gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 03:13:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Vista - Problems With WinMX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vista - Problems With WinMX  (Read 82077 times)

Dewight

Re: Vista - Problems With WinMX
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2007, 03:57:11 am »
Ok, I've been downloading good for a while with 3.54 beta 4. Now it shuts down randomly and I don't know why and I can only download one song disconnect  reconnect download one song and disconnect. I continue to get this Error Negoiating (314) message that I have never seen before. Can you help with this problem?

I have Windows Vista Home Premium
Dell
Intel Core 2 processors 2.4ghz
2g memory
32 bit OS
I use MCAFEE antivirus

KM

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2007, 11:53:28 am »
are you using the vista patch from the other thread, or the normal patch from winmxgroup.com?

Dewight

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2007, 02:24:50 pm »
I've been using the patch from the winmxgroup.com. Were do I get the vista patch? Is it the one from tester needed tab?

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2007, 06:17:58 pm »

Dewight

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2007, 10:42:00 pm »
Thanks, Now everything is working perfectly.

Smeags

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2007, 10:17:18 am »
I'm really hoping someone can help me out here. I have NEVER had a computer problem I couldn't fix but I am really stumped right now. Last comp died so I got a new one... Vista. I'm also using a router instead of a modem (if there really is a difference) , right, my problem...

I have installed winmx and  it didn't work... no searches, no chat, nothing.
I have tried everything on this list... no difference.
I have disabled my firewall... no difference.

Could someone please be really specific and tell me what I need to do?
I am just about to uninstall winmx again and I'll leave it alone until someone can help cause I sure as heck can't get it working myself. Thanks for any and all help.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2007, 01:02:36 pm »
Hi Smeags :)
Your problem is hopefully simply the router. Winmx needs you to forward ports through your router so that it can connect alright.

You need to forward ports in your router.
Go to www.portforward.com and see your router model there in the router's section.
A tutorial will be given there on how to forward ports for winmx there
Port defaults are:
TCP 6699
UDP 6257
You can forward ports for any other number you might like
After you have done so, go to winmx>settings>Incoming TCP and set the option to listen to port xxxx (the port number you forwarded for TCP)

Same for winmx>settings>UDP in out. Again set the option to listen to xxxx (the UDP port number you forwarded)

You should then be able to connect to primary. Check if your download and uploads run ok and if you get search results and chatroom results.
http://winmx.dnsalias.com:801/scan.py
Go to this page and double check if they ar forwarded ok...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Bryan L

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2007, 06:21:27 pm »
Was having all kinds of different problems with winmx and monitor - have installed the km patch now seems to be working - thank you ......running vista ,amd athalon duel processor with 2 gig mem ...thanks again ...

Gerald

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2007, 03:01:44 am »
I have vista and am not able to down load anything. The program seems to be working ok. I can search and get results but can never get anything to download. I am runnning winMX v3.54 beta 4

I use PC Cillin internet security 14 from dell. I didn not install the trend micro firewall. I only use windowsa firewall.  I dont have a problem connecting either as primary or secondary. Only that nothing will download. I have setup a static ip and all of that seems ok.

I dont know what else to do ?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks
Gerald

Smeags

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2007, 09:39:54 am »
OMG it was never this hard on XP with a regular modem.
Right, I tried what SamSeeSam said (the most complicated thing I have ever done in my life, rofl) but it still doesn't work. On the bit where you put the IP # into the IE bar to get to your router... It all went wrong from there. The instructions didn't match what was on my screen so I couldn't go any farther. I managed everything else... the static ip... it's almost commited to memory now but WinMX still won't work, I could cry. Please, Please, Please can you help me a bit more before I have to pay someone to come and do it for me :O(

KM

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2007, 09:51:18 am »
you sure you were looking at the instructions for the right make and model?

if they don't have the specific model then a similar one is normally roughly the same... failing that the general procedure is roughly the same for them all

put the IP Address of the default gateway in to your address bar
find the port forwarding page (sometimes hidden under NAT or Advanced or similar)
add entries for the 2 ports (default 6699TCP 6257UDP, but whatever your MX is set to) forwarding to your computers IP Address
save
test

Sunbob

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2007, 12:19:27 pm »
Hi,using Vista Basic 1 gig memory,54b4 and 3.3-3.54b4 versions lock the pc .needs a reboot,

Cyclops

Re: Vista - Problems With WinMX From XP Pro To Vista Ultimate
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2007, 02:41:33 pm »
As someone who works in computer software repair there are numerous issues with WinMX on Windows Vista.  Both myself and the agency i work for upgraded from  XP Professional to Vista ultimate.  The following is a list of several issues that I have discovered with program incompatibility.  Since installing WinMX, extensive problems have occurred, including failure to boot or re-boot, freezing up at start up, shut down, and having to run System Restore to a point before the installation.  However the most annoying issue with Vista is the "User Account Control" feature constantly popping up whenever the WinMX program is started.  I have notified Microsoft of these issues. Save yourself the grief of this problem.  :x :x

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2007, 04:37:10 pm »
For everyone with vista and problems:

1.> Close winmx.

2.> Go to your winmx folder and delete a file called OLEDLG.DLL.

3.> Now download the file on this link:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4360.0;attach=1400
and put it in the folder in which the winmx.exe file is there

4.> If some connections problems occur, remove the firewall rules of winmx and re add them.

5.> Restart winmx and try connections on primary and secondary.

*Edit (Sam) Small correction to include extra info

Everyone, please read the testers needed topic and post backif you have other problems inspite of installing the patch and also telling if it worked or not

Patch link :

jokingtoo

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2007, 07:27:43 pm »
Running Vista Home Premium, McAfee Total Protection (Windows firewall disabled), Linksys WRT54GXv2.  Only chat/P2P WinMx 3.54b with OLEDLG patch.  Having same problems as previous threads with up/downloading and disconnects (especially on primary).  Port forwarding tests out O.K. at initial startup connection, but soon gives the foll. message for the TCP port ....TCP port xxxx is open, but wrong WinMX response. File operations (up/downloads and browsing) including chatroom hosting will probably fail due to this.
Don't know what WinMx response is supposed to be, so am at a loss.

Have been able to keep secondary up for up to 10-12hrs on a few occasions, altho' up/downloads have been timing out after a few mins.  Have been using MX for a number of years, but current problems are getting to be an issue :x.

edweird

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2007, 02:09:45 am »
Well hi there.

Woe is me.  I have a 2.2 gHz AMD 64-powered box w/ 2 giggles of RAM, (says Compaq SR1850NX on the front but contains a generic-looking motherboard - Asus, I vaguely recall) running 32-bit Vista, talking through a plain vanilla DSL router, and I can't get WinMX to do anything beyond finding a few search matches.  A download can be attempted, but it always just sort of hangs and eventually times out. 

A solution for this would be deeply, tearfully, soul-stirringly appreciated, so I can share with the world my pile of lovingly ripped vinyl LP tracks that span the greater universe of awful 70's shlock-rock.    ;-)

Thanks for your efforts!

-ed

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2007, 03:09:53 am »
For everyone with vista and problems:

1.> Close winmx.

2.> Go to your winmx folder and delete a file called OLEDLG.DLL.

3.> Now download the file on this link:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4360.0;attach=1400
and put it in the folder in which the winmx.exe file is there

4.> If some connections problems occur, remove the firewall rules of winmx and re add them.

5.> Restart winmx and try connections on primary and secondary.

*Edit (Sam) Small correction to include extra info

Everyone, please read the testers needed topic and post backif you have other problems inspite of installing the patch and also telling if it worked or not

* Samseesam *Starts counting the number of times he will have to quote himself
Patch link :

SnakeCharmer

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2007, 01:36:15 am »
Yeah I had problems runnin MX under Vista. The only way I found round it was to run MX in 98/ME compatable mode. Works ok now

Offline Diver

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2007, 06:32:34 pm »
Hi, I just bought a new Dell 1705 with Vista Business, WinMX version 3.54 beta 4 and a patch from https://www.winmxgroup.com/
Once I FINALLY made a connection to WinMX network I thought "GREAT! I'm in"... Not so.  It just constantly searches for results.  I'm unable to get any music.  How can I fix this?  Thanks

Offline Diver

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2007, 06:33:47 pm »
Hi SnakeCharmer, how do you run MX in 98/ME mode?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Vista - Problems With WinMX

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx