gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:30:32 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  disconnection
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: disconnection  (Read 6572 times)

aniccia

disconnection
« on: February 07, 2006, 12:49:03 pm »
On the top of WinMx window is written 'currently blocking flooders to protect......'

Furthermore being online for a few hours  it disconnects and connects straight away again but I am loosing the downloads.

What does it all mean?

Aniccia

WOMBAT

Disconnect
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 02:10:32 pm »
The Message You See in The Window Means Your Using The Latest
Setup For Win MX Which Is programmed To Stop Unscrupulous
People Flooding The Win MX Network With Thousand Of Fake Files
Which become A Nuisance And Put A Strain On resources. It can
happen sometimes that you will disconnect and lose downloads
but that is not the norm. Anyway, i'll let the experts tell ya the
technical facts

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: disconnection
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 11:14:49 am »
If you are connected in primary, the it means that most likely like wob\mbat mentioned that you get crashed due to excessive results.

If you are conected in secondary, then it generally means that the primary you were connected to disconnected from the network and hence you now get connected to a new primary. From what you have said, i think that you are on a secondary.
But are these downloads running downloads or are they in queue? If the latter, then they can get cancelled, but of they are running, then the should not get cancelled.
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

silvraro

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 07:04:05 am »
hello, I haven't experienced fake files as such, what I do see a lot of however is, incomplete files, limewire has an option not 2 share partial filles, i take this to mean fies that R not complete. Y doesn't WinMX.  Can we have a patch 2 stop timeouts please?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 07:23:20 am »
To not share incomplete files, simply set your incoming folder to something that isn't shared, & move files to a shared folder once complete...

Timeouts (constant ones) are usually a configuration issue (port forwarding not done being the most common cause) & the good news is.. there IS a patch under development which addresses this for users who's router is UPNP enabled.. which means the majority of recent ones.  Meanwhile this is fixable by manual configuration.

Were you to search MANY popular artists or the term "real no fake"on any patch prior to 3.0 you would most assuredly be greeted by many fake results, a situation that is sadly the result of users on another patch, who either do nothing to prevent, or try with pg2 to do so, which is ineffective (although better than nothing provided the winmxworld blocklist is used)
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

silvraro

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 12:19:46 pm »
I DO NOT HAVE A ROUTER! My modem is a BT Voyager 190, standard with AOL 9 Silver Braodband.  ALthough now, they are giving routers, 2 new customers, but not existing. Mind you the way aol, has been cutting off lately. It's a wonder they've got any customers. 

silvraro

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 01:10:33 pm »
Thanks, for the info, but that doesn't stop people, trying 2 download the files I am in the process of downloading & possibly queueing to download.

silvraro

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 01:25:21 pm »
Right, I've moved the incomplete files to a non-shared folder, now how do I finish downloading them?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 01:32:21 pm »
Hi silvraro

In order for WinMX to be able to 'find' you incompletes to load them back to your transfers screen they have to be in the 'Incoming Files' folder.  Its best to make a new folder (and maybe you did this when you moved them) and then not share this new folder.  For more specific direction have a look here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/incoming_folder.html

Hope this helps you.  Once its all finished you should be able to click the 'Load Incompletes' button on the Transfers screen and they should appear.

silvraro

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 03:43:13 pm »
sorted it thanx :-D

silvraro

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 08:23:48 pm »
I am on a primary, MX Monitor 1.28b is installed and operational. So if you don't have a router, (like I said, standard BT Voyager 190 ADSL Modem.),  but still get tiimeouts; downloading, connecting, negotiating,  and the most common waiting for network reply, how can I, if not stop completely, at least cut the number of timeouts both down and uploading, without getting a router? Would getting a router help? or would it just make things worse? javascript:void(0);
Confused

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 03:04:59 pm »
From what I can find on the BT page your modem in fact has routing capabilities i.e. it's both modem and router in one device.
This means it does need forwarding for it to work, unfortunately there's no further information there since it was supplied exclusively to aol.
Portforward.com doesn't have it either, but you could try another model and see if it's set up similarly - although there's a good chance Aol is using their own firmware...

Please look at any manuals that might have been supplied with your modem, maybe you can find something there.
If it offers a "bridged mode" that would be a good start as well, since that then eliminates the routing and connects directly...
Sorry, but it seems you need to fiddle around with that some to find a solution - good luck!
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

silvraro

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 04:14:06 pm »
:-) Thanks I will see what I can do - if the port forwarding, is similar to utorrent, all I should have to do is open the ports needed on my firewall, if so I have opened them in services, which did the trick on utorrent, mind you utorrent also has port forward test to check whether the port forward is working, I don't see anything like that on WinMX. My Fw is Mc Afee Personal Firewall Plus, just had a look, is Gnutella 1 I need open? Another Problem being, different countries sometimes using different ports, most often Italy and japan, occaissionally french & dutch, a good deal of whom  if  and when they speak english, ask to be speeded up. A list of Ports, apart from standard 2 would be welcome. I don't mind fiddling about, but the fingers are in pain and tend to shake a bit, I have done quite a bit of fiddling about, just how much more do I have to do? LOL.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 05:08:03 pm »
Right i had a good hunt about for you on this topic and i have found that the bt modem that you have is also a wired router

http://www.voyager.bt.com/wired_routers/voyager_190/product_info.htm

This means that for you to get Winmx to work you need to port forward. It will still connect etc on primry but searchs will be poor and time outs will be terrible as you have reported. Now im on aol and i have bt voyager 220v with a cracked copy of firmware to connect to aol. When i ve looked at the gui's from the other bt voyager products on

http://www.portforward.com/

They are all the same, only slightly diffrent instructions but nothing that should cause you to be confused or if you do come accross problems you can always post bk here or pop into the help room on winmx

WinMxWorld.com Help_3F1FAF500666

Now if you got to port forward.com and click forwarding scroll down the page till you find a bt product. I recommend the bt voyager 220v, to use as a guide. the reason for this as your router looks exactly the same as mine but mine uses usb as well as a network port but the features are exactly the same and should give you pretty much the same screen. After picking this just choose the winmx programme and following the instructions that they have printed on the site. If you have any problems though dont hesitate to post bk. Good luck
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

silvraro

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 05:13:22 pm »
:-D will do, cheers :-D

silvraro

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 05:40:23 pm »
:-D will do, cheers :-D Went to BT website & downloaded specs.

silvraro

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 06:53:05 pm »
Rite Done that now to try WinMX. Thanks again C U L8R. :-)

silvraro

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 08:17:04 am »
seem to have slight increase avrg Up 0.55b/s only slightly higher dl. Looking on the blocked ports, the one with most traffic is 20901, roughly about 70%, I'll not unblock it till i find out whether is safe to do so

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  disconnection

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx