gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 06:41:11 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Site News..
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Site News..  (Read 4847 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Site News..
« on: December 02, 2006, 04:02:07 am »
Just thought I would fill yall in a bit.. on some of the goings ons here on site.

Im sure you have all noticed the news about Bender's decision to take MXControl off line.  I just want to say at this time, I respect that decision fully, what I think no one wants is to loose all that hard work that many folks have put into making scripts and sharing those with others to use, since the programs that Bender has made are fairly safe, the scripts are the main concern at this time.  So we have added a section of the site dedicated to just that.  At some point I hope we can come up with a more organized way for folks to find finished scripts. 
For now Omega has agreed to become a new Site Moderator and help us especially with that section.  Huge thanks to Omega for this, its very appreciated by not just us but the whole WinMX community!

I would also like to take this chance to let you all know that along with KM staying (we cant tell yall how glad we are about this) all of us would like to announce that we have added Nylly and Bearded to the Supervisors position, and will be including them in any site business.  We also cant tell you how glad we are they have 'agreed' (we didn't really let them have a choice) to do this with us and look forward to the future of this great community based site.

KM

Re: Site News..
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 04:33:41 am »
just to mention, they were actually added as supervisors a couple of days ago (one of the conditions of my staying here) but we were wondering how long it would take for one of the to notice, and even had a little bet going for which one would notice first

and the winner was... nobody, neither of them noticed being full supervisors, lol - in the end with the mxcontrol thing we had to sort of tell them in order to get them involved in the conversations about what to do with it all, i was so wondering how long it would have taken them to have noticed by themselves...

btw, for the record, NO this does not give them access to the cupboard with "KMs Chocolate, KEEP OUT" written on it... that is not "Supervisors Access Only", it is actually "KM Access Only" - and i better not find either of them in it! same goes for the one with "Vodka" written on it and the 5 padlocks and 2 digital locks (it's hard to get open for a refill...)

but yeh, anyway... welcome to the supervisors lounge, it's so much better than the assistants lounge - we even have a TV in here! (although we are still waiting for ghostship to do his "TV Repair" thing and plug it in so it works...) and we also have free refills for your drinks of water (we are working on getting free coffee refills, but with the amount me here drinks i doubt it will get approved in the budget)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 09:46:33 am »
KM  i did here you was bribed with a huge chocolate cake along with several hundred gallons of vodka, does this mean you are now happy?

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 10:20:29 am »
* Bearded Blunder did actually notice the change.. just didn't comment....

i figured (correctly) i'd be informed about the whys & wherefores in due course
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 11:27:24 am »
What, no free coffee???!!??    :shock:

* nylly444 gets her own coffeemaker, puts it in a secured cabinet in the lounge, writes "NYLLY ACCESS ONLY" in big letters on it and starts making coffee....

I won't share it with you guys !   Ha!    :mrgreen:
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

KM

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 11:29:21 am »
* Bearded Blunder did actually notice the change.. just didn't comment....

i figured (correctly) i'd be informed about the whys & wherefores in due course
...yeh right, that's why you didn't seem to have a clue when i thought she had told you and nearly mentioned it to you ;-)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 11:40:46 am »
My thanks go out to all the good folks who have put so much into the our community here.

With Nylly and Merlin now in positions that equal our own we are confident that others will make the same efforts in doing what they can for the community in the knowledge that hard work and commitment (and there has been plenty of it by both of them) will always be a free pass here to our most highest position, something that I believe  gives them both our support and the communities support when necessary, my respects to you both for joining us.

Hmm now where was I ...

Omega, whilst our paths have not always been in complete harmony I think we are all very happy to see the commitment you have taken in offering to run the Metis site section, your offer of help was accepted  because of your "get on with everyone " attitude and your consistent help in the room and on site, I personally feel you are going to shine on this one, my thanks for this extra effort you have made are echoed by our users, welcome aboard the moderating team 8)

Offline sharing sarah

• Forum Member
  • A Music & Movie Spectrum_F135E44219F6
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 02:19:07 pm »
I for one appreciate all of ya'lls time and effort :)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 03:24:51 pm »
i agree, there's alot of time and effort in this forum to bring us all the help we need, i try to help where i can, but im just another person on WinMX,

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 04:56:14 pm »
change of status is of ZERO importance to me KM.. when you asked "has she told you?" i thought you were referring to something i'd perceive as making any difference.. not merely different colour stars by my name....
i agree, there's alot of time and effort in this forum to bring us all the help we need, i try to help where i can, but im just another person on WinMX,
my sentiment exactly
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 12:35:59 am »
Hi all, earlier i said that following in line with MXControl (ver 3) and rebelion forum's that my metis script and advanced sections was members only, well i have re-evaluated the idea and as im no longer a member of rebelion, and we are lacking in scripts all over WinMX, i have opened my 2 members only sections to view by everyone, you still have to join to post (stopping spammers) but its better than it was before, and i hope we can see more scripts in both here nad my forum as untill now the only input was myself, it would be great to see someone else's work there and we can look at it as a back-up, im not here to replace another forum, but if we have scripts in more than one place, ant problems on one site, we have a back-up to help each other.
rebellion is a locked forum like MXControl became, but WinMXWorld isn't its freely accessible, so is mine now and im sorry for locking two sections and causing any inconvenience.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 03:26:29 am »
Thats great news Max, please dont get the idea that we only work for the benefit of winmxworld, we are regularly asked for and provide help and advice to many winmx sites., as well as co-ordinating with them on important events where possible.
I have lost count of the number of alias I post help under and not just for winmx.

The members here are more than happy to hear of new places to visit, thats one thing I,m sure of and something we try to encourage.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 04:14:59 am »
Hi Ghost Ship, thank you, the only ideas i had about WinMXWorld is that you are here to help everyone and anyone, i feel the same way, and because i have general pc stuff to, non WinMX users pop in and possible become WinMX users so expanding us even more into the world, making us even more popular.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 01:31:39 pm »
My thoughts exactly  :D

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 04:50:08 pm »
And soo.. its a new year nearly..

We have had many things going on behind the scenes here and some are still in the works however, I thought I'd take this chance to say a few things and fill yall in.

We have added, as you may have already noticed, an OpenNap Section for help and advice.  This section is sort of SamSeeSam and Tiny4eva's baby but I hope yall will enjoy the benefits of it as well.  They have put in a lot of hard work making it as up to date as possible.

On a related note Tiny4eva  has been helping us on site throughout the last months and has become a valued member of the site.. with the Metis sections as well and now the OpenNap.  So lucky for us, hes accepted an Assistant Supervisor position and we're glad to have him aboard.
Thanks Tiny for all you have been doing, the hard work you put into helping to make the site all it can be, and for your time and efforts to help the community here and in the room.  We really appreciate everything you do.

This last year has had many ups and downs for us all, and I just wanted to take this time to thank all of the folks that help make this site what it is.  I could make a long list like they do at the Oscars and then yall can play the Orchestra to get me to shut up ... but I am going to mention a few things here ... lol

First of all I'd like to say thanks to KM.  I don't mean like 'oh yer thanks and all that' .. I mean thanks for being a good friend, for making the sacrifices you have made to keep WinMX going, for putting up with all the crap you have endured from certain (not worthy of mentioning) folks and for mostly being my friend.  Oh, and for fixing all the crap I break too..  :P  I know its easier to remember the bad things people say but without you and your initiative and hard work none of us would be here on site or MX so thanks hun.  You really have no idea just how much everyone really really appreciates you I hope you will remember that we do.

Id like to thank Ghost for being him, hes gotten me through many hard days nites on here and in life and well you know how i feel.. Your the worlds best 'mouthpiece' against the RIAA and anyone threatening p2p and the news you keep us all uptodate with is great.. xxx.

Id like to thank the Moderators on this site, you cant possibly know how We have appreciated the work you have put in to making this site what it is today, because there just aren't enough 'thank you's to be handed out.  Yall have selflessly worked right along side fighting and helping when need be for one reason and one reason only that I can see.  The love of the WinMX Community .. If I had the purple hearts of battle to give you I would because I know you deserve it.  I hope for a Happy New Year for each and everyone of you.  Sincerely Thanks!!

Id also like to thank the users that frequent this site, and I mean that to every last one of those 4600+ members.. dont get me wrong i sincerely appreciate the folks that post .. asking for or giving help.. all of you.. but the shear numbers of the members says alot about the site whether they post regularly or not.  After all you dont have to join to post here..so joining the site just says to me we are doing something right and its down to everyone here.  I really appreciate the respect and confidence that says, that you take the time to read this post .. reply to posts .. and to just see whats going on around here ever so often.  The users are what this site was always about and yall are the best!  Thank you to everyone that visits and reads all our yawn regularly!  Without you this site wouldnt amount to much either and you are after all the WinMX Community.  Thanks

erm.. damn to i hear music already..

Well let me hurry up and finish.. lol
Id also like to thank those of you that have contributed to pages here.. tutorials, help pages, translations.  I cant begin to say what that means to me to be able to show case your hard work and have it available for help for the world to see.  Those are the things that make this a great place to get help and for anyone whose sent things to me dont panic, Im still uploading and getting things added and will be more about that soon.  All of you know who you are and we want to thank you for taking the time to help out!
Thanks to you all!

Ok well to each and all of you I hope for a Great New Year!  :wink:

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 05:30:44 pm »
would just like to say happy new year to everyone & keep up the good work its much appreciated by myself and many others on mx and long may it continue :twisted:

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 06:12:04 pm »
I second and third that, Happy New Year to Everyone At WinMXWorld, lets face it, if there was no WinMXWorld there would be no WinMX. A Big Thanks to all the hard work that has gone into the help site, the forum and the help channel, as well as the people that contribute to make our WinMX special.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 11:27:59 pm »
Well ill post my gratitude also to km, as he has been the best asset to this winmx community supplying us with new patchs and wcs updates that he seems to work on tirelessly. You have been a rock to us and with Mehere coaching us allowing us to help the best that we can and quicks being the silent worker, working behind the scenes and always providing us with important news about Winmx and the rest of the internet world; my thanks has to go out to you three, I know we are all to blame i mean apart of creating this comunity but without your hardwork and dedication none of this would be here for us in the first place. I thank-you personally and this year has been a great year for winmx.I am also very proud to have been noticed an i am very glad to have been given the assistant supervisors role and promise to continue supplying you with help and support for both the metis and the new opennap section currently being moderated by myself and samseesam. Now i want to wish you all a happy new year and i know this next year is going to be even better for winmx with all the new goodies that are starting to appear for a ever increasing healthyer network.

Happy New Year Winmx And may their be many many more
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

KM

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 06:47:30 pm »
Oh, and for fixing all the crap I break too..  :P
so it was you? literally when i tried to load this thread (good timing) it all messed up, corrupt style sheet (the last automated backup from 15 minutes before was not corrupt, so it must have just happened)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006, 07:33:06 pm »
not this time..  :wink:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Site News..

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx