gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 12:13:59 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Room Crashing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Room Crashing  (Read 4901 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Room Crashing
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 08:37:17 pm »
What server and what things proceed this crashing?

Highwayman

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 08:43:30 pm »
WCS ,174 ,nothing proceeds it ,the sever said 10/10 ,no one d/ling off me ,11 in the room first i knew was as the peers disconnected , 2 seconds later they reconnected again ,

Highwayman

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 06:44:12 pm »
i take it that nobody knows what is happening ,it has happend again a few mins ago ,one moment all good the next no peers ,it's not only happening to me ,but others also are having this problem,at least can someone reply !

Offline Maxe

• WMW Team
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 07:22:24 pm »
My first course of action here would be to check if it was a loss of connection. If you're using a router and it has logs, check to see if it disconnected at the same time the chat server went offline. If you don't have access to router logs you can always have a batch file in a handy place on the desktop that pings say for example www.google.com and run that the moment the server starts losing connections. If the pings fail then you know it's a connection problem and you might need to get in touch with your ISP to see if they are the cause. You might also be the target of some other room and they're DOS'ing you, causing your connection to drop.

So in a nutshell you need to find out if you still have net access at the same time the server is losing connections.

Let us know what you find and we can carry on from there.

Highwayman

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 08:42:56 pm »
ty for replying ,yes i'm through a router and no the connection didn't drop , the strange thing is that bots on the comp holding the room stay ,

KM

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 08:51:40 pm »
that would imply something with the connection rather than the room/program, as the only ones with a problem are those on the other side of the connection

do you have any clients sitting in another chat room? if that happened to drop at the same time it would prove a connection issue (although not doing so wouldn't necessarily disprove it)

Highwayman

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2006, 10:42:18 pm »
 thanks for replying , two of the people in the room at the time were also in other seperate rooms which did not crash, one of them often puts up their own wcs also 174 and has had the same problems ,

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2006, 10:04:42 am »
if you are using wcs 1.74 advanced, i have known the advanced version's 1.74 and 1.8 to crash, the more stave version is the standard 1.74 anso there is a 1.8b that ok too.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

KM

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2006, 10:36:40 am »
if your connection went down then of course someone else in a different room wouldn't leave it - as that would have nothing to do with you or your connection

i mean did you (as in using your connection) sit in another chat room (so that the connection goes through your connection, not just to yourself)

if the only thing using your connection are the people in your room then you can't tell if it is the room or the connection

Highwayman

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2006, 03:18:05 pm »
i was not in another room but i was d/loading ,on the other computer ,that didn't stop ,but the comp left the room ,also i had limited the d/l speed ,just in case that made any difference,so if the other comp was d/loading ,the connection could not have been broken ,am i right in thinking that ???

KM

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2006, 06:15:14 pm »
that would tend to rule out something on the connection, although it could be the network on the computer hosting - some network card drivers don't like large numbers of connections

has it continued happening?

join a chat room from that computer and see if it is able to stay connected when everyone drops

Highwayman

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2006, 06:19:36 pm »
ok i will do that and get back to you when i have a result ,knowing my luck nothing will happen now ,thanks for the help

Highwayman

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 02:41:04 pm »
Hi i'm back to let you know what happend ,you were right  KM it does seem to be a connection error ,the line to this street was badly deteriorated ,and telecom layed a new cable ,at the same time the area was experiencing multiple short power cuts due to another different cause,it doesn't explain why 1 of 2 comps stayed online ,but they all seem good and the room is stable now,thank you all for your response ,

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Room Crashing

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx