!!

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 08:52:14 pm »
if the payment was for winmx, let's be 100% clear, winmx is free & payment to whatever scam artist conned you should be stopped if possible.

As for help, i don't know what to tell you without knowing what problems you are having.

For the best working winmx, i recommend downloading the program from www.winmxgroup.com & just installing it.

Some useful information on setup can be found in our tutorials section, basics & sharing for instance.

Any other problems please feel free to either post here, or come along to the winmxworld chatroom & ask there, usually someone is around, though there are sometimes gaps, since we all help in our spare time

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 05:07:46 am »
Please ask your bank or cerdit card company to block the transaction immediately... Winmx is always free and always will be...

Patch link :

Saint Cad

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 07:41:22 pm »
Same problem (I moved and changed to a wireless router) so how exactly do I solve the problem once I run IPCONFIG?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 11:05:54 pm »
Hi Saint Cad, give this a walk through and the info you need should be there.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html

tess

its not connecting to the network
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 03:54:04 pm »
I Own 4:20 movies with hubby Charlie,  and im trying to host from a server ., but its not connecting to the network  ????    Do I need a patch for the server i use 3.53 winmx and the rcms ?? any suggestions out there ???    when i use the 3:54 beta throws everyone outta the room>????? 

Please help pretty plz smiles
Tessie

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 06:14:15 pm »
Which Version of RCMS are you using Tess?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 06:43:25 pm »
if you like the RCMS admin command structure, i'd suggest looking at Ouka Chat Server, which uses a very similar setup, & doesn't require patching.. this makes the room itself independant of your winmx, & enables you to set throttle to avoid lag problems if ppl download from you, as you have some bandwidth over for the room always.. throttluing while actually hosting on winmx itself can cause hassle & often ppl who host with winmx end up stopping sharing because of the lag uploads & downloads can cause in the chat.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 07:27:39 pm »
I agree plus you get the colors too if you like .. my personal favorite part..  :wink:

tess

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 08:54:45 pm »
7.1  version of rcms?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  connecting (or whatever) problem

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx