gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 09, 2024, 03:12:22 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  wont load channels or stay connected
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: wont load channels or stay connected  (Read 1668 times)

Stretch

wont load channels or stay connected
« on: October 17, 2006, 07:51:21 pm »
I am runnig 3.54beta 4 its been running fine till 3 weeks ago. Ive been using winmx for a long time.but now I cant get it to stay connected or load more than 20 channels or so when i refresh channels i tries to reconnect but doesnt. I think Im running the latest patch could someone help Please? Thank You.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Re: wont load channels or stay connected
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 12:37:58 am »
Hi Strech,
the latest patch incorporates a fast channel loading as well as blocking more fake files fetures and is available
here => https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.1-MultiVer.exe
connection then depends on your fatewall, is winmx allowed full access? have you got a router ? if you have, there is a auto port forward feture in the latest patch, but its worth double checking its correctly set by looking
here => http://www.portforward.com/default.htm
i hope this helps, otherwise we will need more information on ur pc setup, router fitted etc.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

stretch

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 08:06:43 pm »
thanks for the help I have loaded the latest of everything and cannot load channels list or do any kind of a main search if i refresh 5 or 6 times quickly it resets the connection im bummed i dont know why this just started doin this ive turned off my windows firewall i have no router could it be because im running my isp from a sat. dish

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 11:38:09 pm »
firstly, you should not ne represhing your connection several times fast, this will cause you to loose stability,
second, i dont know anyone else on a satelite dish to see if that is a problem or not.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

stretch

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 12:02:14 am »
thank you for the help, Max. i just dont get it its been workin fine for a long time since the new patches were installed its helped me stay connected but wont load channels or give any search results. i hope im not being a pain. I like winmx and wanna keep using it

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 12:42:17 am »
if you previously forwarded ports, it's not uncommon for this to happen if your internal ip changes, as ports continue to be forwarded to the old ip.. which is why portforward suggest setting a static one.. a step many omit doing

alternately, if you didn't previously forward ports, & had winmx set as unable on them, your settings may have changed & winmx is trying to use unavailable ports..

my recommendation is therefore to recheck your port forwarding setup.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

stretch

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 01:12:00 am »
how do i check my port fowarding?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 02:20:28 am »
go to www.portforward.com look up your modem/router  look for winmx on the list of programs & follow the instructions
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

stretch

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 08:46:53 pm »
is this for primary only because ive been running secondary always

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 09:05:13 pm »
the symptoms you are describing are those of a primary user that has a misconfiguration with the ports in a router or firewall, not to say that IS whats going on here.  Make sure your on the lates patch from https://www.winmxgroup.com/downloads.html  and other then that your primary is the one that is responsible for maintaining a good channel lists and search results.  Cant say there is alot more that can be done if things are working ok some of the time.

When you have times where you are not getting a good channel list this could be a problem with the primary, refresh your connection and see if this helps. Same goes for searches

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  wont load channels or stay connected

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx