gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 10:45:16 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  File Sharing Etiquette?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: File Sharing Etiquette?  (Read 52837 times)

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
Re: File Sharing Etiquette?
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2007, 04:17:24 am »
no you didnt miss anything with the instructions .........
winmx betta the one with the library assumes your an existing winmx user, hence why there is no specific instructions regarding the library and its use...........
its not possible to alter winmx to put instructions in there as 1 thats reverse engineering and illegal and 2 no one has the source code for winmx to add the instructions in legally.............
thou sharing on a p2p is expected its not a requirement, as there are people who will let those with no files upload from them and also there are people who use the zero of zero hack which is were they appear to have files but no matter how long you remain in there que you will never get a file from them..........
leech hammer has a specfic setting for detecting this hack and bans people using it from downloading from you, mxmoni has a similar setting.............
but no matter what you do there will always be people who will refuse to let you download from them, and there is nothing that can be done about this................
the main requirement is hopefully that everybody will share even a few files after all this is what being on a p2p network is all about sharing..............

Offline Gary1944

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2007, 03:55:07 pm »
Hello! My user name is Keicha and I use MX when I'm not at my computer, it is set to ignore anyone that only shares 0 mp3's the whole purpose of me sharing over 4,000 is to help make winmx strong again, I don't think that will happen though because alot of users keep all their D/L in a private file and don't share what they get from me.

There are alot of users out there that send me a THANK YOU and invite me to D/L from them, but I mainly share because I like too, but I have been thinking about leaving winmx for good, because I have had alot of users IGNORE ME when I do try to D/L from them even though I'm sharing over 4,000 which is not very often, I wish that there was a place that we could post users names that only want to D/L and not share, I also empty my ignored list once a week to see if the users that don't share get the message that they have to share or be ignored, I will allow 1 D/L and if they can't share that one they go back into my ignore for another week, Thank You to all of they great users out there that still share. Keicha

Le WOMBAT

« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2007, 05:06:55 pm »
Hi Keisha,

No Matter What Community You Are In There Are GOOD And BAD
Because Of The Nature Of P2P Even Though These PPL Don't share
They Still Have The Right to be Here ( Cause Its An Open Community
And Anyone Can Come In ). But I'm Sure You'll Find There Are Ten
Nice PPL to The ONE Nasty One. Also I Believe There Is GOOD In
Everone, Just Some PPL You Have To Look A Little Bit Harder.
So Don't Despair. I've Had PPL do the Same To Me And At A Later
Date Let Me Download. I Have Found  Sometimes To Reduce The
Number Of Shared files To Around 500 Sometimes Helps ( Some PPL
Can't Be Bothered To Browse 4000 Files Incase Theres Any There
That They Want. Also I Find That PPL May Ignore You If You Have
Too Many Queued In Your Upload Que ( e.g. 99 in Que )

Hope This Helps Yu A Little

Le WOMBAT

Offline sst75tss

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2007, 07:44:15 am »
SDL365, what song is it you have been trying to get from that one that is ignoring you?

I have a substantial recording collection, I'm sure it is out there

-*somewhere*-

Title, band, date, whatever you know about it.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2007, 03:23:51 pm »
You can check out a few music chatrooms on mx and see if they have it

Or you can use opennap to see if it's there
A basic guide to opennap : https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/opennap.html

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Melody

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2007, 02:33:42 pm »
I seem to be attracting users who want to download from me, that have 100's of files (none of which I want), but are sharing O of their files to other people.  :( (I have @ least 10 waiting in que. I keep cancelling their uploads, but they get back on que. Is there a way I can kick them off for longer until they learn to share?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2007, 02:56:02 pm »
Yes Melody there are a few things you can do..

One is to right click thier names and from a Whois window choose ignore.. this will keep them from requing..
The other if you dont want to do this manually is to use a upload program like MxMonitor or Leechammer.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/mxmoni.html

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/leechammer.html

The top one is for MxMonitor and it seems to be the better choice if you use Chat on WinMX as well.  Leechammer has an annoying want to steal the focus or 'window you had open' to do its checks.. so give those a try and see what you like best.

Offline mman19

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2007, 12:39:52 am »
I just had someone download from me and wasn't sharing any files. I have leechhammer and the latest patch. How is this?  Can you tell me why this happened?

Offline Melody

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2007, 02:14:22 am »
Thanks Me Here. I've decided to put their ignorance down to lack of understanding of what sharing means, so I'll post them a message first & suggest they visit this site for all the helpful information & Tutorials, but I'll also give MxMonitor a try. (There just seems to be sooooo many not sharing.)  :( Thanks again.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2007, 03:20:41 am »
mman,

I would suggest restarting Leechammer, they are quite older programs and no longer being developed and it sounds like it just didnt get started correctly or something.

Great Melody

thats exactly what we like to hear.. if you need any thing else just ask away...

Offline SDL365

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2007, 08:18:44 am »
Thanks Me Here. I've decided to put their ignorance down to lack of understanding of what sharing means, so I'll post them a message first & suggest they visit this site for all the helpful information & Tutorials, but I'll also give MxMonitor a try. (There just seems to be sooooo many not sharing.)  :( Thanks again.

Like I have posted before, MY problem is with people who have files but they refuse to share with me. I have a subtantial number of files but yet I still keep getting refused. I'm compiling a list of people who pull that so when I see them pop up, I'll know not to waste my time trying.

Offline Franchy24

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2007, 08:23:59 pm »
How can i Download a patch for the winmx? I try everything but no results.

thanks

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2007, 10:46:33 pm »
this is the link for all the new patches franchy

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/connection.html

left click on the above link and it will take you to the d/load page

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2007, 05:19:59 pm »
I am having a problem with someone whom I believe is being deliberately obnoxious. This person downloads the same files from me every day. I have put this person on the Ignore list, but he just changes his name and keeps doing it (I believe this because the new names are very similar to the old one, and it always for exactly the same files). I have now unshared the particular files, but this is just a temporary solution as I want to keep sharing them. Any suggestions?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2007, 07:11:58 pm »
Trestor I'd be very curious as to what the file is exactly.. if you dont mind could you PM me on the site here ?

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2007, 07:13:02 pm »
you could use sygate firewall or simular and add there ip to it if they have a fixed ip this will stop them connecting if not just keep adding there diffrent ips in the end it will be almost impossible for them to connect this will give you more sucess that ignoring just there names as they have a far greater multitude of optins that way
you could also msg them asking why they are d/loading the same files over and over

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2007, 08:54:27 am »
I have PM'ed you, Me Here. I am charting the uploads while I consider what to do.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2007, 11:21:59 am »
Kewl Trestor,

I have a few copies of said files.. and waiting to see if I can pick up any similar traffic on them.. maybe this person is using a program like quickmx or something.

Offline SDL365

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2007, 06:52:00 am »
Would it be proper to start a thread listing non-sharer screennames? I'm fed up with people who appear to have files available and yet refuse me and when i ask why, I learn they have ignored me. I figure that by posting their SNs people will steer clear of them and not waste time trying to downlaod from them.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2007, 08:02:58 am »
probably a waste of time SDL365 i see where your comming from but it wouldnt solve anything as all they would do is change names & more than likely to another persons name just to cause more problems hence we would end up with thousands of names and still no better off
just put these ppl on ignore yourself if they crop up( leaving them in your queue after.... so they wait for hours just to be dissconnected) hence playing them at there own game then perhaps they might develop a diffrent attitude to file shareing in future (i doubt that though)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  File Sharing Etiquette?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx