gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 07:33:10 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Vladd stealing from the users?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vladd stealing from the users?  (Read 14801 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Vladd stealing from the users?
« on: August 26, 2006, 04:30:51 am »
Folks Vladd has pay for winmx advertisements and has now placed a paypal link on his site to take donations, this on any other site would cause no alarm but as Vladd actually does nothing except host the site and the Google ads pay for that I demand he remove the paypal Button or face the users .

Please post your support here folks if you agree its wrong to take cash for other folks efforts and free services.

A positive NO vote will be a sign that you are all happy for further action to take place.

Please read this thread to see the motiviation behind this poll.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
Re: Vladd stealing from the users?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 04:37:43 am »
There was no "HELL NO" so i went with the last option. WinMx was intended to be FREE. Their actions make the author(s) of WinMx sick!

KM

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 04:40:52 am »
I believe I am not alone in voting for the last option on the poll

I will check the poll in 12 hours time and if at that time the last option has more than 50% of the votes then further action will be taken on the matter, democracy in action... give the users choice, and all the rest of that rubbish (think there would be a poll if i wasn't 90% certain of the results already?)

Of course to prevent any allegations that the votes have been rigged (I'm sure you know we don't do that sort of thing here, but no doubt certain people would try to claim it anyway) please do post a reply putting your name to your vote ;-)

If you are wondering why I have gone from the last poll voting to not do anything against pie to suddenly changing my mind, it has been pointed out to me that mxpie.com is now trying to take donations to pay for the things that they don't pay for themselves! vladd pays nothing to keep winmx running, he has nothing to do with the keeping of winmx functional, and not a single penny of the money he is stealing from users goes towards any of the caches for winmx, or any of the block list servers I run - every penny goes in to vladds pocket, and he does absolutely nothing to help winmx, all he does is actively help the flooders attacking winmx (there have already been users saying they have donated thinking it would go towards helping pay for the caches!)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 04:46:24 am »
I voted for the last option and I proudly place my Name to it!!

Omega is right if the makers of WInMX had intended for it to be for a fee then, they could have done something to take donations to fight the legal battles they faced and stayed.

This is simply a rip off, like any other rip off i have seen, ebay patches for sale, WinMX scam sites charging your credit card then sending you here for help, the ISPs that throttle and limit you but charge full prices.. its a SCAM!!!

And i dont want to hear any lame excuses about programmers for blocking and and more empty useless yawn from any of them.. I can honestly say they are a disgrace to this fine community and I hope they are shamed into leaving it for good!

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 04:47:05 am »
I vote  to stop it now.

And to tell vladd to get a job!
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline Storbinc

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 04:47:39 am »
well i know i never got any help from vladd's site AFTER the crash.

as far as taking donations for helping people?           i'm not sure how good the help he give is or what type of help he offers.
 I do know that the Patch he advertises as a fixall does not do much to help the winMX network, or the users that use it.
can't we all just get along?

just because they are out to get you doesn't mean your not paranoid

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 04:57:21 am »
I think that the vladd website and the mxpie need to be defaced or taken down as soon as possible.

I know its childish, but its best for the users of WinMX and I know at least one other person agrees. The PIE got moldy ages ago, and it really needs to go.
- Josh

bughunter

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 05:06:09 am »
do i really need to post which option im in favour of..........................
but just so theres no misunderstandings..........DEATH TO THE FUCKING PIE MAGGOTS............................

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 05:13:55 am »
I vote for >>>>>Drum Roll.
We should stop this using whatever steps are required.
WinMX is freeware & should alway be free.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 08:59:47 am »
This is despicable, Mxpie is now simply a scam site, they need closing down like any other fraudsters.
* Bearded Blunder states clearly he voted the last option (even if the above made it obvious)
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 09:26:33 am »
This factor alone, outweighs all other arguments (including mine) for not blocking pie.
I guess that result won't change even if you set the bar to 90 % :lol:

Cheers :P
*selects the last option
For everyone to see it, just to save trouble (at the bottom left) :
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 09:27:05 am »
Wow, now this really confirms what vladd thinks about WinMX.
He thinks WinMX is dying, and now he is just trying to leech as much money as possible out of it before it dies. He is wrong, WinMX isn't going to die.
But anyway, what has vladd done to be the one to take donations? The pie team split up, and the "developers" of the team are on the other side. he has no right to claim any donations from other's work. And even if the pie team wasn't split up, what have they done to take any donations? This confirms it, pie aren't trying to help anyone, they are just after money. By denying the real solution, they make the users think theirs is the only one. Users donate, without knowing they have been scammed. I didn't expect vladd to go that far with his scam site, but it looks like he did. it's time for him to go.

Offline Maxe

• WMW Team
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 10:42:16 am »
I voted the last option - We should stop this using whatever steps are required

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 11:51:39 am »
Block The Pie Patch At All Costs
Take The Server Offline
This Is The Final Straw That Breaks The Camles Back
I had Time For Pie Just To See If We Could Change There Minds
Now!!!!!!! F**K Em

You Have My Backing 100%

WinMX Is FREE I Will Help And Fight In AnywayYou Need To Keep It That Way

KM

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 04:09:26 pm »
Yes - He is covering costs     - 0 (0%)
Unsure    - 0 (0%)
Not sure what he does for mx if anything.    - 1 (6.3%)
No - Everyone else charges nothing    - 1 (6.3%)
We should stop this using whatever steps are required    - 14 (87.5%)
Total Votes: 16

I think the votes speak for themselves...

and I would also like to add, have you seen vladds response to this? he is now not only charging users to flood and to use sabres bandwidth, but he is now charging users to flood and use MY bandwidth - that is not happening...

Offline sharing sarah

• Forum Member
  • A Music & Movie Spectrum_F135E44219F6
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 05:28:24 pm »
I had hoped that users would find the best way to stay on MX, eventually finding that Pie was hurting the network and they would be converted. But asking users for money for something thats meant to be free and appearing that its costing him money to keep MX alive is wrong. I change my vote from "leave them alone" to SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 08:23:17 pm »
We should stop this using whatever steps are required  winmx should be free to all not exploited by a bunch of con artists, its hard enough to attract ppl back as it is without these fools giving it a bad name  :evil:

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 07:55:56 am »
KM and others, i await to see you provide a copy of vladds accounts showing what hes paid for, until you can, please do not guess at what vladd has or hasnt paid for as you actually have no idea, this is nothing but an attack based on GUESS work. Your just pissed because he wont answer to you.  :shock:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 08:34:14 am »
I guess you could say thats true Nobby, concerns have been raised that this is an extension of the winmx adverts we where not happy with, having spoken to you I am pleased to pass on to those concerned people some of what we discussed, namely that the paypal button was asked for by a group of programmers constructing a new patch that will be open source. if this is so we are more than happy to welcome its appearance some time in the next few weeks.

Vladd was asked for the  information before this thread started, I hope you take the sensible view as we did that it was in his best interests to keep the community informed, something he seems to have refused to do.

A word to the wise, when asking for cash from winmx users its a good idea some would say polite even to explain what the heck its for.

Nobby

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 01:41:26 pm »
Well thanks for that Ghost seems to have made no difference anyway, as some "users" took a "vote" to take action against the site, so i will clarify a few issues for those "users":

do·nate (dnt, d-nt)
v. do·nat·ed, do·nat·ing, do·nates
v. tr.

To present as a gift to a fund or cause; contribute.

v. intr.

To make a contribution to a fund or cause.

Folks that are unhappy with the info or lack of provided should exercise their right to not "donate", its not hard, Dont click the button, dont give details, damn even Bug could work out how NOT to donate.

Folks that "Voted" to take other illegal action, should firstly be ashamed of themselves and secondly:

DDOS - In computer security, a denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to its intended users. Typically the targets are high-profile web servers, the attack aiming to cause the hosted web pages to be unavailable on the Internet. It is a computer crime that violates the Internet proper use policy as indicated by the Internet Architecture Board (IAB).

And for those that are still considering the morals, as i was a one point yesterday, hosting mxpie.com, i was attacked, and my other NON related sites have also been taken down, this bears a horrible resemblance to the the attack on the Pirate bay, i hope those behind it think long and hard about their illegal actions against a site that was not breaking the law.

i look forward to seeing this sites support of the law in condeming publically all those who voted for and or took part in this illegal attack.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Vladd stealing from the users?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx