gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 10:48:02 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  4 KM
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 4 KM  (Read 2474 times)

P2PNewWayOfLife

4 KM
« on: December 30, 2006, 04:05:39 am »
Hey Km just wanted to say Thanks for al the work you have done to keep WinMx Alive. I have a few ? s for you and hope you had a great x mas

1 I take it winmx is open  to anyone giving her a new face lift? im ready for a little chage was hopein Frontcode would of got around to it before they droped use.

2 with the Bt siites and other networks out there is there anyway to tie winmx into them say like Shareaza i use alot  coz it will download BT files  and i can download off all the other networks on the same file. Would be great if i could do all this with winmx and not have to use another P2P

3 I take it your the Km over the WCS chat sever  that i love as well . Been using your chat severs for years . if you are is there anyway to put a seach engine built into WCS where someone could typ a file name and it seach everyones files in the channel. so a user wouldnt have to browse ever user?
I also miss the built in Bot :( i hate using 3 or 4 programs to chat and host on winmx and if i could do them all with just WCS that would be great. and no im not crazy i know it takes alot of time to code and program shit but just wanted to see what you thought about some of this coz if anyone can do it it would be you thanks again for all your hard work

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: 4 KM
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 04:08:52 am »
Hi P2PNewWayOfLife :)
Welcome to the site.

For searching for files you can use shareguard. A bot that does the job :P
https://www.winmxworld.com/goodies/fixed_goodies.html

No one has the source code. So tying up networks is next to impossible.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

P2PNewWayOfLife

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 04:11:40 am »
Thanks SamSeeSam   
shareguard will that just work for me or everyone in my room  and thanks for the fast reply

P2PNewWayOfLife

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 04:27:59 am »
I downloaded the Shareguard 2.1.0    but it wont let me download the Source Code iv tred other links as well think the page it is on is down  know of anyother places i could get it thanks

P2PNewWayOfLife

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 04:43:45 am »
Shareguard 2.1.0 will work if i hot a room on winmx but wont if im useing wcs keeps sayin room name invaled

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 05:08:07 am »
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/shareguard.html

You will find that link useful

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 06:07:16 am »
nothing can be changed in the current winmx client, and there are various reasons for not making some new client for the winmx network

and bots should not be inside a server for several reasons, the most obvious one is that it should allow better control of the room, if you wanted a bot by me and a chat server by me you can, but if you wanted a different bot then you should be free to use whatever is best, and not have extra hassle purely because you don't want to use only a single persons software

...of course when bender made his clients unable to join channels using designated server ports purely to try and block it from being used with a default WCS configuration he basically stated that he thinks people should not be free to make those choices and should be forced, but that is not most peoples opinion on the subject thankfully

P2PNewWayOfLife

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 01:13:18 pm »
well thanks  for gettin back with me. and that SUCKs a big one that they set Shareguard to not be able to enter your severs. Im a big fan of your chat severs  iv tryed all the rest and i think yours is the best:) you said i could use one of your bots what bots do you have out? and BTW iv downloaded your last beta and the config is blank do i just copy my old one from the other wcs  to it and one last thing i take it you wouldnt have a program to seach everones list in a room . reson im asking is i have 10000s of cds iv been puting togther  for my room when i reopen at the first of the year My thing is Bringin Music Back To WINMX  and with as many files as i have that would help me from having to tell people myself Winmx is my home been using her since she started and hate that its so hard to get music on here now days its more tv show  and movies but still my Q fills up fast for music files but anywho im just going on about nothing so ill stop here  thanks again for getting back with me so soon

KM

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 06:48:14 pm »
i left the bots to bender while i did the other stuff

basically he concentrated on clients, i concentrated on servers, making everyone happy... although he had a try at a server he sort of failed there, and i did a client called rabbit with a built in bot which was kind of rubbish (i was concentrating on other stuff)

i did make the popular mxbot ages ago but that was discontinued and is outdated etc, although some people still use it it's not something i'd suggest

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 10:19:14 pm »
looking for a Source to ShareGuard?? Here it is.

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/MxControl/Shareguard/

Updated by Stevi 05/27/2011: Updated link.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 10:37:04 pm »
there is 1 thing you can do  use a different port on wcs, i did ask KM about using different ports it is possible to use a higher number port then your shareguard will be able to enter room, i hope this helps.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  4 KM

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx