gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 02:37:19 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Room annoyance running a cache?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Room annoyance running a cache?  (Read 4316 times)

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
Room annoyance running a cache?
« on: July 10, 2010, 04:51:46 am »
Who is the tard on ip: 62.31.65.43 from GB?
She He or Chit has been coming in my room claiming to run a cache and is going to cut off my access by blocking me from it.
I claim OH GOODIE! I firewalled its little ass.
Not that they can 'cut me off' anyway. Right now I have much bigger issues like going into my attic to run a dedicated line to the modem so that I can bitch to my isp about the entire connection dropping 4 times per hour and the really bad normal telephone service. (Horrible crakling and other noise with volume so low you cant even make out what a used car salesman is screaming about.) Right now its 113F outside and as much as I want to correct the situation, I am in no hurry to climb around up ther to string a CAT6 cable where its prolly 140F.
Either way I despise morons that claim to run the entire internet by themselves. Just curious as to if that ip or its range includes the dimwit mentioned several times in this thread.

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 06:11:16 am »

I doubt very much that the owner of that ip is a cache operator and by banning the ip you have taken the best course of action. A quick hash up of the ip soon reveals it is a room host.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 06:52:26 am »
I do know the owner of that IP, he thinks he's big,
you did the best thing blocking the IP.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 08:26:00 am »
Who is the tard on ip: 62.31.*.* from GB?
She He or Chit has been coming in my room claiming to run a cache and is going to cut off my access by blocking me from it.

I,m not sure who this is but if thats their attitude they need to take a hike, thankfully due to the nature of the connection system its virtually impossible to block anyone from accessing the network as the caches are assigned pretty randomly so this threat is hollow to say the least, I will make some enquiries and see if we can clean up this matter, btw in future please take the time to start a new thread rather than jumping in on an existing one with an off topic post, of course I understand your annoyed so I wont labour the issue.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Re: Room annoyance running a cache?
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 09:14:20 am »
I have split off these posts to a new topic to avoid mixing up things

nylly
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 11:06:22 am »
I do know the owner of that IP, he thinks he's big,
you did the best thing blocking the IP.

Who is it? Cause that sort of attitude from whoever this is, is unacceptable.

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
  • Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio
    • The Studio
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 11:24:21 am »
that's easy pri it's right here

07:22:35 ·íÌ[´`]Íì· ·íÌ[´ 4 `]Íì· <IP Based Ban> was banned at 19:16 on 07/07/2010
07:22:35 ·íÌ[´`]Íì·  on the IP: 62.31.65.43.
07:22:35 ·íÌ[´`]Íì· ·íÌ[´ 5 `]Íì· <IP Based Ban> was banned at 19:19 on 07/07/2010
07:22:35 ·íÌ[´`]Íì·  on the IP: cpc1-grth5-0-0-cust9.sgyl.cable.virginmedia.com.

20:40:20 ·íÌ[´`]Íì· Banned user «[[¥]]G» Pëä©ëkëëpë® attempted to enter (62.31.65.43) 

he was banned in MUSIC @ The Studio a few days ago after being sloshed and verbally attacking a few members and friends there and today he knocked the room offline by hitting the servers firewall so hard it shut the server down for 3 minutes. thankfully we got it back and running however we had to temp a room and add extra protection and an echo firewall just incase were attacked again.
you will remember me as ~*~SELENA~*~ in 2005 on this forum....Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio
 Long live Karaoke Colors (ex admin), we miss you Ele!!!

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 11:38:31 am »
Well whoever that is he isn't a WinMXWorld cache operator.

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
  • Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio
    • The Studio
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 11:40:53 am »
He's room owner of Movie Gods with the «[[¥]]G» tags
you will remember me as ~*~SELENA~*~ in 2005 on this forum....Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio
 Long live Karaoke Colors (ex admin), we miss you Ele!!!

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 11:43:28 am »
Well whoever that is he isn't a WinMXWorld cache operator.
we know that Pri, he's just a bully hoping to scare some ppl,

@ nylly thanks for splitting topics, it was needed in light of the content.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 06:32:07 pm »
Thanks for the input all  8)

I can confirm this  user is not one of the community cache operators (nor does it seem any other sort of cache operator).

I,m very pleased to once again take the time to thank those of you who are cache operators for your professionalism and trusted commitment to keeping the network operating effectively for all users without fear or favour, its at time like this when we see how some folks make petty threats and put their own importance above that of others  that I think just how prized we have been in gathering the best folks for the job, I,m extremely proud of you all  8) :yes:

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 03:26:46 am »
@miners.
this may be a we bit off topic but if thats a DSL line you should have a filter on every phone. thats the most common cause of the noise you describe. if you have them make sure they are hooked up correctly. I had a similar problem a while back the filter on the modem was hooked up backwards and it was trying to filter the data i got slow speeds and alot of disconnects/noise
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Room annoyance running a cache?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx