gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:54:49 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  no room list on prime
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: no room list on prime  (Read 2924 times)

freddy

no room list on prime
« on: October 22, 2006, 11:52:28 am »
hi guys
          i cant seem to get a room list up on prime ( have a router  and the ports for mx  are set correct)
im using the lastest mx  from mx world..3.0
is their anything i can do to get a full room list up
also when im connected to mx i cant seem to get up above p4  i have tried refreshing etc etc

thnx

KM

Re: no room list on prime
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 12:02:43 pm »
that sounds like the port forwarding wasn't done properly, as no channel list or search results would be an issue with inbound UDP being blocked, and i would guess uploads don't work? (which would mean inbound TCP not working)

the most common problems are:
for UDP where TCP is working (ie. if uploads work, just not search or the channel list) often people get everything right, except they forget to select UDP for the UDP port (most routers default to forwarding TCP)
if neither works then the common problems are either forwarding to the wrong place (mainly forwarding to the router instead of a computer), or often people who got a separate router for it, but their modem already has NAT in, so effectively you have 2... so it needs forwarding in both (or one needs to be disabled and set to just pass traffic through unmodified, and the other configured)

so of course identifying the problem, do uploads work?

freddy

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 12:26:55 pm »
yes m8  ups and d/ls work     also i get a perfect list on 2ndry

KM

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 01:04:19 pm »
that would mean TCP workign but not UDP... did you check that the port forwarding for the UDP port is correct? (and set to UDP not TCP)

freddy

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 02:10:41 pm »
the ports on my router have been set to the ports as im using on mx ( i just uninstalled re-insatlled  as per the instructions on the port forw  web site )    still the same m8

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 06:01:58 pm »
I suggest changing the ports to something a bit off the wall, maybe like TCP 1720 and UDP 3338 for example be sure to change in MX and the router, also be sure your Firewalls are allowing, this could be an XP firewall.. they like to turn them selves on and they like ports set like a router does.

Im curious do you get 0 channels on primary or 100+ but not full list ?

freddy

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 06:57:18 pm »
0 / 0    and my firewall has full access ta mx     will try the ports soon as i have some ppes uploading from me

freddy

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 06:58:52 pm »
and the xp firewall is off

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 10:57:05 pm »
No room list is always the same thing, UDP port blocked, please re-recheck your router settings say 6257 UDP and 6699 TCP allowed through and make sure if you have something like Nortons or trend micro ( pccilin ) that their internet worm protection is off as they have been known to cause trouble too.

Also another simple thing that I always ask folks to check is that the IP thats set up in the router is the same as the internal IP on your machine, read here for more info

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html

Hope that helps  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  no room list on prime

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx