gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 05:06:03 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Peerguardian: The Facts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Peerguardian: The Facts  (Read 73144 times)

Offline Melody

• Forum Member
Re: Peerguardian: The Facts
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 12:13:50 am »
I always thought a dink was referring to a couple who worked but had no children "Double Income No Kids" !  :)

Don

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 10:02:45 pm »
Eh, 'fascinating' insight Dora.  Did it take you a long time to write your post.  You've shown your absurd lack of intelligence soooo clearly.  Well done!

The grass most definately ain't greener on the PIE side. 

A happy dink, returning to the WinMX fold and I most certainly will be using the network.  Only found this site tonight and I'm astounded at the work you all put into it.  A big thank you from Manchester, England.

Don

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 11:03:13 pm »
Welcome Don,
this is the best place to be as WinMX is free and so is our assistance, enjoy mate.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 01:06:54 am »
well dora the explora would you care to expand upon your so elequently put comment cuz all i got was this

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dink

1. dink 

Dual Income No Kids

2. dink 

Local slang in Vermont. A stupid person, a jerk, an a-hole. A general putdown of one's abilities

3. DINK   

Acronym for Dual Income No Kids

4. dink 

a fool or tard

5. DINK   

Another colorful slang term for penis

Shut your face, or I'm going to kick you square in the DINK    <<< my personal favorite  :D

6. dink 

Another word for a Vietnamese person.
See also charlie.

7. dink 

A polite version of dick or asshole.   "my boss is a real dink"

8. Dink   

Dink, The : Slang for Engelbert Humperdinck

9. dink   

A "family" with Dual Income & No Kids or a member of such a "family".

Dinks would rather spend their money on luxury cars and vacations than on child expenses.

10. Dink 

Another word for the so called 'Think'

"Hey emily i dink i might go out tonight"

kinda thinkin dora falls into catogory 2  perhaps he/she/it would care to expand as i have taken the time to enlighten everyone as to the fantastic possibilities on offer

:D :wink:        hmm perhaps it could be dinker    o.O

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2007, 08:13:38 am »
lmao  :D

dj.tuBIG/MaliceX

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2007, 09:29:20 am »
I suppose it'll be good fortune to spread this to the Wikipedia article of PeerGuardian under the 'controversy' section. What do you reckon guys?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PeerGuardian

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2007, 10:54:21 am »
I think that would ba a great idea, the more people aware of blocking of p2p networks by this tool the sooner Phoenix labs will run their own list and regain some validity for their blocklists.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007, 11:43:49 am »
I agree the more ppl that are aware the more likely Phoenixlabs is to actually do something about this atrocity...

´][`hê NèW Ýê宧 Ç®ÕW

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 08:42:04 pm »
lol..well i found this to be an intersting,amusing and informative thread.i'm thinking that dora is a closet mx'er haha. have a nice day all!

Lynnnn

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 06:20:04 pm »
Thank you for reassuring me, I have never used PG althought have tried it always gave me problems with mx,   so deleted it against the advice of our room host and have never reinstalled it, my mx works fine I very very seldom fall.
thanks again
Lynn

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 08:59:58 pm »
Hi Lynnnn,
glad you didnt listen to your room host, we know that ordinary people like you and me have seen their IP's on the block list's on PG, so in effect using it means you are blocking yourself,
if your room host says you need PG, is he going to say you need the pay version of WinMX next?
it look like you need a new room.

clowd-9

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2007, 03:36:07 pm »
I am but no longer will be a pg2 user. The most annoying thing with this crap is i have to disable it anyway to surf. So what they are telling me is that the homepage of my isp is an anti p2p hack. Makes me wonder why it doesnt block its own ip. Do i smell a conspiracy theory? Shall I go as far as suggest that maybe pg2 is in bed with the man? All very good questions.  :wink: Guess ill just take my chances out there. Seems i cant do any worse.
Oh and by the way.....I do so love the doras of the world. Its kind of a comic relief.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2007, 03:55:27 pm »
Why it doesn't block it's own IP?
simple:

Well they already did. lmao :lol:
Search around and I suppose you'll find the thread. I'm a bit too lazy at the moment lol

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

dazco

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 08:42:03 am »
I have been watching my peerguardian today as i feared iam under a DDos attack , this is whats being blocked   orion.untracedserver.com-DDos/ap2p      now the orion.untracedserver.com takes me to winmxgroup site so iam confused as to what iam seeing can anyone explain please ?

dazco

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 09:03:37 am »
to add to the above post  source 84.9.85.10.3791    and destination 207.210.117.53.666
if this was not blocked would i then be part of some kind of DDOS attack maybe ?

dazco

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 09:39:49 am »
Just checked p2p blocklist in peerguardian and   pagasus    hydra  pegasus2  andromida orion   are all in there  ending with  .untracedserver.com-DDos/ap2p          what the hell does this mean ? as they are being blocked and have a DDOS tag on them

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 11:07:24 am »
Hi Dazzo,

What your seeing is Peerguardian is blocking your WinMX from updating the real WinMX block list that the WinMXGroup caches use to keep you protected and fake free.  The reason its named that, the list makers for Peerguardian, Bluetack.com have named all the WinMX Caches that.  They could have named them 'orion.untracedserver.com-Blocked because they complained'  and this is what you would see on your Pg logs.

What your seeing is Peerguardian blocking normal needed traffic from the peer caches and the blocklist.

If you have read the original post here you know that Bluetack added all WinMX Group Peer Caches, the WinMX Group site, and even this site to its block lists when complaints about them taking dynamic IPs from our lists and adding them to permanent block lists were made.  You are not allowed to make complaints about such things at Bluetack, they will add anyone's IPs to their perm lists if you do.

Turn Off Peerguardian so that your WinMX can send and receive the needed traffic to get your blocklist updated, to get new primary or secondary connections and to work correctly.

KM

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 09:09:02 pm »
you see the latest "feature" they had to add to peer guardian?

it disables the blocking for the updates

how can they possibly add that without having the obvious question of "why the hell would it need to?" there is absolutely no reason why a server should be blocked, and hosting the block list... either it's an OK server in which case it shouldn't be blocked in the first place, or it's not OK in which case it shouldn't be trusted as a reliable source for a block list

dazco

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 11:31:41 pm »
No i havent seen the latest feature is there a url ?, thanx for your replies i simply aint going to use peergurdian it seems to be run by kids if they are blocking friendly servers , what bothers me is that i and many others torrent etc and rely on peergurdian for protection , what to do eh !! lol

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2007, 01:30:48 am »
Honestly Dazco your best protection is in the client and the sites you use.. frankly im not a heavy bt user however i know for a fact lots of BT users that have gotten letters from ISP or RIAA where infact using PG2, in my opinion it was a false sense of security anyway.. frankly also you the user would be better at making lists you want to block yourself then Bluetack is..

Surely there must be some guidence sites for IPs and make your own lists.. Peerguardian is great if you need to block an ip and if you dont use ANY of the lists supplied by them... lol

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Peerguardian: The Facts

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx