gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 08:31:05 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  No Download, No Upload, No Chat - Verizon ISP
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: No Download, No Upload, No Chat - Verizon ISP  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Alias

• Forum Member
No Download, No Upload, No Chat - Verizon ISP
« on: January 07, 2007, 11:02:10 pm »
I just re-installed WinMX from scratch using the installer recommended from here. I was hoping it would resolve my downloading problems ever since I switched to Verizon, but unfortunately it did not make a difference. I can make a primary connection in WinMX, however, I barely get any results when making a search for what should be a popular item.  No one can download from me because they all get timed out. I also cannot use chat. When I enter chat there is no list of channels for me to choose. Does anyone have any recommendations or is there anyone who have better luck with Verizon FiOS? I appreciate any help. It is odd because I am using another P2P and that is working fine. Anyhow, here are the details of my setup:

Operating System: Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2
Internet Connection Type: Verizon FiOS Cable
WinMX Version: 3.54 beta 4
Primary User
Windows Firewall: Exceptions allowed for WinMX, WinMX TCP, WinMX UDP
Router: Actiontec MI424WR, Portwarding WinMX TCP & UDP

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: No Download, No Upload, No Chat - Verizon ISP
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 12:02:24 am »
Hi Alias,
Welcome to the site..

The reason the primary is not functioning correctly is the ports are still blocked somewhere.  This is most likely in the Actiontec.  WinMX is a much different beast to other p2p systems.. some folks say its more of a pain.. i like to think its just more versatile.. lol Either way the most likely suspect for your problems are the Router.

Do me a favor and go back through the set up of it for WinMX as per the instructions here: Actiontec/MI-424-WR/WinMX 
Make sure that you have it set to a destination port of 6699 for TCP and 6257 for UDP, then be sure you have set this in the 'Networked Computer/Device list' for the correct Computer's IP. 

You can verify that IP by doing this:
Start > Run > type in    cmd       then click OK
In the MSDos box type       ipconfig    then hit the Enter key.  Just make sure the IP listed here under IP Address is the same as you choose from the drop down on Networked Computer/Device list.

Once this is finished just make sure for me that the XP Firewall exceptions are set to the correct ports 6699 TCP & 6257 UDP.

After you just double check your settings you can test the ports by either running WinMX or we have a new port testing page made by our very own Maxe here:
http://winmx.dnsalias.com:801/scan.py

If these don't work still id like you to go through and change the ports to 1720 TCP and 3888 UDP on the router, firewall , and WinMX .. let me know here how this goes please..

Offline Alias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 01:47:51 am »
Hi there Me Here,

Thanks for the welcome. I double checked and changed the port numbers on the router, firewall and WinMX per your advice but alas it is not working. I tested the ports using the port testing page, which btw is such a great feature by you guys, and this was the latest result:

TCP port 1720 is closed. File operations (up/downloads and browsing) including chatroom hosting will probably fail due to this.

UDP port 3888 is open. Searches and Chatroom listings should be okay.

This was the same result for TCP 6699 being closed and UDP 6257 being open. My current settings on the router is TCP: Any -> 1720, UDP: Any -> 3888 and everything else is the same as the info provided by portforward.com. XP firewall exceptions are set to TCP 1720 and UDP 3888. Any other suggestions? I have also tried TCP 5001 and UDP 5010. The UDP port in general does not seem to be a problem no matter what number it is. This sucks. But thank you for your help so far.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 05:46:10 am »
evidently something has TCP blocked, there are a few things left to check/try..

firstly if you're using Norton AV check winmx is allowed in the internet worm protection (there's a tutorial for 2005 which applies to 2006 also)

secondly recheck everything & then reboot your router (unplug from power, wait 30 seconds & power it back up)

thirdly run the setup wizard from winmx settings, use the discard current settings option (this should make no difference but i have seen it open inexplicably closed ports), don't forget to restart winmx afterwards.

finally think hard if you have any other security software which might be interfering & try with it disabled/removed.

if none of the above work, you may be stuck with having to set winmx as unable to use TCP & make a secondary connection.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline tylefouryou

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 07:05:00 am »
If I may enter this thread on the same basis; verizon fios 20/5; unfortunately my router isnt listed on port forward. They have my brand (Westell) but not my model # A90-9100EM15-10; just havin a heckuva time tryin to get my primary back; But I do know with patience and the knowledgeable folks in here, I will be back in aflash. Anywho, because model # isnt listed I cannot get the step by step tutorial goin; I have setup several systems with the port forwarding with no trouble- but again with the step by step walkthrus of port forward its relatively easy. Moreover to the mate up above, my comments would be, I know of a couple users runnin the fios on primary but not personally so I know it can be done. There just must be some setting not correct. Further Advice would be greatly appreciated. I wonder if a new winmx should be installed? As connection before was 100mb dsl service only just upgraded to the fios package. So all this is being done on my originalwinmx v3.54b4 with community patch. Thank You

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 08:52:10 pm »
Hi there tylefouryou,

Maybe you have allready tried this and failed but if not....

What could get you on the right track would be to find a router in that same list that looks alot like yours and try walking through that manual.

Hope this helps, greetings,.... Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline tylefouryou

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 03:31:25 pm »
Thanx Josh for the reply; am coming in to advise that I have actually got myself up and running as like u said its not rocket science, just following some of the drop down menus and a little trial and error as well as lotsa coffee and several hours of patience am up n running; Furthermore, have one of my chatroom roomies with virtually same prob fios unable to run primary; i am west coast he is east coast, I held his hand and utilizing msn chat and 4 hours of time got him up n running as well to primary which he said he hasnt been able to run for six years :-).  One thing i have noticed is that when entering into chat; room list does not load as it use to. I use to get about 1100 channels with my old dsl connection and in seconds it would load; now however it seems to max at 300 channels and loads slowly. So am wondering what setting i may be able to adjust to manipulate this area if any? As for uploaders from me or downloads working great. Fios provides such speed that heres an example; 15 uploaders at once total speed 650,000; so fast afraid system will blow up. My friends primary seems to be working without a hitch but have not talked with him regarding room list loads and other logistic; I will advise :-)
SleestaxFireDancerMXM (DigitalCountry)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  No Download, No Upload, No Chat - Verizon ISP

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx