gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 09:37:37 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A year ago...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A year ago...  (Read 6629 times)

bughunter

Re: A year ago...
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 02:37:06 am »
thats all pie have to offer thou chuck, is lies deciet denial and scams.................
nothing pie have said has come true.............
yet time after time pie have been exposed as liars and scam artists seeking to rip unsuspecting users off.................
and yes now they supposidely have a patch wether it blocks is another question i doubt it wil block anything..............
your quiet right in that for awhole year pie have claimed that blocking is illegal,and its only now that so many have left there sham of a patch that all of a sudden they say blocking is ok..........ROFL.....................
THERE LATEST BLUNDER OF COURSE IS SAYING THE CACHE SOFTWARE KM HAS RELEASED WIL BE USED TO ATTACK. attack what, since cache software by design only forwards connection requests..............lol  morons dont even understand wat a acache is or how it works..............
everyone associated with pie is a self confessed liar and scammer,funny how they have all run for the hills....................
pie have nothing to offer the winmx community, they never did and never will, unless you cal lies and scams a offering...............
and who in there right mind would download anything from self confessed liars and scam artists................knowing that parasite vladd he will be looking for someway to make a $ out of it...........................
it says alot that vladds co-horts have left him namely jim gem and sabre all quoting vladds scamming ways as the reason ...........guess it just took a year for them to wake up to this parasite that has ripped winmx users off for years,while offering nothing in return.................
the winmx comunity have voted who they trust . and as you rightly point out the dll is no1..... pie dont even rate as who actually is useing it besides a sad pathetic lot who hide in the maggot channels..............answer no one...............

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 04:04:49 am »
I want to make clear that it is ME who epressed some doubts about the released software and I am NO part of the PIEteam.

So dear bughunter, ....................
go hunting bugs and don't tell LIES,.................
NO member of the PIEteam was saying..........

Quote from: bughunter
THE CACHE SOFTWARE KM HAS RELEASED WIL BE USED TO ATTACK"

Neither did I by the way, .................
 I only expressed my concerns..........................

Quote from: bughunter
since cache software by design only forwards connection requests

yes..........
by design..........

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 04:13:12 am »
That's a great Idea to release it :)
it will make winmx even more hard to close :twisted:
TY KM :)

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

bughunter

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 05:37:47 am »
you really are a dumb fuck aint you leo..............you got caught running your mouth off..............and clearly have no idea how caches work or you wouldnt have expressed your concerns, if you dont know what your talking about then dont open your stupid mouth..........
for a year now all we have heard from pie and those that are stupid enough to believe the crap coming from pie is km is going to do this or that that wil destroy winmx.............
km has done nothing but keep winmx afloat despite the deliberate attemptys by pie to make it fail........
pie have lied denied and scammed there sorry asses for the best part of a year.............
lieing to users by saying there was no need to block, then it was illegal to block, then orchastrated a web of deciet and lies by conning pie users into thing that if they used pg2 they would be safe from riaa, another total pack of lies as pg2 doesnt do anything for either the user or the network in general...........
then we have this shamefull scam that has been going on, even gem jim and sabre couldnt stand it anymore and left, siting vladds paypal button as a shame and a con, or are they liars as well ?
or do you leo think its ok that vladd con people into donating money for nothing but his internet monthly bill,
vladd has zero costs associated with winmx, the parasite doesnt even use the winmx client for connecting instead uses robo, hardly supportive of a network that hes scamming money out of is it..............
so leo just like every other pie maggot who has opened there mouths over the last year only shit dribbles out.............
you have choosen to follow a failed concept and patch, pie is associated with not saving winmx but with lies deciet and scams, thanks to p2p sites like slyics etc the whole p2p community knows what vladd is and those that choose to associate with this parasite..............
you are of course free to express statements regarding cache software,but try to keep it in the bounds of fact and not fantasy, cache software cannot ever be used to attack, and by susgesting so you just prove your as stupid as sabre when he stated that host names cant be used for a acache and that it has to be ip,s,,,,,,,,,,,errrrrrr what does he think dns is for,using ip,s as sabre has done is about as stupid as you can get, updates of even the smallest changes require re downloading another patch,where as using host names and dns any changes to the cache or wat ever can be done on the fly ..........
so leo the only liars around here are pie maggots thus including you.............
releasing cache software to spread the load around and making it even harder for riaa to shut down winmx is a good thing and doesnt need brain dead pie maggots spreading fear thru lies................
at least those dl and using kms cache software will also be using the dll, the only real connection solution,and unlike pie will not be a open invitation to riaa to connect and flood the network with both fakles and dos attacks plus of course there denial of service attacks by taking up all the spare secondry slots thus denying leg users a connection.................
so leo what do you do to protect your self and the network..............let me take a guess ,sweet fuck all..................

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2006, 06:16:18 am »
The lenght of your post and calling names here and there, actually all over your post does not impress me at all.
The fact that winmxgroup is so shortsighted to beleave that blocking a few flooder is saving the network while it is open on all other fronts proves your ignorence. Advicing to uninstall Peer Guardian and/or Protowall is about the same as telling users to switch the firewall off and open your system for the world. Real good advice.
Never came up in your mind to find out why Bluetack blocked the WPN peercaches did you?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 07:32:51 am »
Ome I agree bug is being a little over the top but your digging a hole for yourself making more statements like the one you just did.

I have spoken to Blutak, they are completely ignorant of what goes on on winmx and seem not to know anything about the network or how it operates, the flooders they list are taken from our lists and you are completely wrong in suggesting that we only block a few flooders, we block them 100% as has been explained many times now.

The only way fakes are now appearing on the WPN are via host file users who handle 100% of the fakes, this is why we have run a campaign to ask them to protect all winmx users for the last 11 months.

We are also able to pinpoint other threats to the network that you know nothing about, this knowledge is shared with most of the more prominent pie team members and is why they are not here saying things as you have done, if you wish to know anything and can respect the need for withholding information from the anti p2p organisations then I will show you what I,m talking about, we are after all supposed to be taking care of our fellow users not taking shots at each other.

I think for now we should take Ome,s word that his room closed a few moments after I asked what he was alluding to on vladds , I see no point in us fighting over the matter now Ome has come here to say it was just a musing and he undersatands that the cache software is no danger.

Blutack on the ther hand are a threat to all users as they are not only attacking users, caches and sites that are winmx related they are attacking other networks too and they have given no sensible reason for doing so despite being asked by myself to explain what the problem is, our hands are tied by their silence on the matter, we will not allow them to destroy winmx its that simple.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 07:43:41 am »
Quote from:  ome_leo
Advising to uninstall Peer Guardian and/or Protowall is about the same as telling users to switch the firewall off and open your system for the world. Real good advice.

I disagree with that... Even Norton slows down my PC less. Peer guardain was good once, but it takes up too much system resources... Peer guardian does not fit into the category of firewall. Windows firewall I believe is better than peergrardian for firewall like purposes. I use Norton, and it's decent. Peerguardian blocks even some opennap servers.... I saw that when I was seeing it a couple of days ago... (I don't use it... very occasionally like this time). No one 'tells anyone to shut their firewall permanently....

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 08:28:52 am »
The simple fact is, peer guardian does nothing to "make you safe" (the excuse that people use for saying "you must degrade your p2p experience because we said so") - it will stop no attacks against you, it will stop no anti-p2p company from sending a letter to you (they do not need to connect to you to send out a worthless letter making unfounded threats - anyone who claims differently either doesn't know what they are talking about or is deliberately telling pies), it will stop nothing - the only thing it has any possibility of doing is blocking flooders connecting, and it does that poorly (flooders take ages to get blocked by it, if they even get blocked)

What is alerting me badly at the moment is the recent release of king cache software which is not the same as the actual running cache software. What is he up to?? Searching launching pads?
let me guess... "this is alerting me because it completely undermines all of our claims for why we need to hijack the network" would that be accurate? as for the what am i up to - i think that is clear? it's called getting he public involved and being as transparent and open about things as possible... perhaps you should try it some time? it's much much easier than lies and "we can't tell you that because currently the only justification we have for bossing you about is because we refuse to tell you anything"

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 09:16:36 am »
I'm not going to discuss bluetack or their blocklists.
Anyone who feels responsible to block flooder can use Peerguardian and/or Protowall and allow the connections he/she beleaves to be safe.

Maybe it depends on your system, I'm runnung Peerguardian, a software firewall, a winmx primary connected at 15/22,5 and a rose server next to all the usual things and my cpu hardly exceeds 39%.

Somewhere else I discussed the difference between fake files and flooder, you can go walking backwards or on your hands, fakes can only be found if you look at the content of the files. Fake users is a different case and I'm not going to repeat how you can be a fake user.

GhostShip is added to MSN so if you have questions, feel free.

@KM, PeerGardian seems to be so effective that when the proper IP are blocked, the Peer is endangered.
Peerguardian is never meant to be a mail or spamblocker, so I can not see any relation. Does your patch block that mail you are referring to?
And you guessed completely wrong.

KM

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2006, 11:03:28 am »
peer guardian trojan can block just like the patch does, but firstly their lists take ages to get flooders on them (if they even get on there) then once on there it then takes ages to even start blocking them (due to update times being bad)

and as for blocking them sending you a letter, nothing can do that...

btw 39% CPU usage to run MX on primary? I'm guessing a 1GHz or lower for the %age to be that high? either that or not patched... (btw, that peer guardian trojan with huge lists to check constantly eats a lot of resources it doesn't need to, and a MX with flooders attached eats resources because it has more files to check search data against)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2006, 04:43:36 pm »
* Bearded Blunder wonders (but has doubts) if his NAT meets the requirements..

any simple way for a dunce to test?  i have a pretty stable room.. on a box with spare resources.. having kept a room online with only breif breaks for several years.. you could consider me a reserve candidate for running a cache.. if not needed now.. but it's how to check out the NAT
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

KM

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2006, 04:51:34 pm »
erm, the way i checked the others was to query it from here and check the source port of the reply with wireshark - lol

most NAT systems are fine, they will see that the port is forwarded so not do the port translation for outbound data - just some won't (like mine) and it's best to avoid those, although those are fine for an emergency there may be issues querying them on primary for some users

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2006, 10:28:51 pm »
peer guardian trojan can block just like the patch does, but firstly their lists take ages to get flooders on them (if they even get on there) then once on there it then takes ages to even start blocking them (due to update times being bad)
So you admit your dll blocks as good as Peerguardian.
And as for the speed new known flooder are added to the blocklists, Bluetack updates his lists dayly at 01:00 GMT, if you set your Peerguardian to update shortly after that, you can say you are up to date.
I use to update more often, but many times the winmxworld blocklist does not need to be updated, more days in a row is common.
Agreed, so why did you mention that before?
btw 39% CPU usage to run MX on primary? I'm guessing a 1GHz or lower for the %age to be that high? either that or not patched...
Never said winmx alone was taking 39% and you guessed wrong again with 1 Mhz.
(btw, that peer guardian trojan with huge lists to check constantly eats a lot of resources it doesn't need to, and a MX with flooders attached eats resources because it has more files to check search data against)
Strange that you know so much from peer guardian that you don't know that "all those list" are merged and cached so actualy we can speak from one cached list.

Peer Guardian trojan happens to be open source and can be controlled which we cannot say from the dll.
The trojan horse as you might know looked very nice untill the content was revealed .
That is my main worry about your programs KM, I respect your skills, but I see too much happening on the peer where I have no explanation for yet.

Very nice of you to release some kind of cache software, but again, shortly after the release you find a bug, or maybe forgot something?
Those new caches are only available to the dll users I guess, like your own caches.
Indeed a great help to all WinMx users.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2006, 11:56:53 pm »
Ome I suppose you would rather winmx went 100% open src and lost any protection from idiots, wannabe hackers, and  baytsp who log users for the lawyers like all the other networks suffer from except winmx ?

If you want to use winmx and help it grow then it would help if you take a hand in protecting it, instead you are turning into someone that attacks anything they dont understand, no one here will release any sources, program info or protocols to you or anyone else who wishes to sell the users down the drain so easily, I dont give a fig if the PG program is open source if it is used as a weapon against winmx then its part of the enemies armoury and will be treated as such.

If you dont want winmx to thrive then I dont have time to waste on you, I notice not one of the pie folks or the fence sitters have gone to Blutak to suport me in lifting the blocking,  it shows your not actually commited to the network or its users as far as I,m concerned.

Lets be clear here to you, jim, vladd and any of the other non tech folks who talk about open sourcing items that would kill the network for us all, we here do not intend to ever help destroy the network to settle the curiosity of a few people, yourself included, I think you will find Sabre agrees that this is the safest policy for the networks continued trouble free existence, those that have a need to know, know the important stuff and those that dont help when winmx is under attack are not people I have time to waste good time on.

So what side of the fence are you sitting on ? Pro MX or apologist for a blocklist organisation that blocks 87 million people and cares not for those blocked by accident , you make your mind up Ome , I had the idea that you actually cared about the network.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006, 12:20:07 am »
Very nice of you to release some kind of cache software, but again, shortly after the release you find a bug, or maybe forgot something?
Those new caches are only available to the dll users I guess, like your own caches.

Dont see the point in writin this as its a waste of breath and you as well as we all know, That even if i said yes sure use my addy in the next pie patch to help stop User's from not being able to connect that it wont happen. Its not a issue on our side I personnaly couldnt care less who connects through me so long as they can and isnt one of the people that is trying to do harm to this network via flooding, I think u are digging yourself a very big hole ome and its a shame, just one day u will realise that we are not trying to do harm but save and better this network
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

KM

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2006, 12:24:10 am »
So you admit your dll blocks as good as Peerguardian.
the blocking is not "as good", it can block as the patch does, however i would hardly call it "as good" - and not just because of the unacceptably slow updates

And as for the speed new known flooder are added to the blocklists, Bluetack updates his lists dayly at 01:00 GMT,
well glad to know that you think 24 hours is "just as good as" a few minutes - that's not even taking in to account the fact that it takes a while for them to come and copy/paste from our list, if they even bother to do that

is your peer guardian with bluetacks nice reliable "just as good" lists blocking 64.248.57.132? oh, no it doesn't need to, it already blocks that entire ISP... you'd almost think that they couldn't identify which were flooders so just blocked the entire ISP along with all of its users... yes, just as good there, i completely agree, let's block 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 to get rid of the flooders, that would be "even better" right?

if you set your Peerguardian to update shortly after that, you can say you are up to date.
with lists that are still 24 hours old, assuming they even get the flooders added straight away...

I use to update more often, but many times the winmxworld blocklist does not need to be updated, more days in a row is common.
well there's only an update every once and a while, so it's fine to leave your system flooding for ages due to not updating when there IS an update?

well, I think I'll leave a £20 note laying in the street, I'll check on it a couple of times and see it's still there then not bother checking it as often - i mean nobody is going to take it while I'm not looking are they?

Agreed, so why did you mention that before?
I did not, those who constantly say "you need peer guardian and huge lists, the winmxworld ones don't cover <some random company>" claim it...

Strange that you know so much from peer guardian that you don't know that "all those list" are merged and cached so actualy we can speak from one cached list.
one huge list, which means going through checking a lot of entries, yes it has been optimised for such huge lists, but that still doesn't change the fact that it is a lot more to look up than there would be on a smaller list

The trojan horse as you might know looked very nice untill the content was revealed .
indeed, so you say we should not reveal to users the true content of this program that certain people claim is some form of protection and is somehow helpful to p2p?

That is my main worry about your programs KM, I respect your skills, but I see too much happening on the peer where I have no explanation for yet.
i have no idea what the fact that you have no idea about winmx as to do with anything... are you merely attempting to give us some excuse for all the rubbish you keep comming out with? there is no excuse for saying things you know to not be true, you can not claim ignorance - especially after being told the truth so many times

have you ever heard of any program that has not ever had a bug fix? or are you suggesting i should have left it broken and not released the update? left a crippled version for the public? that might be the sort of thing you would do perhaps, but i prefer to fix things...

indeed you are correct that using a hosts file with a static IP address fixed in it prevents you from making use of new caches as they come online unless you keep modifying it, or making use of them if they change IP...perhaps you should go and ask the people who are refusing users access to those caches why they are doing so? (aka pie who are telling people to remove a patch using them and replace it with a hosts file not using them)
that is something that will probably never be proven either way, as we'll never know if it was useful or not - in a few years time i could still be running several caches and it turned out that the user caches weren't very useful after all, or it could turn out that i am unable to run any caches and it is completely reliant on user caches... but even in a few years time we don't know what would have been different if the cache software had not been released, so we still couldn't say if it actually was useful or not but at least it's one less thing to worry about (well, 2 actually - you could count the risk of temporary failures as a worry that has been reduced as well)

I had the idea that you actually cared about the network.
What were you smoking?

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2006, 12:57:29 am »
The cache software, How much bandwidth is it supposed to use? Because i haven't seen it use like more than even 5kb/s of upload
- Josh

bughunter

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2006, 01:45:56 am »
awwwwwwww poor pie maggot leo shot down in flames like every other maggot that is stupid enough to post there lies and accusations on this forum...............
why dont you do something constrctive for winmx leo and stop posting your accusations that the cache software is going to attack, or in someway do something unfriendly..............or better still produce the lines of code you belive are dangerous...............
reality is pie are finished as a coonection solution, disgraced by there admittance that for the past year all they have done is lie mislead and deny,plus of course there now infamous scam of a paypal button.......
i take it leo that you approve of the scamming of winmx users..........that deliberately lying and deciveing them is acceptable, as no where have i seen you post anything about that, but you feel its your misguided duty to critize the release of cache software,because your pea of a brain thinks that it might be nasty....................
as it stands km and winmxworld are the only ones who have done anything positive for winmx, where as pie are just self confessed liars and scam artists,with nothing to offer the community................
so no matter what pie do your finished the winmx community wants nothing from pie except it to dissappear.............
and looking at the uptake of the dll of late pie will be only a bad memory by xmas..........
have a nice day maggot....................

KM

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2006, 02:44:35 am »
The cache software, How much bandwidth is it supposed to use? Because i haven't seen it use like more than even 5kb/s of upload

about 100kbit, but i say 100-200kbit as it could of course go up to that and then i can say "see, still within the range i said" :-)  of course varying depending on the time of day

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2006, 03:52:35 am »
@G/¥\Á Tîñý4èvå [W/¥\W even if you would tell your IP, it would be useless to hosts patch users. None of KM's caches gives a proper connetion to those users.

@ GhostShip
I never asked WinMx sources or WinMx to be 100% open source, first of all because these sources are not available.

@ KM
I've made my points and you undermined and still are undermining the efforts of the hosts patch users to block flooder by using peer guardian, by telling lies about your list being more accurate.

@bughunter, if you would try to put a little more effort in reading posts and writing some understandable english, thereby would say some sensible things and not type like a parrot in a zoo, I might take the effort to read what you have to say.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A year ago...

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx