gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 09:47:50 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  New Pie Patch is Dangerous
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Pie Patch is Dangerous  (Read 14647 times)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Re: New Pie Patch is Dangerous
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 01:34:32 pm »
thinking, if this pie patch is the closest thing to the riaa, wat is the pie team getting out of developing something that could lead to the downfall of winmx if there was not an alternative?
it makes me wonder if they want to close winmx, or just make it so ppl cant use it, then do what bill gates did with open chat in uk, he closed the free chat rooms, them upened up pay as you go chat. so is pie team npw anti winmx?
well thats my thoughts.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

KM

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 10:22:36 pm »
they have been since the start?

they have never done anything to help winmx, and constantly harm it... they have never been anything except anti-winmx

bughunter

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 11:19:48 pm »
wat pie get out of all this is simple..............
right from the start it was never about any patch, it was about removing km from winmx....................
nobby has stated that no winmx is better then winmx with km in charge.....................
so you can see pie goals are to bring winmx to its knees, simply because km is in control of winmx.................
you would have to be silly to think that pie dont know what there doing is distructive, they simply dont care....................
as for vladd he cares nothing about winmx or its users, he simply see,s winmx as a money making machine, its in his interest that winmx breaks and that users have issues, after all he gets paid on foot traffic to his website and from his banner adds..........
as for sabre well hes just a idiot, who thinks hes a match for km as a programmer,not even on km,s worst day would sabre wouldnt be a match for him.................
as for the rest of pie well there just fools who blindly follow anything as long as its not winmxworld, which is there right to of course, but just goes to show they dont care about winmx or its users either.................
simple reality is pie have lost discredited by there antics there lies and deciet...........users have made there choice and they prefer the dll................pie at a best guess make up less then 5% of total winmx users and is probably lower then that...........
as for this new patch of vladds well like everything to do with that parasite its a failure,it does nothing about blocking does nothing about riaa and its farcecal that they claim its open source.............it doesnt meet any requirement under the GNU license for open source................
the day that pie and co no longer exist on this network the better winmx wil be......................
thankfully most users have seen thru pies lies and deciet and have nothing more to do with them................
pie for all practical purposes is as dead as the dodo.................

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 04:39:46 pm »
Oh dear, what a mess of inaccuracy's.

The patch is not supposed to be a "super" patch nobody claimed it was, its simply a easy to use method to ensure the flooders are removed from the network and pie users protected from such flooding.

At this point the patch is not operating as it was intended, as DDOS attacks have disrupted distribution and stretched trust beyong belief, this has resulted in 4 simple facts:

#1 Many Pie users remain unprotected as the main distribution sites are under ongoing DDOS attacks.
#2 For an unknown number of winmx users the resulting lack of support sites will no doubt see them leaving Winmx
#3 Some will turn to mxpie.info who will at very best ask them to install PG2, which is less than ideal
#4 The mistrust and disruption thats been caused means the Pie auto updater is not yet using the full WmW list as originally intended.

The issue of the ongoing DDOS attacks is being addressed, i hope this will be swift, but the very nature of such attacks  makes it complex to investigate and resolve.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 05:23:07 pm »
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 08:58:08 pm »
knobby, when will you stop telling lies?

you claim vladd has offered some form of blocking of flooders?

the US governments drug enforcement admin staff are NOT flooding winmx, blocking them as vladd has said to do is NOT blocking flooders and has absolutely no effect AT ALL - i did not see anything on his site telling users to block flooders, in fact just before it went offline it was still telling people to remove the list of flooders from any blocking programs they may have and to instead use his list of US government admin staff

vladd and knobby do nothing but lie and attack the network

they spread lies claiming to have paid to make a program that someone else made ages ago and released fore free
they then spread lies claiming that the program is set up to block flooders, when in fact it is set to not block flooders (unless you are claiming that "Smokeblower Networks - Macrovision Corp" are not flooders? read their website where they state that they are before answering...) but is set to block the US Drug Enforcement Admin staff - yes the receptionists at a drug squad have nothing better to do than attack winmx... the winmx network operators have confirmed no flooding at all from them btw - and as for the other random users that vladd states users should block, i can only assume that they are users he dislikes? they certainly aren't flooders at any rate

to he lies to users to get them to remove any flooder blocking they may have, then he lies some more telling them to install a trojan that gives him the ability to hijack all of their online banking to get their banking info whenever he feels like it

and now he as finally given up trying to lie any more and taken his website offline, and just to try and do as much damage as possible is also trying every lie he can think of to get the network shut down, including attempts to contact the ISPs for various peer caches to try and get peer caches shut down

btw anyone wishing to check who took vladds website offline can do so quite easily, simply check the "Last Updated" date on his domain name, he has made several updates - updates are only made if you change something (not website content, but details such as the servers hosting the domain for example) - the DNS serers for the domain (that allow it to be used) have been changed around several times, as well as the IP Address that the domain name resolves to - those changes were made by vladd, nobody else...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 09:11:40 pm »
Nobby did confirm to me that the wmw blocklist is not in place yet for trust reasons related to a suspicion of who is behind their site problems KM, As I am unable to obtain a copy of vladds site logs I cannot see what is happening, I have asked for a look a while ago but it seems old issues are more important than resolving what the problem may be to him.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 10:12:43 pm »
The intention is and was always to use the WmW list, this is why i sought permission to do so from Ghost and consulted Mehere, it is not my fault DDOS's and other issues have forced this plan to be held, the responsibility for the lack of protection lies with those responsible for the attacks, meanwhile the mxpie.info totally unprotected and blind approach gathers momentum.

KM

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 11:23:47 pm »
and i'm sure you would also include the "thanks to winmxworld.com for providing the lists to keep the network running" message in a splash screen of some kind? as i'm sure you wouldn't even dream of trying to claim it as being anything to do with vladd or "mxpie" so i'm sure they would not be mentioned anywhere

bughunter

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2006, 04:26:55 am »
ROFL   @   trust issues,,,this from self confessed liars and scammers......................
even if pie 2 included winmxworld block list it wont make the slightest bit of difference..............
pie still fails misserably to address the issue of fakes, udp dos attacks and denial of service to secondry users................
pie is a failure no matter what wrapper you care to put it in....................and there is nothing that can be done about that...............
pie still continue to flat out LIE to pie users by susgesting the new patch protects them................it does no such thing and you know it, but instead of admitting your patch and blocking system is a totally and utterly a failure..........you continue to perpurtrate the lie that is pie.......................
your actions on this network continue to be a disgrace, and are a direct attack on the winmx network and its users..........you are worse scum then riaa,as pie continue to attack this network from within........at least we know what riaa is................but as pie continue there disruptive behaviour,they try to convince anyone who will listern that there patch protects users and that km and winmxworld are out to destroy the network,and continually blame km for there website being unavalable...............when they have produced not one piece of evidence that any attack has taken place let alone that km or winmxworld are behind it...............you should in fact be talking to he who controls the domain,perhaps vladd can explain why he attempts to blame km and winmxworld when it is he who sets up the redirct of the vladd website.....................but its easier to blame km and continue this direct attack on km intregrety and that of winmxworld.................................
and as for your claims that pie.info is growing pmsl only in your dreams....................
pie represent less then 3% of all totall users, your finished and winmx users have spoken loudly and clairly who they trust ................and it aint you maggots...........................
you can carryon your bullshit attempts nobby but no one is fooled by you any more......................trying to susgest you havent used the wmw blockist because of trust is nothing more then farce.................your self confessed liars and scammers of winmx users, dont you ever talk about trust, you have no idea of the concept...................
your blocktards list is 9 months out of date and has virtually no riaa flooder ips on it................
in case you dont know nobby riaa dont flood of there known fixed ips but off the dynamic ips they use, none of which appear on any list except wmw list................
worse thing you ever did quicks is let this lieing scamming maggot post on this site.....................he has nothing to offer users but more lies ,deciet, and denials............................

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 08:24:56 am »
couldnt this simply be a matter of pie vs pie (only slight pun intended)? think about it; nobby claims that vladd is getting DDoSed and yet mxpie.info is still online... hmm...

or better put; who would gain the most out of taking the 'original' mxpie (and associated site) offline? odds are its those who split away and 'stole' the name...

also; seems to me that they are the ones that would have the biggest 'grudge' against vladd...

now im not pointing fingers here... its just a thought, a hypothetical situation, of whats going on if indeed nobby is telling the truth... tho his word is something i dont have much faith in; im at least giving him the benefit of the doubt since ghostship seems to think the sky is falling...

anyone else care to add their own car to this train of thought?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 08:39:53 am »
The sky is most certainly not falling in Stripes, I have been helping the community a long while now and dont just listen to folks who agree with me, let free speech be something we guard.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 09:07:41 am »
The sky is most certainly not falling in Stripes,

you took that part a bit more serious than i ment it methinks... chill a bit...

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006, 10:02:39 am »
I have just tested the new pie patch and what  aload of crap,
Kaspersky reports it as a dangerous process and all it is again is a bundle.
The bundle contains a tool that modifys your host file which in itself is very dangerous, as this allows them the opertunity to block many things not just update your host file to the latest connection rules. Also it comes with the peer guardian lite programme which has already been proven to be totaly useless and it only contains one list.
It has the block tards list in it, not the winmxworld list, which they have already admitted our lists are better than their own, so what is the point in what they have realeased. I personnally had problems installing this with it reporting it as a dangerous process. Not something that you ever get wid the supposed dangerous WmW.dll.

Personnally winmx folks id steer away from this patch, as a antivirus reporting it is dangerous certainly scares me.Nice try pie team but you are still along way off coming up with anything that is going to be usefull in protecting winmx users

- The new Pie auto updater does indeed modify the hosts file, as does the mxpie.info patch and of course the winmxgroup patch, well at least it did last time i tested it. Pehaps Tiny considers all software that modifys the hosts as "dangerous"?

- I have seen no proof that the peer guardian lite software is "totaly useless" perhaps Tiny can post the source of his evidence, as i have found pglite to be very good, it blocks all IP's its told to and uses precious little resources, perhaps there is something more Tiny expects from an IP blocker? Its only shortfall is it doesn't have an update feature, it does now, and when certain issues are resolved i would expect it to be using the WmW list with the permission kindly extended by Ghostship, unless of course Tinys evidence shows PGlite does not block ips?

- I have found no installation issues with Panda, AVG, and yes, even Norton, i did not however personally test it with Kaspersky.

KM

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 10:30:27 am »
knobby sees no problem with vladd hijacking your banks website to redirect it to his own site that looks the same but logs your banking login details... i'm sure he has already given vladd all of the details to log in to his bank accounts, right?

and of course we won't refer knobby to his own posts about peer guardian being useless, otherwise knobby will have to start pointing out that the referenced posts are from an unreliable source (himself) which... well, that would just be mean making him do that

and it has many compatibility issues, for example install it on windows 98, or on a computer with peer guardian 2 set up using a block list of flooders, you have to downgrade to XP then remove your partial blocking (from PG2) in order to use it... very useful and helpful

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006, 10:35:20 am »
...new Pie auto updater does indeed modify the hosts file, as does the mxpie.info patch and of course the winmxgroup patch,...
(emphasis mine)

the catch here is that you can lock the hosts file with something like spybot s&d and yet the winmx group patch will still work... the 'patch operational' just doesnt show in the status bar at the top ;)

KM

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2006, 10:56:56 am »
not to mention the patch versions that don't go near the hosts file...

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2006, 12:43:42 pm »
At no point have i EVER said pglite was no good, only that PG2 was less than ideal, KM, quit putting words into my mouth, there is not one instance i have had a bad word to say about pglite, other than its lack of update feature, problem solved. As for hosts modification, although its true the Auto updater does have more opportunity to amend the hosts, all the other patches also get a shot too, at very least during install. There is no such thing as a totally safe winmx patch, all get a shot at host file mod one way or another, to say otherwise is siimply not true (although that said the auto updater gives the user the choice see below) Last time i tested the Winmxgroup patch it overwrote my hosts file, without warning, without choice of the user, the Pie auto updater does no such thing, the user can switch this feature off without  ANY modification taking place to the hosts file, no other patch offers the user the choice. The mxpieinfo patch ofc simply overrights the hosts too.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2006, 12:46:55 pm »
...new Pie auto updater does indeed modify the hosts file, as does the mxpie.info patch and of course the winmxgroup patch,...
(emphasis mine)

the catch here is that you can lock the hosts file with something like spybot s&d and yet the winmx group patch will still work... the 'patch operational' just doesnt show in the status bar at the top ;)

The new Pie auto updater does NOT immediatly and without the users agreement modify the hosts file, the user can after installation, simply switch off the host file mod if they so wish to, and manually mod their own, its the users choice, a choice no other patch offers, the same can be said for blocking, the default is set to block, the user can if they wish switch the feature off, we do not force blocking on users, again, the only patch that offers blocking, but not forceably.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2006, 01:14:03 pm »
nobby... my point was that the WMW patch doesnt need the hosts file -at all- to function...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  New Pie Patch is Dangerous

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx