gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 06:56:21 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  problem with key exchange
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: problem with key exchange  (Read 2770 times)

newb

problem with key exchange
« on: November 30, 2006, 10:38:20 pm »
hi, i'm trying to make a server but the client disconnects as soon as it receives me keyblock.  i send the 1, verify the client's keyblock is type 0x57, and then make and send my own keyblock of type 0x58, and then the client disconnects.

i'm not using c so i had to rewrite the encryption functions.  but, i keep looking at it and i'm sure my functions are doing the same thing.  and i can double-check by calculating the key type for my own keyblock i made, and it comes out 0x58 like it's supposed to.

other than a problem with my keyblock functions, is there anything i could be missing?

thank you for your help.

KM

Re: problem with key exchange
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 09:40:47 am »
well, clearly you are doing something wrong in sending it out - as for what, only you'd be able to tell that...

of course the simplest things to check is that you're sending out the right amount of data, then check it's an actual valid key block

newb

Re: problem with key exchange
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 07:30:45 pm »
thanks for your time.  i figured out the problem, and am generating valid keyblocks now = )

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  problem with key exchange

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx