gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 01:26:14 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  New Users Not Wanted?????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Users Not Wanted?????  (Read 2402 times)

Kasey156

New Users Not Wanted?????
« on: January 24, 2007, 06:35:43 pm »
Prior coming to WMW help room, I worked for a year for another patch's help room.  I did not use WinMX during that entire year, because I was paranoid about my exposure in the help room.  Prior to that, I was open nap, and when FrontCode was still active, I had ONE chat room where I stayed and did most of my sharing.

Now I am being treated like a DOG in WMW "help" by all but a few... for so MANY reasons, for the fact that I came from somewhere else, for the fact that I haven't shared in a long time and am very paranoid, for the fact that I don't understand tech talk, and because I am very upset over the way WinMX is going these days.

It is my impression that the majority of the "helpers" and WMW fans do not want me on the network.  I have been made to feel unethical, stupid, and too many other things to list. 

I am sincere in wanting to try and learn to make WinMX work - whatever that takes.  But if that includes abuse and being dogged out by the very people that are supposedly helping me to connect, I guess the radio will have to suffice for my music world.

WinMX is supposed to be about the USER - not the egos of the people who write the programs to make it work.  I've seen these egos on all sides of the issue, and the egos are what are making me hate this network.

Users FIRST.  That's the beginning, the middle, and the end.

Kasey

Offline Cerebral

• Forum Member
  • use the brain
Re: New Users Not Wanted?????
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 06:42:39 pm »
Well kasey there are a lot of people who are unkowing . you shouldt be treated like a dog.
but i havent seen you be treated like a dog.  but i wasnt on winmx a whole lot cause of my head cold and fever.
And i know i havent talked down to you.
open source all the way

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 06:54:48 pm »
Hi Kasey,
sadly i don't go in the WMW help room as much as i should, mainly because i tent to be in two other rooms as well as my own and run my help desk forum as well as help out in 3 other forums including this one,

i never make an innocent user feel unwelcome, in my room as its a family room with children in, i do protect them and we do kick the trollers, spammers & abusive people, but everyone else is welcome, the same in my help desk, i will help everyone and anyone, please don't feel you are singled out because of who's team you was on,

i have had a girl come into my room asking for help, she had been to another help room and was refused help of any kind unless she had his patch, this was very unfair, i did help her regardless of what patch she used and she went away a little happier knowing we do care.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 06:57:41 pm »
I don't see any mistreatment toward you when I am around Kasey.
The vladd room is doing this to me.
Me and Kay were friends and know I cant talk to her cause we are on 2 different sides.
If I may say they are being the children and I am seeing WMW act more like adults (apart from a few that know who you are).

I am sorry about all this and I will work on resolving this issue.

Offline Mytheroo

• Forum Member
  • Wanna lick?
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 07:45:50 pm »
Well I was there for some of it, and didn't like what I saw from people I hang with. As I said to you before, you get a range of opinions in rooms, and extremes are always loudest. There ARE two sides to this thing...or rather two edges, but with a massive majority happily being inside it just being users and trying to find what is best.  I hope the few don't ruin your impression of the rest in WMW. I for one have seen your hard work for the users, and think you are a great asset to any room
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 07:47:43 pm »
Kasey, I and others have been watching over you in the room and making sure you have been given a fair hearing in all you want to say , I now think your abusing our hospitality by claiming  minor events in an exaggerated way, some of which are not occuring.

If you dont want to visist our room then please pick somewhere you feel comfortable, there are no nannies in wmw help as its a help room and the tech talk is used to discuss tech matters so more folks can share the community  knowledge, there is no effort made to single you out in any way, if you but took the time to sit in their for a while like other host file users have been doing its rather clear we offer education and advice on many matters, the choice will always be yours on whether you wish to heed any advice or ignore it.
You are not a child Kasey, I dont intend to treat you like one.

This forum and the room are run by a team who are free to say and do as they wish, a team made up of many users who care for mx and dont mind putting time into helping others gain the same enjoyment, I,m one of the team, a team of folks who know what needs doing and when and self organises to work on emergencies, there are no bosses here and no one wants to act as the boss either on the forum or in the room, what I,m saying is please dont ask for special treatment, we all do our best to look out for all the rooms users not just those who want the room to mirror the one they left.  

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 08:15:28 pm »
I have no problem with you kasey, however I do remember being treated the same way that you are telling us now by those in the MXpie help room. I am pretty sure that others from the WMW community feel they got treated the same way.
Therefore, I do understand if users from the WMW community are a little sceptical about you suddenly wanting to stay with us, but my advice is to give it some time and you will see.

Kasey156

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 08:27:04 pm »
Thank you Neutron. 

KM

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 08:38:26 pm »
everyone in winmxworld is free to speak their mind, and they all really want what is best for winmx, they don't want to blindly repeat what someone told them to say and all get along as you are probably used to in the pie rooms, they want what is best nothing else. nobody has any problem with upsetting a few people if it means the best for winmx.

The 2 things that normally end up as the most active discussions in there are:

1. the pie flooding of the network (and defending of pies attacking the network really won't win you many friends in there btw). Of course you've found out that ice (aka bughunter on the forum) can get a bit carried away with it sometimes (that's why i ended up muting him before to let him calm down... judging by his comment once he got unmuted it didn't work! lol), and i'm sure you can appreciate we are not big mxlie fans, they attack the network daily, and constantly spread lies around about everyone in winmxworld (i would know, as i am their number one target for lies) - everyone has been putting up with that crap for over a year and it is perfectly understandable for everyone to be fed up with them. at first they were just an annoying bunch to most people and very few even cared about them (obviously they've been attacking me since well before this pie thing was formed), only a handful of people knew or cared about their crap, but it didn't take them long to get everyone pissed off with them - think of it this way, if you'd had a neighbour constantly throwing their rubbish in your front garden and bitching to everyone about how you are a horrible evil neighbour that keeps breaking in to their house and throwing rubbish all over their garden, i'm sure you would be extremely happy with them after over a year of it.

2. leeches (as you seem to have just found out having a quick scroll up of the room), and yes the 0of0 leech tool is purely a leech tool, it can only be used for leeching, if you have something overriding it to allow everyone to auto start then it is doing nothing and you therefore wouldn't have it loaded, the fact you're using it means it is there to block uploading to everyone and to only upload to some (often used by people who just want to leech and not get auto-ignored or for those who will only share if they want something of yours traded... both types of people *are* leeches)

Relax and respect the fact that winmxworld is a room where everyone expresses their feelings, we all have a huge heated debate about something, then come back the next day talking about how nice the weather is... nobody shuts up and pretends to think something else purely because that's what they are meant to think, if someone disagrees then they say so and things get talked about, if 2 people disagree about something then at least one of them is wrong, and normally by the end of it whichever one was wrong has learnt something (unless of course they're both wrong, then they are just doomed to argue for hours until someone with the right answer comes along)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 09:52:24 pm »
can i just add, i don't like the way people have been in Vladd's help room to be refuled help because they haven't got the pie patch,

i have had a few visits from Sabre in my room, i don't want him there, but i spoke to him politely and didn't ask him to leave, i wasn't rude & i didn't kick him, he knows i don't like the pie patch or Vladd, but there was no confrontation, he come in said hello etc and parked for a while then left.

if someone uses a certain patch, that's their preference, i just offer people that ask for help all the help i can give.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 10:44:30 pm »
Kasey,

may I put in my 2ct's here?

It seems to me you're a little unsure of yourself yet in the wmw room ;-)
Because of this you might think that everything we direct at PIE or say about it might also be directed at you.
I can assure you that is not the case though :-)

Just hang around a bit and try to get to know people - and just listen in to the techy talk, if you do that for a while you will learn a lot - like we all did eventually, lol

Of course you will meet some people who won't like you or who you will not like - that's normal with these kinds of user numbers.

In fact there are some people in there I can't stand ;)

Just please keep in mind that we in the help room are targeted with lots of stuff from PIE on a daily basis - it does tend to make you a little sceptical ;)

Still I'd like to think we are fair to everyone coming into our room and asking for help and I don't think it's fair to say we don't want no new users or anything.

My impression is that you're a little sensitive on this subject yet and just not used to people just speaking their mind.

I'd have appreciated you raising this very subject in the room itself with the very people you didn't feel comfortable though as discussing this on here can't really be effective as not all people have been in the room when you were there.

Just pitch in and speak your mind - you will see if it's done without abusing anyone else we won't mind  - and appreciate it in fact - and nobody will get kicked for it.
Unlike in other help rooms...
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 11:32:26 pm »
hmmmm ohh well movin on  :D

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 06:35:13 pm »
I know ya cant stand me nylly lol *jok*
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  New Users Not Wanted?????

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx