gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:55:12 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Vista - Problems With WinMX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vista - Problems With WinMX  (Read 82180 times)

KM

Re: Vista - Problems With WinMX
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 07:55:16 am »
did you try the tip mentioned in this thread... remove 3.0 and install 2.2?

PoPpY

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 12:54:12 pm »
Just like to say I have been using vista for 2 weeks now I think its best thing since sliced bead lol yeah I bought new pc 2weeks ago had vista business installed then installed winmx 3.53 (dont like features on 3.54) re did router an hey presto i havent had a single prob with winmx i get primary i can open fx room run bots all games work etc thort i share with u as you asked for info from ppl who werent having probs with it :D

Offline AT85

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 05:19:51 am »
installed WinMX version 3.53 and patch 2.2, got no secondary connection and primary connection connects with no search ability

Offline AT85

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 06:03:14 am »
correction it now works takes a while to connect but everything functions although it taken a while to get a successful download

Offline Vol

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 10:41:08 am »
What is different between the 3.0 and 2.2 group patch to make it work on secondary on 2.2 but not on 3.0?

Does the fact that it works on one and not the other mean you can issolate the issue and release a newer fully compatible patch?

I really appreciate the help so far your doing a great justice to the WinMX community with the ongoing support.

KM

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 09:17:20 pm »
no, the difference means that the main features of 3.0 (the reason that an update would even be needed rather than simply using 2.2) need removing to fix it (ie. turning it back in to 2.2)

winmx has one issue that i did identify which causes it to sometimes fail without the patch (using alternate redirection methods such as DNS hijacking etc), which the patch happens to fix (yes, i accidentally fixed a bug before knowing it existed), however 3.0 then somewhere in the mountain of code for filtering etc introduces some other problem that i can not identify.

i managed to get enough debugging info from it to tell me all i need to know about the interaction between winmx and the patch... and it's telling me everything is fine and there is absolutely no reason for winmx to be disconnecting... erm...

HIGH ENERGY

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 09:28:19 pm »
Just bought a toshiba satellite notebook with vista and McAffee that seems to be very protective.
I got iTunes
        Firefox
        photoshop 6.0 (dinosaur, but works with no problems)
        Blackberry Desktop Manager
That's about it for aliens to vista. All of them work fine so far, it has been a couple weeks.
 WinMX I just got a few min ago from winmxgroup.com - the latest version with patch...
KEEPS RESTARTING THE CONNECTION  :(

bones38506

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 08:25:20 pm »
i running windows vista 32bit-home basic i paid for this winmx and i can't download hardly any music it keeps re-connecting and timing out i have a speedstearm router i have my mcafee turn off i am also running yahoo instant mess. i have winmx 3.54 beta 4 with a 3.0 patch it does not help me at all

KM

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 09:22:02 pm »
paid... not another one fell for a scam site... winmx is completely free

anyway, try https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4360.0.html for an attempt at a fix, let us know if it worked (waiting for feedback on if it works or not, this is completely untested, the first thing i've ever released without being able to test it myself first)

narcosis

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 08:30:19 pm »
i have windows vista basic  i dl winmx 3.54beta and it ran fine for a 2 days then started crashing and i mmean all the way down so i droped to 3.53 and still the same thing it wont run for more than 2 min then shuts down and all it tells me is to dl the newist version of winmx even with the beta platform

Dewight

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2007, 04:32:34 pm »
I can download but when the file is finished it wont get rid of the incomplete label. I can't delete the file from my music folder from winmx 3.54, have to manually delete the file from my folder. Can't view my music folder from my opening incoming folder under the transfer tab.  I use a primary connection. I use Vista Home Premium. Other than that I haven't experienced any downloading problems.

oneton

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 05:31:18 am »
ok this is the way it works  lol ..... i use 3.54beta 4  and with vista and winmx  i have had no issuses ..... how ever acsii name maker and vista not compatable ...i am admin in one of the rooms on winmx and a few of my mebers have vista and have not had problems with winmx and vista

edinburghlady

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2007, 06:39:48 pm »
I have windows vista basic home version.            and all my complete downloads say incomplete also the upload incomplete button doesnt work............every time i come off and then go back on i have to start a fresh with every file im downloading.

Clint

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2007, 07:09:14 pm »
using Vista home premium

only problem i have with winmx on Vista is that it wont let me access the Incoming Folder as it tells me that access is denied.

I would like to know how and why seeing as i am the only one that uses this computer
"

Offline Andy Lloyd

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2007, 10:46:55 am »
You have to give yourself Administration permissions. Right click on the WinMX shortcut icon and click on Run As Administrator. If all else fails, go find your Incoming folder ( this is in MY Music as default), right click on the folder icon and click share.
Hope this helps
$l宆ýb宆ƒå$†

Offline camarojohn

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2007, 05:13:34 pm »
tried most if not all suggestions and nothing.Have a new Dell with vista home premium pre installed.
                                                    2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
                                                    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, English
                                                    256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro
right now i wouldn't recommend vista to anyone,very few programs I have will run.Right now using my old computer with xp.
CamaroJohn

Offline metaldoc316L

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2007, 10:30:35 pm »
well, i really can't complain with the performance of winmx with vista. the only problems i've had so far is playing some of the video's.  audio and video's out of sync. lokks nlike a godzilla movie. have to convert most to dvd format with nero first. winmx's is doing good here.
i'm running a mx6214 laptop(gateway) just stock. ran through the ehernet connecter hooked into a scientific atlanta  dpx 2203 cable modem.  laptops got a celeron m.
running with the norton internet security and whwtever firewall the vista's got.
been running b4 i upgraded to vista on the xp platform and now on vista it's still doing okay. oh, and i also run pc pitstop optimize to tweek it occasionally, as far as the internet settings . don't have a clue what it does, and regi mechanic. that's about it. :shock:

KM

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 02:07:57 am »
when i tried out vista (to check out the bugs with winmx on it) one of the things i had serious problems with was trying to play video files... there are issues with it using many codecs, and a lot of hardware, combine the issues and you get quite a few problems playing things

i had to have 3 players installed, windows media player played them all fine but for some of them the sound kept cutting out after a minute or so, winamp played some of them fine, but some played half speed, and media player classic played some fine but others cut out... thankfully all the videos i tried playing during that month ran on at least one of them but it was a right pain having to try sometimes all 3 players before a video would actually play properly

..and VLC didn't play anything at all, vistas DRM i suspect as it opened them fine just the display got screwed up trying to play them

Zack

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 08:12:35 pm »
ok.. so with vista.. my screen name in chat just changes on its own? =/ whats with that...? and does anyone know how to fix it??

KM

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2007, 05:06:28 am »
hu?

you mean the last 5 digits of the name?

that's because of the constant disconnects, try using the vista patch...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Vista - Problems With WinMX

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx