gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 15, 2024, 12:22:47 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  completely baffled
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: completely baffled  (Read 4141 times)

Offline whitefox723

• Forum Member
completely baffled
« on: January 25, 2007, 09:42:09 am »
Hi to everyone who has offered me help with my connection issues.I have just logged on this morning(9.15am GMT) and up,running connected & downloading.
At night though still can't connect?

Dianne

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: completely baffled
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 10:05:02 am »
Does it affect both primary and secondary conenctions in the night?

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline whitefox723

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 10:53:44 am »
yes at night it affects both primary & secondary connections.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 11:03:56 am »
Just do one thing:
See if it happens at a particularly time.
I think that we are looking at throttling by the ISP here....
Can you otherwise use the internet and all ok?

Patch link :

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 11:14:04 am »
what isp are you using whitefox will be handy to kno so we can perhaps compile a list of the best and worst sometime to save ppl a lot of problems because as sam says it sounds like the pain in the a** we know as throttling by a isp  :x

Offline whitefox723

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 11:17:16 am »
Time of night is usually after 8pm(GMT).All other internet ok.ISP is Tiscali.

Di :D

Offline whitefox723

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 11:17:37 am »
Forgive me for being dumb but what is throttling?

Offline whitefox723

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 11:23:55 am »
funny thing is that i use Limewire too and it's the same with that.Can't connect at night.

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 11:41:21 am »
throttleing means, your isp restrict your internet (in this case p2p) this means that you cant do cirtain things (maybe download and upload)
i have never had experiance with tiscali, but it seems like the kind of thing they would do!
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorow!
www.lovehosts.com

Offline whitefox723

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 11:45:38 am »
so how do you get round throttling.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 11:58:23 am »
ring them up and complain then they tell you that you shouldnt be using peer to peer then you say i pay for a service from you that you are not providing me so if it continues you are breaking our contract and i will go elsewhere, with me the convo usualy ends shove your service up your a** and i tell everyone to steer well clear as they are cr*p :D
if enough ppl do the same they will have to change there policy on throttling ppls bandwidth i.e. restricting you on a service you pay for and forcing you to use what they think is appropriate or not

KM

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 02:11:01 pm »
btw tiscali do throttle, that are also notable as the only (as far as i know) ISP that only does it during certain hours, the others do it all the time

as they said though, there's no way around it except to change ISP

however normally with tiscalis throttling it should still connect just that uploads and downloads will go at like 0.1k/s until eventually cutting off

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 02:39:18 pm »
ring them up and complain then they tell you that you shouldnt be using peer to peer then you say i pay for a service from you that you are not providing me so if it continues you are breaking our contract and i will go elsewhere, with me the convo usualy ends shove your service up your a** and i tell everyone to steer well clear as they are cr*p :D
if enough ppl do the same they will have to change there policy on throttling ppls bandwidth i.e. restricting you on a service you pay for and forcing you to use what they think is appropriate or not

for starts, calling your isp because you cant download illegal material from P2P software wouldnt be to wise.. lol, the thing is tho.. they cant really do mcuch about people downloading ect because alot of people do it, thats why we get throttleing and download limits
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorow!
www.lovehosts.com

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 03:23:48 pm »
They don't have the authority to decide what you can or cannot download :lol: <--- Atleast I think most country's laws will support that.
Same reason why they can't simply decide to block a website they don't like.
Plus why should they care what you are or are not downloading? It's the fact that you are using bandwidth more than P2P that bothers them.

Patch link :

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 03:31:42 pm »
Exactly Sam.

Lets not forget here folks and I bring this up to remind White more then anyone atm.. that calling the ISP you pay money to for Internet use and asking why you are being blocked from using the interent for certain 'LEGAL' programs is completely within thier rights.

WinMX is NOT Illegal and neither is P2P use.  As I have stated many many times there are plenty of free files to be traded on the interent and on WinMX.  White is completely within thier rights to call that provider and ask why thier services are not being offered and also more then likely completely within thier rights to find a new ISP becuase this is a breach of contract and most of them know it. 

Throttling is one thing and I know for a fact is written into the FUP of Tiscali however, blocking programs from connecting is not!

Dont forget there are countries in this world that have different laws then the USA and the USA does not own the internet.  Laws about copyright may differ from country to country and in some its not illegal to download or upload said files.  This is beside the point however as in no country is p2p illegal including the almighty USA.

His point also about the bandwidth being the issue is the real reason that 'ANY' Internet provider throttles anyway.. its never been about the file content.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 04:15:50 pm »
also in comment to james .........   "for starts, calling your isp because you cant download illegal material from P2P software wouldnt be to wise.."

reporting perverts and paedophiles to them dont make em cut them off so having a go about them breaking a contract about your d/load and u/load speeds whether it be p2p or whatever isnt gonna get u locked up

profit is king and damn the consequences with most isp and its about time something was done about them and the best way is to identify them and kick them into touch that way they will have to provide the services they are so keen to promote when they want your hard earned
Instead of screwing ppl over for services not renderd  which to me is a hell of a lot more criminal than a few files shared

as for recording artists & record companys bitching about royalties etc they dont mind using my space and every other possible outlet to give there music etc away to get up there in the 1st place so perhaps they should think of this especialy as the very ppl who put them there are being ripped off at source whilst giving them a leg up the ladder to stardom when they are  a no-one

You can have most things in this world if you got the money but u cant have it all just how you want it

Offline whitefox723

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 08:19:31 pm »
Hi All

Just had a right go at Tiscali.They say i am using too much bandwidth at peak times 6pm - 10pm and if i want to use P2P then to do so at less busy times. It is third party software and they don't like it. All she ranted on about was the fact i am taking up other customers bandwidth. Guess i am not a customer!

Thanks though.Anyone know a good ISP?

Dianne

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 10:10:49 pm »
lmao ur not even getting what your paying for so how are you using other customers bandwidth when there not even suplying you with your own that you pay for  :lol: thats like your electricity co telling you how many lights you can turn on and at what time

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 12:38:13 am »
Im not sure of your exact location, give us a rough idea and we can maybe point you to a few good ones..

I myself LOVE our new BT Business account, truely unlimited BW, upto 8meg line, £26/month interent.   :P :P  We're in the UK

Offline willscotn

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 08:37:33 am »
try here compares all isp and shows cost and if capped,enter post code gives few in area
http://www.net4now.com/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  completely baffled

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx