gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 08, 2024, 02:12:29 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Testers Needed
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Testers Needed  (Read 139940 times)

Offline handyman999

• Forum Member
Re: Testers Needed
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2007, 04:45:03 am »
I enjoyed winmx for years on my old computer (O/S was and is XP) but my processor was slowing up exponentially and the CD drive wasn't  properly burning discs so I decided to go VISTA 32 bit for my primary computer while using my oldie for a paper weight.  I am glad I didn't toss it because it is still the only machine that can log onto ANY P2P and function properly albeit agonizingly slowly.  I am using Verizon Fiber Optic with direct input for my Vista equipped and router for my XP.   I have tried the .dll patch offered but to no avail.  I have tried addressing "compatability issues" by restructuring on Compatability Wizard.  I STILL CANNOT GET MORE THAN TWO MINUTES OF TIME BEFORE MY CONNECTION IS RESET.  This only happens when I attempt to download a song.  Queries are not affected.  Once I try to download, each and every new song brings about a connection reset.  My XP machine all the while is downloading music like nobody's business and allowing uploads from others. 

I have tried other P2P's (Gnutella, Morpheus, Kazaa, etc.) on my VISTA even though I find them hideous to use when compared to Winmx and HAVE HAD THE SAME RESULTS WITH CONNNECTION DISRUPTION. 

Can you offer any assistance or am I doomed to use a slow, unreliable, seven year old computer for all eternity just to fulfill my music needs?

srvOhio

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2007, 01:56:31 pm »
I downloaded the OLEDLG.DLL and replaced the one in my winmx file and it worked :D
Before that with Vista...winmx would reconnect over and over..Problem is now fixed. Thanks

datmo_637duck9684

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2007, 04:40:17 pm »
So,this OLEDLG .DLL patch is just for ones who are using secondary connections is that it?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2007, 05:11:14 pm »
Yes. It will work for primary as well...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

datmo_637duck9684

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007, 05:23:18 pm »
Ok,so why does one need to download this OLEDLG file? What is it for? I thought it was just for secondary and what good will it do if you are on primary?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2007, 05:32:48 pm »
This won't do any "good" as such.
Just that if you suddenly want to stitch ovver to primary instead of secondary, this patch will still ensure that you do not get fake files by allowing you to connect to only those primaries who have the dll patch....

Patch link :

KM

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2007, 02:13:53 am »
on primary there is still the disconnect issue - if you look at the bandwidth graph you'll probably see that it's very unstable

however because on primary winmx stays connected to several other primaries you probably won't notice it as much (if one disconnects, it's still connected to others anyway, so stays working... just constantly cycling the connections)

this patch should give more stable primary connections as well, it's just not quite as urgently needed for primary, as primary will work without it

driftking

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2007, 05:25:58 pm »
Downloaded dll and it worked right away. im running vista 64. awesome thanks km

c4u31

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2007, 09:21:48 pm »
Installed on Vista Ultimate and this patch works fine.  I'm trying since 2 weeks on winmx 3.54b4, patch 3.4. Winmxmonitor 128eb doesn't work with incoming file trading. Works with outgoing file trading.  

cky9979

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2007, 09:56:41 pm »
I got it working on my HP. Vista Premium :D

Sunkist Veno

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2007, 11:15:56 pm »
Sorry it doesn't work for me either  :(

Tobassco Hoss

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2007, 02:22:54 pm »
Re: Vista suddenly likes WinMX,  

I've noticed that when installing (or re-installing) programs I had to right click the (set up) file and "Run as administartor" to install properly, even though the only user account on the PC has administator rights.  And then after install, Right click whatever Icon was placed on the desktop and "run as administrator" several times.  And then, after several "runs as" a standard double click is all it takes to launch whatever icon  or file .  I think its a safety feature against malware and such.

P.S.  anybody else find it spooky as to how much advanced properties information is now associated with a file in Vista?

My system

AMD 64 3500+
Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI  motherboard
2GB Ram
NVidia 6600 GT
(4x) 160GB Sata disk drives, Raid 0 config
Dual Boot Config  w/ XP Pro & Vista Ultimate 64bit

Haven't installed WinMX on the 64 bit OS, doubt if I will.

genxevo

winmx system beeps
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2007, 12:36:55 pm »
is there a way to completely uninstall? i want to do a new install without the patch and see if i still get the system beeps every time i click a file in winmx. i tried using the unistall prog in win mx and then re-installing but the new install says "patch operational" up top even though i hnever copied the patch dll into the winmx folder

KM

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2007, 01:57:51 pm »
that's probably just the entry in the hosts file left behind, edit the file c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and remove the www.winmx.com line

you can just remove the oledlg.dll file from the winmx directory to remove the patch, that will then leave you with just a normal unpatched winmx

mathew

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2007, 10:20:44 pm »
can u give me direct link for the patch email matstewart1@optusnet.com.au or any 1 please

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
Patch link :

Offline royaltiger

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2007, 09:54:55 am »
I can connect as a primary but cannot upload or download, connection times out and there are no chat channels, also could not search any files on winmx peer but on opennap files became available

vista ultimate oem
asus P5N32-SLI Premium motherboard
4GB Buffalo Ram
Intel Core Duo E6600 Processor 2x2.4Ghz
2 x 250GB Maxtor Hard Drives on Nvidia Raid
Nvidia GeForce 7900GS Graphics Card 512 mb
Creative Soundblaster Audigy
vista firewall
avg 7.5

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2007, 10:30:52 am »
http://winmx.dnsalias.com:801/scan.py

go there and see if your ports are ok or not.
As this is a sympton of closed ports

Patch link :

Offline royaltiger

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2007, 01:09:43 pm »
went back to basics, disconnected Linksys wireless router WRT54G V5 and connected broadband  directly into pc and everything works using v3.54 beta4, so its a router problem and configuring somewhere alomg the line

Stribs

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2007, 11:16:07 pm »
Can someone now explain the procedure.... idiots guide style step by step.........

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Testers Needed

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx