gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 10, 2024, 01:35:19 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Still need to get the word out
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Still need to get the word out  (Read 104824 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Still need to get the word out
« on: September 30, 2006, 10:26:05 am »
We are currently working on expanding the international sections of the site.. namely translating or adding to with new Tutorials and help sections in languages.  Km is enjoying my night mare helping to make the site more international language character friendly and we need more pages.

Anyone that would like to help out by translating pages already made or making new material please let us know.

Thanks for all the support and help trying to get the help out to the rest of the non English speaking world... :wink:

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: Still need to get the word out
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 03:25:33 am »
wish i was winmx special ops???
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Rui

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 03:36:28 pm »
Hi. I'm a user of winmx and can translate to Portuguese. I used to be a professional translator for Digital Equipment Corp. As you probably know Portuguese ranks 7 in the list of most spoken languages in the World and it would be nice to have a Portuguese interface.
If you need a Portuguese translation just tell me what you need. 
Regards,

Rui

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 05:22:51 pm »
Rui that would be great, we would love to have some of the tutorials and things in Portuguese!!..

If you could either join the site here and send me a pm on site or use the email contacts below my name and avatar to email me I could discuss with you about this.  Thanks very much.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 11:33:44 am »
i ve been havin doubts to react too for a dutch section for a  while now
havin doubts because i donot want to make promisses i can't keep.. being pretty busy as it is allready
mostly wondering how time consuming this would become and if i would be good enough at it :P
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 04:55:03 pm »
Joshua basically we don't ask for more then you can give.. many of the folks that translate for us do it in their spare time and send me a page when its finished.. that's fine with me.  We have an extensive tutorials section in English and I would ask you to look through it, look through the Dutch we have already on the international page.. and find one you feel like working on.

It may be that if you see any updates that should be made to the Dutch ones we have that would be a good place to start.  The person we had doing those is a lot like you.. very busy with school and work.  I haven't had a chance to talk to them since we did some updating of pages.

Some of the ones I would like to see translated are as follows (this is just a guide or an idea of ones I would like)

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/helping_winmx.html
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/fake_file_info.html
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewalls-xp.html
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewalls-xp-sp2.html
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_basics.html

Those are just a few i feel would help users of other languages.. honestly i cant see where any would be a 'bad' idea if there are any you feel important.

Right now the process is as such.. I usually ask folks to avoid special characters if possible.  To write this in notepad or word pad and to use some indications for things like bolding or images (just a sign to tell me where to put these as i cant read the language).  We like to use pictures from the language when possible but most folks have English versions of MX so we can use English pics as in the other tutorials.  I also ask that you do a line at the bottom that says This tutorial translated for you by (insert your name here), we always try to give credit where its due.  So its pretty easy to do..

BTW.. not to spoil things but we are working on a way to have these things easier to upload, better formatting and a way to allow the other characters without driving the browser mad.. So for now i would ask you just translate in your language of choice and send the document me without worrying too much about anything but bolding and images so i can know where those go.

If you're interested just send me a email and let me know.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 06:37:32 pm »
I can do some french if you'd like it.... tell me which ones you need and i'll do it....

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 09:11:08 am »
Yes Sam that would be loverly...

If you would like to do any of the ones i listed above with the exception of the XP Firewall ones then feel free.

8)

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 01:44:49 am »
ok mehere i ll try and see what i can do on one of them first.
when finished you ll hear from me (if you don't hear from me i might have changed my mind  :oops: but i ll give it a try on something short)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 11:34:35 am »
Thanks Joshua203,

I have received the files and will be working on uploading later today.. thanks a million for not changing your mind.. lol

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 02:08:49 pm »
just picked a simple small one...happy to help :wink:

Offline MiPMiP

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 08:16:11 am »
hi  :lol:

if you need help to translate in French, i can make it  :P

thks
WinMx FRANCE  +_3DA645553236

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 08:36:53 am »
Yes Please.. if you would that would be great.

Since Sam has offered also some french we should prolly make public here in this post which ones each of you might like to work on. so that you not over stepping each others work?

Thanks guys

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 12:52:53 pm »
I'm doing, or rather trying to do the, helping winmx one.....

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 03:26:27 pm »
awesome.. so Mip feel free to grab any of the others.. i espesially need the XP Sp2 one if you have time..

Offline MiPMiP

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 04:31:54 pm »
WinMx FRANCE  +_3DA645553236

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 05:15:55 pm »
Yes please Mip :>

Evitark

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 07:10:23 am »
Apparently the portuguese traslation guy disappeard, so if you guys still need a portuguese translation, I guess I can do it! : )
PS: I read better than write (in english) :P

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 10:10:32 am »
Hi Evitark,

No the 'portuguese translation guy' didnt disappear however. .there are over 100 tutorials that could be translated and I have no quams over allowing you to also do some for the site.  In fact that would be much appreciated by us all.

If you are interested then just join the site, or if you would rather not  then click my email link under my name and email me, We can discuss which ones Rui is doing and which ones you might be willing to do for the site.

Thanks

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 06:44:26 pm »
I have received the files and will be working on uploading later today..

donot wanna be inpatient but uuhhm what happened? anything wrong with it?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Still need to get the word out

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx