gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 02:38:14 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Vista - Problems With WinMX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vista - Problems With WinMX  (Read 82081 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Vista - Problems With WinMX
« on: February 11, 2007, 06:43:26 pm »
Folks if you have recently or are about to change over to Vista we need your help and info.
We are noticing some users are having problems and to resolve these we need information and lots of it.

Could those who have no problems please post also, in the following format:

What Vista version you have and what you upgraded from.
What winmx version you have, what patch version and type your using.
are you using any third party chat programs like robomx, nushichat, RCMS etc
What other software you have installed besides winmx, for instance firewalls anti spy ware, instant messengers etc in fact anything you have that will allow us to either mark a program as good or bad with mx.

Any specific error messages, what was the exact wording of the error and how long into start up did the crash occur, if its some other problem that's not a crash but something now working right, lets hear about those too.

Please try to give as much info as possible and help the rest of the community, others will be waiting on any fix like yourself so please take the time to help us to help you

Thank you all for your help.  8)

Offline JAAN

• Forum Member
Re: Vista - Problems With WinMX
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 06:57:01 pm »
Windows Vista Business build6000
WinMX 3.54 with patch 3.0
not using any other chat clients etc
besides MX i have just regular stuff.. iTunes, WLM beta, win defender, spybot, steam and so on.

no problems.

help..not so much

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 10:09:14 pm »
New computer. Compaq Presario. Can DL WinMX, but can't search, keep getting booted from Chat Help rooms. Keep losing connection to online. Thought it was just a bad dlownload.

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 10:32:41 am »
Running Windows Vista Home Premium 6000 Build

Pc Specs
AMD Athlon 2800XP+ processor
Radeon 512mb Graphics card
512 pc 3200 DDR ram
80 Gig Maxtor 7200 rpm  hd

Winmx 3.53 (i have also tried 3.54)
Patch Version 3.0 Muilt Installer (from www.winmxgroup.com)

BE 24 meg internet
Speedtouch Router (supplied by BE)

I have no issues with Winmx on primary or secondary connect at all
I also have no issues with  Winmx Moni
I do have issues with BendMX (all versions) they just wont run (they install but dont run) i do have a idea i will be trying but i will let you know about that

I run  Spybot,Spyware blaster,Avast4.7 Home edtion,Windows F/Wall(oddly this seems alot more user friendly) all we no issues either.

Setting ports in router through I.E7 gives me no issue either.

hope this helps and i have also had the same results with Vista Ultimate

Porthos23

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 12:39:00 pm »

Here is the complete rundown on my current setup

Hardware -
 AMD Athlon X2 5200+
 Asus Crosshair Motherboard
 eVGA Geforce 7950GT KO (Nvidia 9.6.3.3 Driver)
 2GB DDR2-800 Corsair CAS4 RAM

Software -
 Vista Ultimate build 5600
 Maxthon Browser (build 1.5.9)
 Yahoo Messenger (build 7.5 beta)
 Office 2007
 Grisoft AVG 7.5
 Weather Pulse 2.0.5
 uTorrent
 Asheron's Call Throne of Destiny
 WinMX 3.53b4 (3.0 patch)

As discussed in previous thread, many problems with WinMX. No error messages.

Offline Cerebral

• Forum Member
  • use the brain
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 06:39:05 am »
AMD Athlon 64bit proccessor 3800+ 2.4ghz
894MB a ram
Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE(intergrated)
320 gig hdd
windows vista home premium
32bit OS

have had some problems with some win apps like the following
some codecs
divx
IE likes to crash sometimes
(connecting to ethernet)

open source all the way

KM

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 03:15:23 pm »
you forgot to mention if winmx is working for you or not, lol

and lucky you with IE only crashing "sometimes"... damn thing is crashing at least once a day for me, did have it crash 3 times in 5 minutes

i'll be glad once i get this stuff done so i can get rid of vista (reason i'm running it is because it's too slow to run in vmware so i need it as the primary OS to do any testing with it)... it isn't too bad, but it certainly isn't release quality, it's the same thing they released as a beta, just without the excuse of "it has beta written on it"

Offline Cerebral

• Forum Member
  • use the brain
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 03:48:16 pm »
YES winmx works
open source all the way

vixen

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 01:31:21 am »
i just had to buy a new laptop due to my old one blowing up and this one has windows vista basic installed (which i think is crap) and it connects winmx but i try to download something and it disconnects itself... anyone with any ideas id be greatfull to hear them, ive tried just about everything.  :?

Offline Vol

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 07:34:57 am »
Full Specs:
QX6700 @ 3.2GHz (water)
4GB Crucial Ballistix @ 1250MHz
8800GTX @ Stock
EVGA 680i motherboard
2x20" Dell Monitors (MultiMonitor setup)
1.2TB of Storage (320GBx2 300GBx1 160GBx1 36GBx2-RAID0)
ASUS 802.11G WiFi card.

Networking setup:
Asus 802.11G Networking card connected to a Wireless router which is connected to my Modem.
I also connected (for troubleshooting) an Ethernet cable from my Motherboard to my Modem directly. Problems below still persist with both configurations.

OS: Windows XP MCE 2005 & Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (Legitimate retail version no hacked files etc)

WinMX Versions: 3.53 & 3.54 both with latest Group Patch.

Symptoms inside Windows XP MCE2005:
None everything works fine as expected.

Symptoms inside Windows Vista x64 Ultimate:
Primary Connection: WinMX connects fine via Primary, all connections work fine I can Upload/Download host users (People using Secondary Connection to get on the network) and enter chat rooms without problems of disconnecting (tested over several weeks)
Secondary Connection: WinMX connects but then the connection to the network drops over and over between 30 seconds to 2 minute intervals. When the connection is active I can download/upload and enter chatrooms but when the connection drops downloads halt (0.0kbps) and I drop from all chat rooms I am in.

Other information:
I tried changing my network configuration from Wireless to Wired using a router, a switch changing MTU settings all in vain to make Secondary Connection stable. Nothing worked (obviously)
Problems remain no mater what version of WinMX I use, 3.53 or 3.54 in both cases Primary connection works fine but secondary does not.

Other software in use:
Nod32 Vista compatible anti-virus -I tried WinMX before I installed this program, problems still persisted.
iTunes -Again installed  this only after I tried WinMX problems still persisted.
Firefox -WinMX Problems remained before and after installation
-- No other applications installed at this time --

If you need any more information I would be happy to include that and test any potential fixes. At the moment I can run WinMX fine under Primary but obviously it uses bandwidth hosting secondary connected peers and my ISP doesn't give me much upload bandwidth to work with in the first place so I prefer a Secondary Connection.

Thanks -Vol

KM

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 09:06:51 pm »
as a temporary fix for secondary use patch 2.2 with winmx 3.53 - make sure you remove the current patch first (the 2.2 installer won't do it) - obviously there's no filtering but it should work

and for primary 3.0 seems to work fine for most people so that should be OK

i have yet to identify the problem itself but i think it's somewhere in the hooking data to filter it - for some odd reason whenever i try to debug it my MX refuses to connect at all, even if the debugging function is completely empty, so this might take a while

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 10:11:14 pm »
Well just been having a read on this, seems thier is problems using vista and SSH. The reason is that in order for it to keep a conection it must have keep alive sessions, their is a update for the explorer to have these keep alive sessions active as they are currently set to off. dont know if this has any impact on secondry connections probably doesnt but ill keep looking.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

vixen

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 11:15:49 pm »
ive found winmx version 3.53 (which i havent installed yet) but cant seem to find the 2.2 patch?. Also when i first installed the newest version of winmx on my new computer when i closed it for the first time a window popped up saying it hadnt installed properly...and had a choice of saying yes it did or no it didnt the second time i around i chose no it didnt but still didnt change anything. Im also finding that i cant uninstall it????? i go to add/remove programs and its not in the list????. All i can do is delete it  

KM

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 08:02:02 am »
httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/KingMacro/WinMX%20Connection%20Fix/Install-2.2.exe
or if you already have winmx 3.53 installed then
httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/KingMacro/WinMX%20Connection%20Fix/Install-2.2-noMX.exe

uninstall icon is in the start menu not add/remove programs (that way it can be cleanly removed by just deleting stuff, unlike most things which leave all sorts of rubbish if you try and just delete them)

and the thing asking if it installed comes up every time you install any program on vista... yes it is stupid, and no microsoft probably don't care that it's annoying, if they cared about annoying screens coming up all the time then you wouldn't have to click allow on 10 different security prompts every time you want to do something...

vixen

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 10:16:04 am »
oh ok, thank you so much that seems to have fixed it... (fingers crossed) :)

Offline AT85

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 11:21:53 pm »
Acer Aspire
Home Premium edition of Vista
WinMX 3.54 beta 4

Connection only lasts a minute at most and if managed to get to download connection stage it will come up with a 314 error

Offline Vol

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 03:20:53 pm »
Usiong the older patch mentioned earlier in the thread and WinMX 3.53 fixed the secondary connection issue tofr me. Thanks allot guys :) It takes a long time to connect but once it does, it's rock solid.

joeinwyo

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 03:48:53 pm »
using the 3.53 with 2.2 patch does get me connected and is a solid connection, however now nobody can download from me, kinda hard to do trades this way, any suggestions???

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 05:23:32 pm »
For all those who installed older patches (2.x)
Remove winmx rules from your firewalls and upon starting winmx, say ok to allow it access to the internet. Alternatively manually add it after removing winmx from the list
Many firewalls don't like version changes. I should think that that might be the cause of no connections at all.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline AT85

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 06:55:18 am »
I tried all tips and still getting nothing

You can search for a total of 20 seconds and then reset or if you get a download it will reset once it goes to incoming connection and won't come back

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Vista - Problems With WinMX

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx