gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:42:46 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A year ago...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A year ago...  (Read 6609 times)

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: A year ago...
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2006, 06:16:38 pm »
You realy can't stop doing it KM,

Just stating all you say are lies because the facts are different, is easy is it not.
Fact is you have been redirecting hosts patch users to a minipeer with only winmxgroup rooms in the roomlist, or did you not? Was it RIAA who did that, or maybe one of the pieteam members?

I would have had a little more trust in you if you had left the tricks behind you, but it looks like it is not over yet.

Twisting words:
not using the search function in winmx is not the same as I'm not a winmx user.

Just keep thinking I know little. Does not harm me at all.

I was talking about your attitude, acting like a god who knows all and rules the world.

Quote from: KM
I'm sure there are a lot of people who like the fact that I actually do things - like restoring the network when frontcode went...
history? you mean a history of always stepping in when required to do what is best for the network, no matter how costly it is to myself? or you mean the history of always fighting against those who attack the network? would you also like to mention the history of this group now calling themselves "pie"? with the "child abuse" (i believe that is the politically correct term for raping children), amongst other things - very nice history they have
incompleteness? what is missing? i mean apart from the repeated demands you have made that i give you an attack tool that can shut down the entire network in a matter of minutes...
sorry this has to be quoted, restoring the network, all by yourself, best joke I heard today, I'm sorry.
Alway's stepping in when the network is attacked, you sound like the arson committing firefighter.
Incomplete? yes, nice to see your patch filters files, but again, what about the spies.?
And an attacktool ? Don't need one and never demanded one.

You made a mistake about that child abuse part, I will call it a mistake, not a lie though the facts are different. I have seen nothing of the kind on the pie sites, did you? Or would you call Vladds site one of the pie sites?

Twisting words
Where did I ever mention Sabre as THE winmx expert?

Mxlie? One if your new projects maybe??

@bughunter, go on, you are doing well, exchange pie for winmxgroup here and there and you will get close, you will find out sooner or later.

@GS the holder of the dutch mx site is banned from my room long time ago for making panic and telling lies, if that satifies you.

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2006, 06:47:00 pm »
You made a mistake about that child abuse part, I will call it a mistake, not a lie though the facts are different. I have seen nothing of the kind on the pie sites, did you? Or would you call Vladds site one of the pie sites?

Vladd is not a pie site???
Now who is twisting things???

If vladd aint a pie site then how the hell can vladd be the leader of the pie team ?
How the hell can all team members be admin of the vladd site???

Guilty by association (To quote Nobby)

Ome i dont know of you that well but to me you are just like the rest of the members of pie who post here....

You avoid out right questions driected at you and you come here just to spin and spin and spin so as to waste other peoples good time.

Thats my view nobody elses but hey just iggy my post as you do all others..

Your here to attacj KM   no more no less   simple as 1 2 3  and anyone with half a brain can see this

So know your indirectly harming the network you claim to care so much about by wasting peoples time.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2006, 06:57:17 pm »
Yes Ome it does, I know when two sides take up a fighting stance that bad words are said and didnt expect any of the sattelite sites to parrot the words of the site they support without showing information from the other side that demonstrates important facts to allow them to make an informed decision.

I explained to you yesterday and will do so here today as regards the rescue peer cache set up to get folks stranded on a broken patch up and working again.

I wrote all the details for all to see on a neutral site to ensure it reached all sites without censorship, heres the two relevant posts.

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23149

Some of you here may know I represent a non pie site and along with you all I agree the fighting is getting a little out of hand.

The reason for many of pies problems are in there own hands and I have had hundreds of posts complaining of Censorship on vladds site of the more viable winmxgroup solution which I of course support for technical reasons.

As I see the allegations have been placed on this forum I feel its only fair for me to respond to them.

On the 31st of may a change was made in the IP,s of two peer caches as it was noticed during a routine check of the logs that a denial of service attack had been ongoing and this was a simple pre prepared way to avoid those perpetrating the attacks, the plan originally involved rotating the peer cache addresses which would have no affect on the winmx group users but pie users would be affected so this was shelved and a single change was notified in the usual manner of previous change notices, a public posting

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=2425.0.html

This so far would have caused a mere delay in connecting and should have been the time to issue an updated host file, but lets move forward in time two weeks.

Problem 2 arose for the pie team, Rocks peer cache (209) went down and all further pie traffic was diverted to Leps peer cache (82.4, this is a home connection and as can be expected it was soon overwhelmed with traffic.

The release of the new winmxgroup patch was a news aricle here and has proved a major success with those using its new fake blocking features.

Now we come to the cause of the renewed fighting, user who had discovered the new patch and posted on vladds site regarding how well it worked and that it connected instantly found their posts being deleted, depriving others from finding the alternative connection solution.

Users going to the vladd44 rooms where also being mislead regarding the new patch development, many being told horror stories such as it was a trojan, didnt work with routers, damaged windows and many other untrue allegations.

We and I speak on behalf of winmxworld and winmxgroup do not support this type of censorship or action against winmx users who only wish to connect.

We are also unhappy regarding advertisements found on vladds and the mxpie site for pay winmx, we feel this is wrong and this is not the first time we have seen these advertisements there or complained.

For the information of those who may be puzzled by such strange activity and why the stakes are so high regarding this matter, the pie/host file users are the sole source of access for Macrovisions flooders into the WPN,it is next to impossible to upload fake file lists to a primary winmxgroup patch user.

I have very much respect for all the posters here and had not wished for this "internal" matter to spread over into the wider world of p2p, but as it has done I am quiet willing to answer any further questions on this matter to satisfy those who have concerns and wish answers.

A question was raised by a user as to the redirection taking place, this was the reply

Yes I can answer that mystery also  

The users who have not been able to connect using pie patch where left with non operative winmx systems and so we decided to take the initiative in helping these users back onto the network, this was done by bringing a reserve winmxgroup cache serve online on the old alternative address that was in the pie patch and direct these users to an update message thats told them their patch was in need of updating.

We feel that this action is in the best interest of the users and the network, as losing users is not in the interests of ourselves or pie.

Users who received the message that appeared on the channel list and on a single search result, where confused as to what was happening but at no time where they connected to the wpn, the connection was dropped after a time thought long enough for the users to read what was happening and take action.

What I beleive happened in some cases is that users who entered the update server used a facility of winmx to connect via TCP to a chatroom directly and as the connection dropped at the update server their name numbers where reassigned again as they re-entered the update server again,and this was reflected in the chat room seeing a change in usernames, Of course we had tried to cover all the angles in asking people to upgrade their patches, but it seems some folks neither bother with a roomlisting or search for files and these where the only methods we had to contact those on defunct pie patches.

I hope that clears up the mystery, I would like to add only one member of the pie team (Unique) asked for the information above and I readily appraised him with the same information posted here

So lets be clear Ome, we acted to save users while pie was broke, if you dont like this thats not our problem we answer to the users and no one else for anything we do, did anyone here sit around when called once again to clean up pies mess ?

The answer is no we waited two days to allow a call for help or assistance and its only when we noticed the user count dropping did we make an on-the-fly rescue plan that was successful in reaching all users with the non operational pie patch , if the same thing happend now pie would lose all of its folks because some dimwit removed the winmxgroup servers to have a monopoly over the pie users, selfishness is not something we bother with much here, the site the patch the tutorials the program archive the peer caches the blocklist, all free and open to all , thats our attitude and theres nothing wrong with it.

I note Ome you havent provided any IPs as I asked for that shows any blocklist of winmx flooders is better than our own, once again I have to say you are unaware of other measures in place so please stop repeating your claim of folks having their files logged, this is scaremongering as you will have to dig deep to find anyone sued on mx compared to all the other networks and the fact is we can and do monitor for this threat, is there anything more you wish to allege ?

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2006, 08:10:13 pm »
I would like to step in here and give my views. When frontcode took down the Peer Caches everyone filled up with panic and ideas where rushing around like you would never believe. The outcome of frontcode taking down the Peer Caches was that of two patchs the WinMxgroup Patch (.Dll) and the Pie Patch (Modified Hosts File), both of these patchs where made as a temporary for users to connect again.

Every argument that takes place between WinMxworld, WinMxgroup and the Pie Team comes back to the point of Envy. Vladd and his team seem jelous at the fact WinMxGroup have a better patch than them and it seems that Pie will do anything to slander, downgrade and even demote anything other than their own.

I think alot of people need to grown up and respect what others do or have done. KM and who ever else helped in the making of the dll patch did not have to do so, the pie team did not have to modify a hosts file and call it a patch either but both party's decided that the methods chosen needed to be done.

Forget peoples past forget the old accusations and forget he said she said and please for the love of WinMx just make do with what you have. Let pie do whatever they want with their patch and let users decide what is the best option.

You all seem to be forgetting that users make the final decesion on what they do when using their computers if a users decides to use the Pie Patch let them do so at the same time when using the pie patch they will be slowly adding traffic to the New Peer Caches and at the same time getting alot of fake search results, if users want to use the WinMxgroup patch let them do so but if they do use the WinmxGroup patch they will realise that connection time is slightly quicker, no fake files, they wont be adding traffic to the server and they will be in safe hands.

These are the view of me (Quick Slide) the view i have expressed have nothing to do with WMW (WinMxWorld) or WMG (WinMxGroup) or for that matter MxPie i am just sick of this bickering and so are the users.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2006, 10:14:18 pm »
The bickering has been about important matters and should not be trvialised Quick Slide, that said if the new patch blocks flooders for host file users its my hope we will be able to take down some of the walls that each side raised, this requires the confidence of many in those who claim to speak for them, I will be expecting a cessation of hostilities and restraint from those who would be quick to anger, lets bring back the days of fun, a united effort to block flooders is a victory over the flooders and the people that pay them.

My advice is to be patient, active in pushing the blocking where neccesary and a little more friendly to those who we have been fighting with, after all they are not the real enemy and this oppurtunity for a peace should be taken up by all.

PS : what servers are you talking about Quick Slide, winmx is a decentralised network meaning its user to user and nothing in between, if its the peer caches they are running redundant and far from under excessive loads.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2006, 10:41:51 pm »
Quote from: GhostShip
The users who have not been able to connect using pie patch where left with non operative winmx systems and so we decided to take the initiative in helping these users back onto the network, this was done by bringing a reserve winmxgroup cache serve online on the old alternative address that was in the pie patch and direct these users to an update message thats told them their patch was in need of updating.
That would have been nice if the offer was an updated hosts, however it was a coup by offering rhe dll as solution.

But, never mind, I spent more time in this kids garden then I should have.
Keep adoring your chocalate god by all means, don't even doubt his words. He and he alone saved WinMx, that's what he beleaves, so you should all beleave.

For the last time I will say, though it will again not be heard, I'm NOT a pie member I'm NOT an MxFix member and definitely NOT a winmxgroup member.
I'm a WinMx user, concerned about what was one of the best P2P networks, you turned it into a battle ground, thanks a lot for that,
Live wel

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2006, 10:50:10 pm »
Please to have made you seen you where wrong Ome, many come here to shout us down and go with their tails between their legs like you are doing.

I hate to think which of the hard core pie users would have used a patch released by me when they where waiting for the one promised by Unique 14 days earlier but hey we can all live like Ome in "retrospective wisdom land"  :lol: :P :lol:

by the way politeness costs nothing, try it sometime, others do and decide it works better than trying to score points and failing.

KM

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2006, 12:37:27 am »
Keep adoring your chocalate god by all means, don't even doubt his words. He and he alone saved WinMx, that's what he beleaves, so you should all beleave.
do you want to claim otherwise? do you want to quote the announcements by what soon became "pie" about the first functional peer cache being from some server of sabres called "ireland.winmxgroup.com"? (yes they did try to credit sabre for this mighty "split hosts" which allowed users to connect - by using my cache, which was the only one functional for several weeks) - or perhaps you would like to quote their claims that the delays connecting at the start which cleared up after a few days were due to changes in the cache software and not due to blocking? while you're doing that I'll let you in on a little secret - the first cache software i was running on the day of the shut down was still being used months later without modification (except a bug fix or two related to it crashing, which had no effect on results returned)... the only thing that did change was the uptake of a patch that was blocking the flooders from connecting to primaries, primaries which btw were all completely full of flooders and therefore unable to handle users - even when anyone could see this problem i as still the only person on winmx pointing out this problem with the self-claimed "expert" stating that flooders filling up primaries isn't a problem and doesn't need sorting out...

those are all facts which can easily be verified if you bother to look, so please do continue to state how the person who single handed fought against what became the pie lot (who refused to do what was needed) and did what was needed himself is somehow anti-winmx... btw i am sorry to say that unfortunately it was single handed, i didn't even get any help from ghostship at the time (not due to him supporting their opinion that we shouldn't block flooders, just due to not being there to help) :-(

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2006, 12:39:14 am »
you made me see I'm right thank you very much, but I don't wish to argue any longer on a forum which looks more like a cage full of parrots and where are very few people with brains that are used.

by the way politeness costs nothing,
indeed, that's why you are called al kind of names on this forum?

I don't have a tail and if I had one, it would be waving goodbye, no use to spill more time inhere.

KM

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2006, 12:50:31 am »
glad to know that the entire pie team between them have been working for months to clone what someone with no brain did in a few hours... can i have permission to quote you when referencing the stupidity of pie members? how between them they have a fraction of the intelligence of someone with no brain

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2006, 07:04:52 am »
WinMx will never be fun again users are leaving the WPN because files that they want can not be found i am trying my hardest by downloading as many torrents and files of other p2p apps and sharing them and i know other people are trying to share as much as possible but while everyone here is bickering you seem to be missing the point.

A user may visit here or vladd44's site and they read what bickering is going on and they must think what the hell WinMx is only a file sharing program some people have put alot of work into WinMx but you seem to be taking it all to seriously

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2006, 07:05:43 am »
*yawn * I think its clear to everyone that Omes claims when examined under the daylight fall short of being the truth, while its not our policy to be lenient with trolls I made an exception with Ome as he is a helper at mxcontrol, but it still seems he is not interested in the truth that has been posted after each of his new claims, this then shows his true colours.

QuickSlide I have access to a counter that shows how many users are online, your claims of everyone leaving are wrong, I have been watching the sharing situation and I dont think theres a P2P app out there that people dont make the same claims for, folks go to the network that suits their taste.

Yes we do take matters seriously, its not like things get sorted out by themselves, most projects are time intensive and lots of work goes into making things as normal a possible for the average user, just because things get hot here many users are enjoying winmx and have never visited any of the winmx sites or forums, thats the real truth and what we strive to acheive, if problem do arise then we swing into action, this is what I call success.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A year ago...

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx