gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 11:55:49 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Different sharing system sets - to reduce fakes & mislabels
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Different sharing system sets - to reduce fakes & mislabels  (Read 9945 times)

Micromecca

Re: Different sharing system sets - to reduce fakes & mislabels
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 07:08:21 pm »
Uploading of incompletes depends on if or if not you have shared your downloads directory lol

lol thanks sam weve established that, what Majic_ShareAll is claiming is that even if your incompletes dir is shared u still cannot share them properly, he also claims that anyone doing so is 'lying' :?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 07:15:57 pm »
Î¥Îî¢rôÎ¥Îꢢâ: Actually, I think you are in error, per my experiences.  Incomplete files Do get listed in the search and browse windows, but although I have que'd them, thousands of times, I have never seen one actually upload (in the last 4 years).

That may also be because incomplete files don't get the "incomplete" tag in the uploads window [Basically they uplaod as if the file is complete]
and upon finishing (ie sending as much as there is to send) they give the message : "sent all aviable bytes"
Also, if you cannot download from another person's incomplete file, then you have completed a higher % of the file than the person from whom you are downloading.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 07:16:45 pm »
Majik,

I didn't write the WinMX program either but that doesn't stop me from knowing a few facts about it.. so let me clarify a few things for you as well.

Incomplete files Do get listed in the search and browse windows, but although I have que'd them, thousands of times, I have never seen one actually upload (in the last 4 years).

Of course the file must have at least 1% completed for you to be capable of downloading that %, but I assure you it will in fact download.  WinMX will then tell you that you have received all bytes available, not a sharing violation.  Try it  :wink:

WinMx doesn't auto store DLed data parts to their component files, as some is stored in incoming buffers; so the file listed (if actively qued) is an open file and would probably trigger an 'application sharing violation'.  It is not even a good idea to preview files in this state.  I would even guess that interfering with an open file might lead to a corrupted data stream and increase cpu usage (tracking a 3 way stream).

WinMX does INFACT save DLed data to its settings.dat file so the file is not an open file as you state.  It is perfectly ok to not only preview them but to move them, store them on removable media and re rip them to the PC to use again, share them or download them.

WinMX keeps a minor bit of data (you can get the techie words for all this from my other half I'm sure) telling it where it left off on the download and if that bit of data is lost for some reason, sudden shut downs or power loss is known to cause it, then it will remember only the last time it had such information stored on that file.   Hence trimming 10K a few times will rectify this situation as well.

...when the file is complete, it is renamed (minus the hash).  At that point the 'users share library' has to update with the new file name and get the correct hash, or at least confirm it.  This then has to be updated to the primary servers indexes upline, for filename, location and hash.

The file is in fact automatically renamed when its completed and yes the update is then sent out to the primary client (if you are secondary automatically for WinMXv3.54 and next refresh for older WinMX Version) however, your wrong about it getting a new hash.  I assure you that incompletes are given the hash they will always have on WinMX, changing its name doesn't effect this and neither does the fact that its become complete.  If your thinking were true this would destroy the multisource downloads that the WPN offers by rehashing files every time they finished.   Do some searches and you'll see that incomplete files indeed to match the completed ones shared by other users, if the source was the same to begin with.   Take the hash of an incomplete you have that has other matching results and do a search.. you'll see they match completed files.

I hope that you'll do some searching and see for yourself about these things.. its quite clear its entirely possible to download incomplete files, although like Bearded I dont normally share said files.

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 07:17:01 pm »
I share my incompletes AND rename them....lol shame on me :P

maybe before you state what in your eyes is so obvious majic you should first make sure it is actual fact >!< and not based on personal experiance...
sharing incompletes is what makes this network the best to use....i start a file and take 5 people on board to upload the file to that i am STILL downloading...

I suggest first u take some lessons in HOW TO use WINMX instead of telling people that they are wrong or that things simply wont work simply because you havent taken the time to get more information before making blatent acusations.

PFFFFFT >!<
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Different sharing system sets - to reduce fakes & mislabels

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx