gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 21, 2024, 08:20:06 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Vista - So Good They Need To Give It Away ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vista - So Good They Need To Give It Away ?  (Read 853 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Vista - So Good They Need To Give It Away ?
« on: January 17, 2007, 08:52:05 am »
Moicrosoft is said to b planning to give heavily discounted copies of Vista away, desperation must be sneaking in.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2007/1/16/6651

If you are looking to pick up more than just one copy of Windows Vista, Microsoft may have the deal for you.  According to blogger Mary Jo Foley, the company will announce an offer over the next week that will give those who purchase Windows Vista Ultimate Edition the chance to pick up two extra copies of Vista Home Premium Edition for somewhere in the range of US$50 to $90 each.

Apparently, the Family Pack promotion is not for every user of Vista Ultimate, though.  Only customers who actually purchase the Vista Ultimate DVD upgrade or full version will be able to take advantage of the bonus offer, and remember, the extra copies are of Vista Home Premium, not Ultimate.

I have no time for this Junk because I intend to exercise my fair use rights fully and installing a crippled O/S (Vista) is not going to happen on this machine, if push comes to shove an upgrade to linux will be the way ahead, Billl can keep this trojanware for himself.

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
Re: Vista - So Good They Need To Give It Away ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 03:52:59 pm »
I take it you dont like vista. I think it looks quite good.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Vista - So Good They Need To Give It Away ?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 05:17:39 pm »
No I dont like the extra 14 DRM features and the facility thats built in to take advantgage of a mobo locking used on the new intel chipsets, I want to be the boss of my hardware not some mere O/S provider.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Vista - So Good They Need To Give It Away ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx