gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 03:38:58 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Code looking Browse and Search
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Code looking Browse and Search  (Read 13897 times)

roopesh

Code looking Browse and Search
« on: November 20, 2006, 06:44:03 pm »
why is that when we look in for searches or browse some one`s library the content is not in english?

roopesh

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 06:46:27 pm »
n why is the file seen as some code like example %%%Y$%@@_)($%%^^.avi or .mp3? how can we read the file name

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 07:01:08 pm »
That is because the text is not in english. It will most probably be in japanese.
If you want to view them properly, the go to this link
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_japanese_language.html

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Code looking Browse and Search
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 07:40:06 pm »
I've split these three posts because they dont really apply to WinMX friendly ports and started a new topic..

roopesh

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 02:05:52 pm »
 thank you :)
That is because the text is not in english. It will most probably be in japanese.
If you want to view them properly, the go to this link
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_japanese_language.html

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 02:08:38 pm »
Always welcome :)
Enjoy :D

Patch link :

Offline itsbry

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 04:04:58 pm »
Before I go and follow the tutorials... will that change the way the rest of WinMX looks? or for that matter Windows?
Primary User
Win XP Pro SP2
Comcast Cable Modem
WinMX v3.54 beta
MX Monitor

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 04:06:22 pm »
Nope nothing in terms of looks will change

Patch link :

Offline itsbry

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 04:41:54 pm »
Mmm, sorry, I meant the language onscreen. Would I have to switch back and forth? I don't read or type Japanese, so I would want English to be displayed. Thanks!
Primary User
Win XP Pro SP2
Comcast Cable Modem
WinMX v3.54 beta
MX Monitor

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 05:14:05 pm »
Select a language that displays in english.
When you select the font, you'll se a small drop down box.
Select a font that will has japanese in one of the supported languages.
Rest everything will display in normal english.
Ms pincho is a good font for seeing japanese characters

Patch link :

Offline music_man69

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 09:51:50 pm »
how does this program work

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 11:15:27 pm »

Offline bluepup

• Forum Member
  • bluepup
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 04:39:40 pm »
Several questions, here about  primary & secondary connection venues, as well as downloading & uploading files and a comment about suggested settings.  1) Which connection type (i.e., primary or secondary) enhances and which decreases probabilities of successful file exchanges?  2) Generally, do users with primary connections look down their noses at users with secondary connections? 3) When users have fast internet connections, what is the purpose of limiting numbers of downloads and uploads? (I notice some T3 users report 3000+ files, yet, limit downloading to 1 user at a time and/or queueing attempts move individual users to 'ignored' lists, which appear to be permanent.)  4) Comment: ALL would benefit from specific instructions suggesing appropriate settings for their systems, in that many users appear willing, but are unable to configure to allow file sharing.  bluepup

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 09:42:44 pm »
WOW..lol ok Bluepup lets see if we can answer some of these for you..

1) Which connection type (i.e., primary or secondary) enhances and which decreases probabilities of successful file exchanges?

Basically this depends really on the user and the machine they are using as well.  There is no clear cut answer to this, I will say this.  A well configured secondary connection can work just as well and in some cases better then a primary one.  On primary your supporting network traffic as you know (i see from next question) this can cause alot of resources to be used and for some machines this can cause primary to work very poorly.  Using a secondary connection that has ports, firewalls, routers, modems etc.. all configured with ports to allow WinMX to work can be much better for those users (like myself included) that find primary lags or uses too many resources.

Bottom line.. get things configured correctly and try both to see whats best for you.

2) Generally, do users with primary connections look down their noses at users with secondary connections?

No generally Primary users are glad to see secondary users because the idea of them using primary is to help the network and support other users on secondary enjoying WinMX also.

3) When users have fast Internet connections, what is the purpose of limiting numbers of downloads and uploads?

WinMX can be a hungry beast especially on primary, if there are no limits set it can use all your available bandwidth.  The long and short of this is that with limits set on Outgoing bandwidth this leaves a better balance for bandwidth shared not only between downloads and uploads but between WinMX and other things you may require bandwidth for your doing on your PC.  Having Upload Slots set to one on highspeed is a bit excessive if you dont have any monthly limits on bandwidth from your Internet Provider 6 is the normal upload slot default set by WinMX, I personally run 3 slots and the reason is that those three users get more bandwidth and finish files faster then if i shared my bandwidth between 6 users.  Therefore the files finish faster and the next three in line get to finish files ..etc...

Most home users do NOT have a T3 line and if you read those things its usually not true.. some ppl mistakenly think that setting that in Settings > Internet Connection will increase some speeds, that setting has no effect on speeds.

As for the Queueing that is often a side effect of programs such and MxMoni which can ignore users by the number of files they que up, most ppl using that will allow three files at one time, Im not a big fan of this feature of that program but its not a WinMX feature so its not going to be happening with all users.

4) Comment: ALL would benefit from specific instructions suggesting appropriate settings for their systems, in that many users appear willing, but are unable to configure to allow file sharing.

You may not have noticed we do have a extensive tutorial section with help on most specific issues,  the fact that there are so many set ups out there, high speeds, dial up, routers, modems, etc its best to learn about the settings.  WinMX is very versatile program, one of the things I love about it and there fore your set up is geared towards what works best for you.

Hope this help you some and here are a few relative links to the above ..

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/helping_winmx.html
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_basics.html
https://www.winmxworld.com/scripts/bandwidth/

These are just a few located here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_index.html

Hope this helps you and if I've created more questions then just post back.. LOL

Offline bluepup

• Forum Member
  • bluepup
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 04:42:06 pm »
As an impatient home user, I have access to breakneck internet speed via my cable company and doubt that I have the market cornered for impatient home users.  I'm aware of tutorials, no stranger to WinMX.  In past, I have used direct connection, but due to security I need for this machine at present, I use a secondary connection and consider secondary connection settings as adequate.  The WinMX site doesn't seem to be as user friendly as I have found it in past.  Peers seem less curtious and less helpful in general; I can't find some options (e.g., "start download") in v3.54 beta 4 menues, default settings seem more awkward, and some tutorials are difficult to locate and s/w unclear.  Users do not seem to know how to alter default settings to advantage, per situation and circumstance.  Perhaps peers using different versions is a culprit? 

Regardless of frustration, WinMX seems to be the best file sharing option (paid & free) on the Internet.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Code looking Browse and Search

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx