gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 03:50:37 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Hello and a few questions...thanks!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hello and a few questions...thanks!  (Read 1080 times)

jakkari

Hello and a few questions...thanks!
« on: October 11, 2006, 05:24:26 am »
Goodaye from Ozstralia...

Thank you for the opportunity to become a Forum member within the WinMx family...a warm hello to you all...

I have been a member of winMx going back a few years ago and then one day it just wasn't there and yep I sure as heck found out why it had been dismantled, removed or whatever the terminology one wants to use!  However by chance I came across a WinMx link, don't ask me how or why I found it :shock: and to my amazement I could actually download the program BUT I thought there maybe  a catch, like an old link, but this was not the case...and as we say here in Oz, "I'm a really troooly happy widdle vegemite!!"

My only problem is I have a Router which I didn't have before rejoining and was able to download and upload as much as I wanted too but now I am limited due to my TCP & UDP troubles Arrrrrrrrrgh!!  Tho I tried to adjust this new router of mine, Windows assured me I performed and illigal act therefore I restored my puter back to it's original state but Windows quoted , no restoration performed so the Router settings must not have changed, well I don't think so?  I am now back to square one after the doenfall of Port forwarding scencario!!  I can use WinMx but only in moderate form, I won't have the opportunity as others, only minimal options for downloads... :cry:  Other than allowing Windows Firewall to accept WinMx, I don't know that there is much else I can do...any suggestions, in the form of ABC, I'm not an Einstien, hee, hee.  I am quite experienced don't get me wrong but when it becomes tooooooo technical this old gal becomes somewhat addled!!

I might just add that we have two puters, I have networked them both together, hence the Router, I'm thinking I may go back to using the two computers singularly using their own individual adsl modems and toss the Router; any feed back on that suggestion??

Whilst being a former member I noticed many times that my name jakkari showed in the searches but this time around it does not happen, just wondering why...some of the searches I have done, like trying to build up my music collection on one particular artist, I do not see my name and to add that I may only locate one or two files listed when in fact I know I might have 30 or more of the same artist, anyway I will leave that one with you.  Perhaps someone maybe able to offer some advice and if so that would be terrific and thanks again everyone...

Cya Jakkari...
Ozstralia...

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Hello and a few questions...thanks!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 08:52:51 am »
Hi jakkari,

Welcome to the site, glad you've gotten back to WinMX successfully .. so now lets see about getting you working properly.  First off would be very helpful if you could give us a bit of information about your set up.

What operating system are you using?
Do both machines run a version of WinMX?
What is the name and model of your router?
What is the name and model of your modem, just to be sure its not NAT capable (router like) also?
What version of WInMX are you using now?

3.53 had a bug that would let you find your self and this caused problems.  Often folks found them selves in their own queue's  :roll:  Obviously this is not the ideal place to finish your incompletes.. so when they released 3.54 beta 4 this bug was fixed and your not likely to find yourself in a search.

Lastly, what Patch are you using now?

Give us a shout and we should be able to recommend some fixes and things to check to get you up and running like old times..  :D

jakkari000

Re: Hello and a few questions...thanks!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 02:44:09 pm »
Hello "Me Here", I hope that is okay to address you as Me Here...and thanks so much for your reply...

I have a Web Excel 3812 Router. and we have a Dial up - D Link modem which is used to  either to share the printer or or or, well I dunno! It's the router that's the trouble, I think...

Patch ?? I just downloaded the version "Install-3.0-3.54b4" I'm sure it said it had the patch with the download, maybe I'm wrong...?

I'm running XP Pro 2002 & Office 2003...and both puters are networked though my husband is using XP home and Office 2003 and both puters are using the same Router. My computer is connected to WinMx but my hubbies is not.  Like I can us LimeWire fine, I have no problems with that though I do not use WinMx & LimeWire together because of confliction issues...

If there is any other info I have not answered please let me know, until today WinMx has actually been working, maybe my router changes did have some form of success??

Is it normal to us have to resign in with change of passwords etc and I'm now being asked to Enter a new Code again...is it all about security and another thing, I am unable to send messages...but maybe now that things seem a slightly better it may happen...sorry to be of nuiscance but it helps me better to understand the program I am now using...

Yours sincerely...
jakkari...
Ozland....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Hello and a few questions...thanks!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx