gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:01:34 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Testers Needed
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Testers Needed  (Read 139870 times)

Offline jwalkingthunder

• Forum Member
Re: Testers Needed
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 02:29:22 am »
you need to do an compatibility check on the system

atab0u

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 03:19:04 am »
i show a screenshot(the phenomenon i reported is apearing) below.

if there is anything i should open to the public, please tell me what log i should open.

genxevo

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2007, 08:37:26 am »
system specs:
Intel E6300, 1gb DDR2 ram, Vista home premium

Using a secondary connection

was always disconnected within 5 minutes before the patch, now it works fine.
But when i click a search result file or resume a file i get that motherboard warning sound (a beep that doesn't come from the speakers, but the motherboard).
don't know if thats a winmx thing or my mobo thing.. but i'm pretty sure it didn't happen before i applied the patch

Lonnie

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 01:30:50 am »
Ok, when I first got my new computer, I d/led WinMX...Vista Home Basic. couldn't connect at all. Maybe something to do with the Vista Firewall? What ports 'should' be opened? Didn't have problems when I had my ME on old computer.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 04:04:50 am »
You need to open these ports by default:
TCP 6699
UDP 6257

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

genxevo

winmx system beeps
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 02:03:39 pm »
is anyone else getting the system beeps everytime they click a file??
anyone know how to fix?

it starting to get really annoying

DingusT

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 04:35:02 pm »
I'm running vista home premium, high speed cable, mcafee security. I have only one problem with this. I cant download the songs. it connects to winmx just fine on the primary not at all on the secondary. it will search just fine and bring the songs up just fine. I can click on them and it takes me to the transfers page and acts like its going to connect but always fails to connect to the song. I don't know how to fix this at all. I couldn't find any other post regarding this issue with vista.

KM

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 05:43:48 pm »
dingust: are you using the patch that this thread is about? or the normal one on the winmxgroup site?

DingusT

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2007, 07:00:18 pm »
the one that came with the download on the  v 3.54 beta 4 Verizon. or i thought i was. it used to say patch operational on the search screen. maybe i don't have any of the patch's. how do i figure this out?

rgn

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 05:20:14 am »
I have just upgraded to Windows Vista Business from XP Pro.  I was having issues with WinMX constantly restarting, not able to search or download.  I downloaded your patch and overlaid the original .dll as instructed.  Works great now!  THANKS!!!

rgn

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 05:21:39 am »
p.s.  that is on secondary

KM

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 01:18:47 pm »
the one that came with the download on the  v 3.54 beta 4 Verizon. or i thought i was. it used to say patch operational on the search screen. maybe i don't have any of the patch's. how do i figure this out?

there is a thread on this forum saying about a test patch that should fix it...

...it's this thread you are posting on right now!

TP

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2007, 09:49:17 pm »
HI,

After i installed the patch, my winmx worked fine. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium.

Thanks for the patch,

T.

Offline sassmacfru

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 03:14:44 am »
Hi,
I have vista home premium with MacAfee.  I installed the program and used your patch and so far everything seems to be working just fine!!  /0\
I suffer from Peter Panitis!

F

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 04:54:38 am »
Hi,

Am not techy at all but have been amazed by the WinMX community since it first went down, and how people have worked to create a solution so that others have it easier. I would love to be able to help out with solutions and debugging but even downloading patches and overlaying them onto different files is a challenge for me, so I will just stay in my rolse as a grateful tester.

As you can guess, this means that after a frustrating time wondering whether my Internet connection was a bit funny I had the good sense to jump onto the WinMX site and since then have had all problems solved.

If altruistic people like sabre, author and other WinMXers were Presdients, there would be less fighting on this planet!

Thanks guys!

tq rose

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 05:05:25 pm »
I just picked up a laptop and it has vista home , i cannot stay in a room longer than 5 min and i have no file results in a search ,some of the problem could be that i cant seem to get the port issue figured out , but last time i had a laptop and ran a router i didnt have this problem as bad so i thought maybe its vista . but exactly what do i have to do with the patch it wont let me open it . im totally lost . ty
t.q. rose

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 06:05:20 pm »
In your winmx folder, you'll see a file called oledlg.dll.
Delete that file and put the one km's posted here and run winmx

Patch link :

Spring

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 12:19:39 am »
Thank You, Thank You, THANK YOU!  I've been trying to get Winmx to work on my new Vista System for 3 days....happened upon your patch, downloaded it, and BAM...I started downloading instantly.  I can't tell you how happy I am!! Thank you so much!

Spring

t.q. rose

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 05:04:16 pm »
Okay I got the patch in the folder , and deleted the old patch , and now my mx dont connect at all , before with the original patch i connected and could go to a room for like 3 min , but with the patch from km i think it was , it wont even connect or bring up and rooms , or anything . im totally lost , i need help figuring out the router and this vista problem , should i take this back and get a laptop with xp in it . ????  going insane for sure about  it .  :(   
ty t.q.rose

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 05:33:21 pm »
After you updated the dll, remove the firewall rules and re add them Many don't like version changes and will block it without informing you.
Not connecting is an indication that something is altogather blocking winmx from connecting to the internet ...

Patch link :

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Testers Needed

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx