gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 10:11:40 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  winmx problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: winmx problem  (Read 6761 times)

Offline burrito

• MX Hosts
winmx problem
« on: December 12, 2006, 02:01:22 pm »
hello i have a problem as usual . one morning i woke up rebooted , wait till all was well then started my wcs 1.7 server went up to 10which is good started my winmx and no room listings  showing favorites were all there ould not get into my room also everyone who tried downloading off me kept timing out and i couldnt share with everyone . so i went to check my torrents its an easy way for me to see if my ports are still forwarded if the lite goes green  ad they did so my ports were still forwarded there on all of them winmx had just changed over night . so like a fool i removed winmx and put new file in and even tho i got a primary connection at first it kept setting me up on secondary . im now on primary i need it to run a room but what good is it without me and why bother i got enuff goin in my real life than to worry bout this and that one gettin a film but i find i like sharing been doing it over well a long time b4 mx went down and after .i shoulda restored system before i deleted and reinstalled winmx. well if i could see a room cause a new one popped up once on the list and i got in what am i gonna do what is the prob i changed not 1 thing from going to bed till waking puter was on 24/7 as usual , the restart did something or something in winmx change  pleas help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: how do i stop WCS from updateing?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 04:39:22 pm »
Burrito I think what happen to you is that the Internal IP the router normally assigns to your Computer had changed.  Restarting everything normally fixes this and better yet you can set them for a static IP so this doesnt happen again.  As far as reinstall of MX i think its just a port setting that we can adjust.  If you would please come by the help room, because well frankly i have troubles understanding everything your trying to say posting here.  Maybe with live one on one help we can get this figured out faster for you.

WinMxWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD50D3D

zena

Re: winmx problem
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:02:48 pm »
i,m haveing a problem with my winmx i,m connected all day but 4 till 11 at night i can not connect plz can u help ty :(

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 10:31:40 pm »
Hi zena, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your ISP (Tscali) are known to throttle winmx & other things during what they call "peak hours", unfortunately I know of no real fix other than changing ISP, on the plus side, at least it is only peak hours, most ISPs who pull this sort of dirty trick do so all the time..

Basically they've sold more fast connections than they can supply, & cheat by slowing everyone down when they actually try to use the potential of the connection they've paid for.

If you normally connect primary, I'd suggest connecting secondary instead, the reduced bandwidth overhead might help, even then, expect a dramatic slowdown during these hours.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline music_man69

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 09:02:29 pm »
I don't understand this program...several years ago on a different pc I had winmx and it was totally different than this I don't see any chatt rooms and I don't see how to d/l anything is this not what I thought it was

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 11:16:37 pm »
Music Ive answer this post in the other section as well..

Have a look at this guide to help you refresh your memeory and if you have other questions about chat or downloads post back to us

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_basics.html

bobolink67

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 05:04:57 am »
Hello - can't find any chat rooms, and I'm getting a very limited number of results in searches. What's up? How do I fix this?  

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 05:22:49 am »
check your port forwarding & firewall.. these are classic symptoms of udp blocked or not forwarded

bobolink

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 05:27:12 am »
How do I check port forwarding and firewall? Sorry - I know they're stupid questions - but where do I find that?

bobolink1

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 05:35:54 am »
I should note I've got "unable to accept incoming..." checked, and the same option with outgoing stuff.    

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 06:03:26 am »
Hi bobolink,

for information about port forwarding and firewalls you might want to check out the Firewalls, Router and Port Help section on our Tutorial Pages to give you a better understanding of what all this is about.

Wtih "unable to accept...." settings you shouldn't have any problems though, so you need to find out what exactly is blocking you.
Still it's a good idea to find out about your modem/router/firewall to make sure everything is set up right there.

Please post back with a little more information about
- What connection you're on and if you're using a router etc. (cable, dsl, satellite?)
- Your Operation system (which windows version?)
- Any anti-virus, anti-spyware or other protection software you're running (Norton etc).

Unfortunately pretty much all of the above may need some adjusting for winmx to work properly, so we need to find out exactly where the problem is first before we can help you figuring things out.

Good luck!
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

bobolink2

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 04:08:44 pm »
I"m on Windows XP. DSL (Suddenlink), with an outgoing router to another computer in the house. I just renewed Norton, so I have Norton 2007 running. I didn't have any of these issues before yesterday (when I got the new patch) - but I had been off WinMx for about 2 weeks (my computer was shutting down, and I was trying to figure out why).
After I posted, I came back and searched again and got plenty of results (though many are obvious fakes, it appears).     

Offline xlhead

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 09:43:13 am »
hi all could any 1 tell if winmx is still up and running    ive been away 4 sum time nd wanted to get bk on useing it any help will do thanks

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 09:45:52 am »
I posted in the other page where you asked..
but all the same you can download the patch from here:

https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline theghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 04:18:19 am »
 can someone tell me wht is up with winmx??     I havent used it in a long time and I guess a new patch of form of connecting is out . I d like to come back for a while if someone can tell me what Im doing wrong. Id really appreciate it the last time I was on was about february and shortly after that my house was struck by lightning. and that created one hell of a mess to clean up and Im still trying to fix my computers I should have had let my insurance company handle it. as I had files a claim but thought ahh... I can fix em Ive done it a hundred times. well not after get struck by lightning.  what a dope.... I cancelled the claim. ,

so in between that and some othe personal issues I  just didnt keep up with the happenings of winmx.  3 computers were ruined 1 I had rebuilt into the supercomputatron . the others Im slowly bring back to life as time allows.  I had one giant super computer built and bought 2 others . so I still have my network.   

you can e me at edit: removed email addy for portection of the user(tig) :/                 

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 04:25:47 am »
try reinstalling from the link in the post above yours...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  winmx problem

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx