gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 08, 2024, 08:05:09 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  Eagles WinMX Programs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Eagles WinMX Programs  (Read 10298 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Eagles WinMX Programs
« on: November 09, 2006, 11:55:59 pm »
Hi folks I just located this site section by Eagle an Italian Programmer.

http://www.hackroom.org/winmx

On offer there is a chat server [ES] and a "user finder" tool that searches through rooms to locate user,' and more items that I am not fully sure of their purpose,  :lol:

Take a peek folks and if you have time see what does what.

bughunter

Re: Eagles WinMX Programs
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 08:54:13 am »
pitty none of the downloads work lol.......................

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 09:01:33 am »
I suggest you try again old friend.

Click on the download button and a small sub window will come up , sometimes this will be blocked by explorer, inside that box is the download link that you can right click on and "save as " as normal.

I have already gathered the whole lot anyway  :)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 11:22:25 am »
That's eagle server right? What do you have to do after you open it? A command prompt window opens after you start it with something written on it... Could make out wha to do...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 02:21:19 pm »
how long for hosts to start asking about getting their rooms all connected together to automatically ban anyone using the "auto join every room on MX" program from every room?

EaglE123

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 06:36:53 pm »
hi :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 01:30:12 am »
Hi Eagle welcome to the site  :D

I have made you a folder in the archive with some (but not all) of your programs I could find

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/Eagle/

A Small question, is it possble to obtain some of your programs in english, or allow folks to translate them with a resource hacker ?

Cheers for taking the time to make them, it was quite a suprise to me considering I notice you have been doing MX programs since 2004  :shock:

Please join the site so we can use PM's if you want anything done with your folder such as deletions or additions, Cheers  8)

Offline EaglE123

• Core
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 01:40:11 pm »
i pubblished 1% of my winmx tools lol
in the folder there is some programs not written by me..
i just registered here.. i think is better add and remove some programs ...
say what i have to do plz :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 09:35:06 pm »
A newer version of the Eagle chat server is available folks from the same link as above  :)

http://www.hackroom.org/winmx

Version 0.21 was released recently with little fanfare, cheers Eagle  8)

Offline dan2006

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 01:03:15 am »
Hi

Downloaded the ES server, the latest version i presume. I have set the config , channelname ect and i cant get into the room, i have tried loopback and no luck, anyone else having this problem ? It all seems to look fine in the dos window (below)

gratefull for any help

thanx :)

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 01:10:57 am »
Hey Dan,

Ive actually used this server and it worked well..

as u allready host a chatroom i guess ud knw what u was doing with regards to opening ports and firewalls ect..

are you using the correct loopback address?

Extreme Chat_0100007F413B
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorow!
www.lovehosts.com

Offline dan2006

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 01:06:14 am »
Tried loopback in ip:port way and hash way nothin , the room even lists in secondary on mx with the right ip so my router is correctly setup, i noticed theres a http port on it. This wont be causing the error surely ?

i have tried all the other rooms hosted on es , all italian and they work fine

Thanx for any help in advance 8)

Offline dan2006

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 10:07:45 am »
Got it working , it must check your ip before it opens the room. If i block it checking on checkip.dyndns.org then i can get in, shame really coz i liked the way you could have your own symbols!

~ Co-Host
@ Admin
& Halfop
+ Voice

This couldnt be done according to FXS forum  :roll:

Anyways [ES] isnt worth hosting on , it says it supports colour but when i put a bot in it says invalid arguement on every bit of text that goes into the room.

[ES] = Recycle Bin =  :lol:

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 01:39:54 pm »
Seems you just have a bad time with ES, it worked fine for me.. as for the symbol things.. the first i heard about this was in your chatroom, lol... sorry i would have replied to your last response but i busy alot lately.  and i talked to you in your room too.. :)
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorow!
www.lovehosts.com

Offline dan2006

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 07:41:15 am »
it all works , its just i have to block it from connecting to that checkip.dyndns.org then it will let peeps in , if i allow it to connect i cant connect to the channel via localhost or via normal listing , neither can anyone else lol, somethings not right and i know it aint my pc otherwise id have problems uploading, hosting on fx,wcs ect....anyways i have been looking @ it more and i like it (ignore last post lol), the bot problem was the loopback chan name :? wich was weird but yeah..... looking forward to future builds of this server 8)

app

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 01:53:16 am »
Here is another program from eagle:

ProtoRelay (aka ircmx)

This is the relay bot used in TSC to connect it with an IRC channel. All regular communication done in either the IRC channel or the MX one will appear in the other.

This looks much better on the MX side in an Ouka hosted chatroom than it does on IRC.

It has a few bugs, and a few limitations, but all in all it's a pretty cool little toy.  :D

There is a readme included and a sample config file.

You can either run the exe and type in the config file's name, or you can pass it the config file's path & file name as a commandline parameter.

You name the .txt file whatever you want...easy way to tell which is which is by naming it after the room it will be used in.

You can run multiple instances of it and pass it a different txt file config in each instance. You do not need to have multiple copies or folders.

passing the txt file to it as a command line parameter is pretty handy for setting up a desktop shortcut that will run it and load the file you want all in one shot.

Just put as the shortcut target:
the path & file name of the bot in quotes, followed by a space, followed by the path and file name of the txt file you want to use in quotes

Any bug reports should be made to eagle himself, not me or anybody in TSC.

Now...why would someone want to use this in their channel? I can think of a few reasons...but here is one really good reason:

People that can't access winmx from school or work with any type of mx chat client or by using nushi's site can access IRC through http://ircatwork.com  (no activex or java needed...no worries of being blocked by school or corporate firewalls)

Just set up a channel on some irc network that won't kill your relay bot (there are some that don't like it)...and they can join that channel on irc through the ircatwork webchat.

Now they can talk on mx.  :wink:

Enjoy!

Download ProtoRelay Here

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 07:13:06 am »
Cheers April for spreading the good word  :)

Eagles projects are rather diverse but functional, lets hope we see more or them, thanx Eagle   8)

KM

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 08:28:28 am »
a shame the protocols are fundamentally incompatible so a proper connection between the protocols is not possible, because there are already many programs for IRC which would be of a benefit to winmx rooms, but due to the protocol differences those can't be used on winmx and most won't work with that form of relaying used by that program

bughunter

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 07:12:53 pm »
mores the point dont think school children should be wasting there time on a worthless chat programme,when there are far more important things for them to be doing..............like getting a education.....................thou i guess the retards will find it amusing since they got no hope of passing school but can clock watch on p2p network were they will do nothing and learn nothing.......................great example

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 04:20:13 am »
Updated link for Eagle's mx apps http://www.hackroom.org/winmx ,the old was outdated & redirects to the link I posted.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  Eagles WinMX Programs

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx