gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 02:15:08 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Can't hit upload speed max with just 1 upload
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't hit upload speed max with just 1 upload  (Read 1220 times)

darkxman

Can't hit upload speed max with just 1 upload
« on: January 24, 2007, 05:43:06 pm »
Hi... this problem has been driving me crazy and limits my ability to trade. I'm using Yahoo sbc dsl. Nothing is checked in bandwidth throttle. I can upload at about 70K in just about everything else, but I can only upload to 1 user at about 30K in winmx. Only if I upload to 2 people(30K each) at the same time can I come close to maxing  out my upload speed. I want to upload at 70K to just 1 person. Any ideas?

KM

Re: Can't hit upload speed max with just 1 upload
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 08:45:40 pm »
something like that could be caused by the ISP if so there's not much you can do about it

it could also be a program on your computer causing it, such as a firewall or some other similar program, try disabling things to see if you can find what is responsible.

failing that if you really want to send at full bandwidth to a specific user, you can add the same directory to your shared files twice - that will mean having every file shared twice, then they can select to download both "copies" from you, it will then use 2 connections to download the file - not a nice way to do it, but an effective one

darkxman

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 01:20:13 am »
That's what I was afraid of. Well, I'll give your suggestions a try. Thanks for the response.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 04:19:35 am »
One thing... Does your combined speed reach 70k?
If yes, then at some point of time, one of your uploaders will also download from you with 70 k speed

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

HRC

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 08:22:48 am »
I have the same problem darkxman but only with certain users. I usually can max my upload speed with anyone but I have a few people that I can only uplaod to at about half speed. If we go to a openap server I can upload to them at full speed. I've had this problem for several years on MX and never could figure out why.

darkxman

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 03:45:15 am »
One thing... Does your combined speed reach 70k?
If yes, then at some point of time, one of your uploaders will also download from you with 70 k speed

Cheers :P
Yeah, my combined speed gets pretty close to 70K, but not with just one upload.

I have the same problem darkxman but only with certain users. I usually can max my upload speed with anyone but I have a few people that I can only uplaod to at about half speed. If we go to a openap server I can upload to them at full speed. I've had this problem for several years on MX and never could figure out why.
It happens on opennap servers too for me. I even tried different opennap clients and get the same half speed problem.

I was playing around with different ports yesterday, and I was able to upload max to one person just one time. Wasn't able to duplicate it again with the same port number though. So, I at least know it's possible. I turned off the firewall. Updated the firmware in my dsl modem. Tried the friendly winmx ports. I think I might give opennap in linux a try just to rule out my winxp install.

KM

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 05:28:55 pm »
there are limitations to how fast a TCP connection can go with a certain round trip time, the default TCP settings in windows aren't optimal for fast connections, however it shouldn't cause it to go that slowly, and not 100% of the time, if that were the cause it would be a different speed for different users

you can try adjusting the TP settings on your system to make it send more but the effect of it only being changed one end is limited a little (some things are negotiated between the 2 ends, so goes with the lowest settings... which would be the default settings the other end is using) but wouldn't hurt to try

if you do want to try changing your TCP settings, go to start>run and type "regedit" and click OK, then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters and look for the TcpWindowSize setting, and increase it, try setting it to about double whatever it is currently set to, this is assuming all other settings are default and you haven't ever run one of those many optimizers available (which can easily cause reduced speeds if used incorrectly)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Can't hit upload speed max with just 1 upload

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx