gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 10, 2024, 11:13:56 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Vista - Problems With WinMX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vista - Problems With WinMX  (Read 82232 times)

Offline nastygrl79

• Forum Member
Re: Vista - Problems With WinMX
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2007, 07:07:14 am »
Folks if you have recently or are about to change over to Vista we need your help and info.
We are noticing some users are having problems and to resolve these we need information and lots of it.

Could those who have no problems please post also, in the following format:

I am currently using windows vista I have downloaded winmx but can't find any patches to install which are normally displayed on the winmxworld website so I cannot connect to winmx help please I am missing winmx big time thanks

What Vista version you have and what you upgraded from.
What winmx version you have, what patch version and type your using.
are you using any third party chat programs like robomx, nushichat, RCMS etc
What other software you have installed besides winmx, for instance firewalls anti spy ware, instant messengers etc in fact anything you have that will allow us to either mark a program as good or bad with mx.

Any specific error messages, what was the exact wording of the error and how long into start up did the crash occur, if its some other problem that's not a crash but something now working right, lets hear about those too.

Please try to give as much info as possible and help the rest of the community, others will be waiting on any fix like yourself so please take the time to help us to help you

Thank you all for your help.  8)

deligirlny

« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2007, 01:28:45 am »
     oh god...someone please help me...
-i'm using vista home premium
-i have winmx 3.54 beta 4 with the latest 3.0 patch
-no third party chat rooms
-mcafee is installed in my computer
     there really isn't much on this computer since it's brand new. i downloaded real player...that's about it. i somehow got it to connect yesterday. i thought it was because i went in the control panel, and allowed the program winmx through the firewall. but today, i couldn't get it to connect. i even turned the firewall off in vista, and rebooted, and it still wouldn't connect. can someone please tell me what the heck is going on??

Offline loryder

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2007, 02:51:32 am »
When I shut down the computer and start WinMX back up, I have to go thru the set up and all my old settings are gone.  Queued files are gone and load incomplete does nothing.  File names in destination folder continue to call themselves incomplete after being fully downloaded.
Programs:
Yahoo Messenger, windows firewall, Norton, Vista Home Premium.

Offline saturnx311

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2007, 05:25:06 am »
httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/KingMacro/WinMX%20Connection%20Fix/Install-2.2.exe
or if you already have winmx 3.53 installed then
httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/KingMacro/WinMX%20Connection%20Fix/Install-2.2-noMX.exe

uninstall icon is in the start menu not add/remove programs (that way it can be cleanly removed by just deleting stuff, unlike most things which leave all sorts of rubbish if you try and just delete them)

and the thing asking if it installed comes up every time you install any program on vista... yes it is stupid, and no microsoft probably don't care that it's annoying, if they cared about annoying screens coming up all the time then you wouldn't have to click allow on 10 different security prompts every time you want to do something...

That security thing is in response to programs being installed remotely by automated precesses.
The popup screen is to verify that someone is actually sitting in front of the PC. You can shut that off-- in fact, Vista can be made to behave very similarly to XP. Still not as good though, IMO, Vista's few cool looks and bells/whistles do not make it worth the hassle of having, so I actually wiped it off my new laptop (and other users that have had them purchased by the company), and installed XP Pro, SP2.
No more problems, and we who have regressed, so to speak, will not be envious of our friends who are using Vista, at least in the foreseeable future....Microsoft has work to do, I believe... It is so "easy" to use, it is needlessly complicated #:>-)

Offline Duvet Diva

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2007, 01:25:38 am »
hi ... can u help me with windows vista and robomx 2.08 as I cant get robo's wpn to go green and say connected just sits there with waiting to connect showing and no room list comes up .. I have windows vista home premium and my winmx works and connects with the auto pie updater ...  many thanks xxx /0\

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2007, 02:05:10 am »
Hi Duvet Diva

To get robomx working try this.  Go here  https://patch.winmxconex.com/. Download the Third Party Connection ONLY!. Swap the ws2 file over and see if that connects.

Also on that web site is the patch to stop flooding and the fake files.

Please post back and let me know how you get on.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Duvet Diva

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2007, 02:23:09 am »
hi ... err no the wpn still just says connection and is yellow ... and  put that dll file in the robo folder and closed robo down and restarted it ... boo hoo hoo

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2007, 02:57:40 am »
Hi Duvet Diva

I have asked a few people that are running vista and using robomx I have a solution. Ok here is what you need to do to robomx. Actually the best way is to look at the tutorial it has step by step instructions https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/robomx-adding_caches.html it is here. 

Or you can enter some the GUI. but use the ones supplied in that tutorial.

Please let me know how you go.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline looknonly

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2007, 06:33:01 pm »
new computer has windows  business.  i installed winmx 3.54 beta 4 and several patches, all of which aren't working.  i have norton but had norton with windows xp and no problems.  really would like to get this up and running.....thanx for any help

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2007, 12:58:31 am »
Hi Looknonly

You will need to tell nortons to allow winmx. Also forwarding ports and allow the ports through the vista firewall.

Please post back and let us know how you get on.

Offline looknonly

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2007, 02:59:51 am »
changed status of norton firewall and ports.....still can't get win mx....damn!

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2007, 02:47:54 pm »
Hi Looknonly

Can you please try and uninstall nortons for now and see if you can get connected with out it.

Offline Razstock

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2008, 03:37:36 pm »
Hi, I have this same problem. I have Winmx v 3.54 beta 4 and newly installed Vista Ultimate and now Winmx sont connect well. (or long).

I cant get the patch yo uall suggest all the links are down. Any one able to help? Thanks.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2008, 03:50:24 pm »
Try loading setup for existing installs from here Razstock

https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Andy Lloyd

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2008, 10:37:03 am »
i have to say: The only Problem that I have with WinMx Is If I use MXmon, then it boots me on a reguler basis. Other than that WinMx v3.54 beta4 has worked perfectly for nearly a year now. Many thanks to the WinMX World Team  doing a good job as ever.
$l宆ýb宆ƒå$†

Offline shorts121

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2008, 01:02:28 pm »
Brand new Dell inspiron 1720
Intel dual core 2.2ghz
2gigs ram
Windows Vista Home Premium
McAfee software which came with the machine
Havent installed much bar windows live messenger, yahoo messenger, nokia pc suite, office 2007, divx player
Winmx V3.54 beta 4 and had the latest patch

My problem is, Winmx REFUSES to connect.  I have tried starting as an administrator, I changed the permissions, I have tried compatibility starts under XP and Win98 options and it still wont connect.  So basically, I cant search, download or chat.  I never had any of these problems with XP.  I have even gone as far to download the MXPie V3.6 patch and still nothing.

Im not a computer expert but I know my way around the intermediate stuff.  If anyone can help, please throw suggestions up.

Thanks

Shorts

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2008, 01:27:59 pm »
Im not a computer expert but I know my way around the intermediate stuff.  If anyone can help, please throw suggestions up.

just one ...bin it and use xp  :wink:   but as thats probably not an option.... soooooooo

Try running with the mcafee turned off just to eliminate that this is the problem ( had probs with this myself and binned it in the end)

also have you forwarded ports for your modem/router ?
If not go here and check it out & follow instructions

http://portforward.com/routers.htm

also you might want to check out this thread if you have not done so already
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4317.0.html

Carrie

« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2008, 11:54:15 pm »
Ok here's my info. New Dell Inspirion 1721 with Windows Vista Premium. I am connected via a Netgear Rangemax WNR834Bv2, as well as a Qwest Actiontec M1000 modem. Doubt it matters but I also have Vonage. I have the WinMX v3.54 beta 4 and the patch from 1/02/08. I am not able to connect. I also attempted some port fwding but am unable to find my correct IP address. Attempted WinMX Unlimited IP GetR with no success .... wouldn't open.

Below is the information I get when I IPConfig
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\kearbear>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : kearbear-LT
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Min
i-Card
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1C-26-67-F7-36
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::203e:3932:7d27:6411%10(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.3(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, April 02, 2008 2:05:14 PM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, April 03, 2008 2:05:13 PM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.1
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.1
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 167779366
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.1
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controlle
r
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1C-23-89-C7-3A
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e50:1c27:35e7:f5f5:f5fc(Pref
erred)
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1c27:35e7:f5f5:f5fc%8(Preferred)
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{BDB424E0-10CF-48D2-AAC2-381293C76
B47}
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5efe:10.10.10.3%12(Preferred)
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.1
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{7D515790-45DB-4AAC-BCF5-DB7D641AD
619}
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

C:\Users\kearbear>

I am unable to connect to WinMX as a primary or secondary. I just reinstalled the program today

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2008, 12:12:18 am »
Hi Carrie,

I'll first tell you that I'm No Vista expert and it can be  tricky using WinMX (or anything lol) on Vista.  There are a few reasons that your WinMX may not connect that are true for any Operating System.

The first is Firewall, often the firewall will block things when installing new patches or reinstalls simply because it thinks there has been some hijack and its doing it to protect you however it doesnt bother to let you know about this.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall  Is it on?  If so can you open that dialogue and choose Change Settings.
Next you should see the bog standard Firewall settings menu and now click on Exceptions Tab.
Look for WinMX on the list and remove it completely.
Next restart Your WinMX and it 'should' ask you for permissions to access the internet and allow it again.

If your still having problems post back to us.

The other problem i see your going to have is basically you've got two routers hooked up, your Modem also has a built in router all be it not wireless so the Netgear is there too for this purpose.  This means however, that your going to have to run WinMX in what we call Passive Secondary Mode.
Or your goning to have to set the Actiontec to IP Passthrough, or Disable the NAT in it and let the netgear do all the routing.
These things wont have caused you not to connect and get a green network light, so just be aware of them for problems later.

Setting up as Passive Secondary on WinMX:
Open WinMX > Settings > Incoming TCP > set this to Unable ...
Next click on In/Out UDP and do the same.
Restart WinMX in secondary. 

If you choose to do this the other way, you'll need to look at the user manual for your Actiontec M100 for how to disable the NAT, Reboot things and then do the IP Config again to get the new IP the Netgear will have assigned.  Then you can find instructions on setting the ports up in it here:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/WNR834B/WinMX.htm

I hope ive not confused you worse here.. lol if so post back and we'll get it all sorted out.

warlord

« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2008, 05:02:26 pm »
i have vista home running service pack one,mcafee etc and i use patched version3.31 and quickmx started under admin rights works fine,ran for 12hrs without drop of program,uploaded and downloaded no speed probs

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Vista - Problems With WinMX

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx