gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:50:53 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  OpenNap Help  |  OpenNap Servers  |  NapMX - v3.00 Beta 3: error message
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NapMX - v3.00 Beta 3: error message  (Read 12596 times)

saturnine315

NapMX - v3.00 Beta 3: error message
« on: June 08, 2005, 12:43:42 pm »
hi..i use winmx v3.31 with quickmx1.2.3 on windows xpsp2 platform with the windows xp firewall......in order to augment my searches i wanted to connect to the opennap servers. so i downloaded napmx v3.00b3 from their homepage and installed it. there were no problems during installation however when i tried to run the program (napmx, winmx was already running) i received the following error message: "Component 'MSWINSCK.OCK' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

the installer file seems to be fine (i have tried this several times)
please help....thanks

p.s: also is there a new version of quickmx that runs with winmx version 3.53 or higher?
are their anyother tools to help in finding more sources, faster downloads etc.?
and any recommended opennap servers for software/games & movies

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 02:36:46 pm »
You're just missing a file you need to run the program.

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=MSWINSCK.OCX

Go here and get the file, then either put it in your C:\Windows\system32 folder, or the folder where napmx is installed.

If you need other ocx files, just google the filename, and you'll see  :)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 04:40:13 am »
You're just missing a file you need to run the program.

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=MSWINSCK.OCX

I also downloaded NapMX 3 b3 to try it out,it also said "Component 'MSWINSCK.OCK' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

So i download the file from that site an installed it .NapMX is working now that i have the missing 'MSWINSCK.OCK' file ,but it also  installed a new desktop icon called  "TEST YOUR COMPUTER SPEED". :shock: :? :evil:

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 05:05:58 am »
but it also installed a new desktop icon called "TEST YOUR COMPUTER SPEED.  

It was only a short cut to the speed  test site with also a annoying pop-up add trying to sell their software :roll: ,it still made me :evil:.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 12:09:10 pm »
Hmm , thats not very nice of them P2P, I gather lots of programs like that that I never use.

As regards quickmx or equivalent programs, its our policy to discourage the use of such programs as some of them are not kind to the network, we have older versions in the archive but newer versions or variations have been withheld to uphold our policy.

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 03:51:18 am »
i downloaded this http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe,instead of  MSWINSCK.OCX file that i needed to use NapMX v3.

I installed the first one cause i didn't want to manually register it,i should've used the alternative option instead.The file size for libraryfiles.exe 5.66 MB ,the MSWINSCK.OCX file was only 106 KB.

juno

Re: NapMX - v3.00 Beta 3: error message
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 12:55:20 pm »
it didnt work for me cause when i click on download all these word pop out

E6Soldier

quicksnooker
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 11:03:28 am »
i downloaded quick snooker but when i tried getting it this is the message that i got
'Component MSWINSCK.OCK' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" so can any1 hlp me. I TRIED THE STUFF U GUYS SENT BUT THEY DIDNT HELP
 :thumbs: :smooth:

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Re: NapMX - v3.00 Beta 3: error message
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 08:49:41 pm »
Follow the alternative instructions to manually register it here.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  OpenNap Help  |  OpenNap Servers  |  NapMX - v3.00 Beta 3: error message

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx