gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 02:35:32 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  new vista, no search results
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new vista, no search results  (Read 5690 times)

ms29zippy

new vista, no search results
« on: February 24, 2007, 04:05:57 pm »
Hi,

Have got Vista home Premium. Had loads of problems trying to connect  but was eventually able to get a primary connection by opening the ports. Problem now is I cant get any search results. Can search anything and nothing comes up. When i switch to secondary in my first search i do get results, any further searches and nothing comes up. I cant stay on secondary because vista disconnects me so i can rarely bring anything up on secondary. Any Ideas?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: new vista, no search results
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 04:43:23 pm »
hi Ms29zippy,

Welcome to the site, because of the issues with Vista we have a seperate section set up and I have moved your post here to hopefully get you better help and answers and for others as well.  You may want to have a look at this post

Vista Compatibility Issues

KM

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 08:45:57 pm »
did you forward the ports in your router? as no search results on primary is a UDP port issue

also if you have windows one live care or whatever it's called, when i ran that it broke absolutely every program on the system trying to use UDP with no way around it that I could see (not winmx specific, as all other programs i tried to use that used UDP, such as VoIP also had the exact same problem... about the only thing it allowed to work properly was web browsing... not very useful!)

Offline metaldoc316L

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 11:07:25 pm »
hey, just  had vista home prem. bout 3 weeks. it's working fine with winmx now.  when i had the no results deal i reinstalled the program, and it was okay. had problems trying to run mxmonitor, or so i think, took that out and just run the beta 4. been happy so far.

Offline scottishthistle

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 03:11:45 pm »
hi still no joy with timing out tryed firewall fix router fix and still on joy HELP!!

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 06:40:09 pm »
please check original post thistle as posting in several places the same problems will cause confusion and perhaps conflicting info

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  new vista, no search results

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx