gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 04:23:53 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Fake Files: Latest News
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fake Files: Latest News  (Read 2495 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Fake Files: Latest News
« on: June 20, 2006, 02:47:33 pm »
Its been talked about and debated much.. just to keep yall informed of whats going on..

We have been seeing a slow down in the use of the \user\files\bogus file here .any ext  format that Macrovision have been using.
As of yesterday they are no longer using this at ALL.  This does NOT mean they are not flooding fake files..Simply means that there is not an effective way to use the word filters to clean your search results and protect the network for example '-user'.

The ONLY way to do this is to use our new 3.0 Patch from here WinMXGroup, I highly recommend if you have a love for your fellow down loaders and a hate for the money greedy Media Companies that you will Upgrade your older DLL versions to this new patch.
If your still using a pie patch, they have claimed that there is no need to upgrade to the 3.0 because of the ability to exclude the results via the '-user' filtering on the search level.

THIS IS NO LONGER EFFECTIVE AT ALL!!!!

Below is a simple screen shot illustrating the paths.. I think you can see there is no word filtering that will work, the only way to effectively block them and remove fakes from your searches it to upgrade to the 3.0 version of the DLL.  Please do this for the network if not for yourself!!!

Offline KickerRick

• Forum Member
Re: Fake Files: Latest News
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 02:58:03 am »
Using PIE 3.1 and PG2, how can I switch to the 3.0 .dll? Floods are making me nutz...
-E: -F: -gioel -OLDPC -Musica -Desktop worked for a bit, till I did like you and searched for "keys". Dang, they got the flood down.

yep

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 05:38:55 am »
Click to download --> https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.0-noMX.exe -- and run it.  Then just point it to where WinMX is located on your harddrive (default is: C:\Program Files\WinMX).  Then start/restart WinMX and you should see a small image appear momentarily to show the patch is working.

kizercountry

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 10:28:53 pm »
i downloaded the new version of winmx with the patch. you said in your message above that a small image will appear to show the patch is working...........where exactly is the small image going to appear at? i do have a grey toolbar looking thing at the top of my winmx that says "patch operational". does this mean its working?

regards,
kizercountry

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 08:15:12 am »
The patch operational isn't difinitive that the patch is working, it is, however, a good indication that it's instlled properly.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Fake Files: Latest News

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx