gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 07:36:58 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Latest FXServer Beta
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Latest FXServer Beta  (Read 5824 times)

Offline hesterloli

• Forum Member
Latest FXServer Beta
« on: March 11, 2007, 03:17:50 pm »
I was able to get the FXServer at somebody else's site since it seems the developer's is down.  Anyway it is FXServ 1.3.10 Beta11 by Fede83.  I would like to use the /Replace command.  The trouble is if I put
/Replace lol=Laughing Out Loud then my name hesterloli becomes when typed in the chat
hesterLaughing Out Loadl.  Can't have that.  So I though the other option there in Replace "Whole Word" should be Yes whereas the default is No.  Can anyone tell me the syntax to include in the /Replace command to get the "Whole Word" parameter to say, "Yes"?  Thanks.

Offline sIrMoOn

• Forum Member
Re: Latest FXServer Beta
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 05:10:46 am »
this isn't new to fx 1.3.10, but anyway the syntax you want is:

/replaceWhole lol=Laughing Out Loud

Offline hesterloli

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 02:36:37 am »
Hi I think I should go back where I belong not to be able to figure that out.  Thanks.  It looks like the developer's site is back online but most links don't work. I am having a problem with people who come into the chat room and abuse me.  I was able to stop them from coming in and changing things by becoming a Adimin.  You know one thing that would be really great is this:
/BlockK /login to bad we can't do /BlockK //login just doesn't work.  I am noticing now someone came into the room and without me being able to see what or how they did it got this
[Admin Msg] Sonya__is being kicked. Msg:
Then thier spam message then
they got kicked.  That is not good.  The spam msg should not be visible.  This is set in congig /setAdvOption FilterSpam=1 but you know it doesn't work if the spam msg itself is displayed even if it is shown by the [Admin Msg]  If anything those msgs should not be displayed at all in the room itself only in the FX Console.

KM

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 02:45:13 am »
erm, is there a reason you don't just change the password? if they don't know the password they can't kep logging in as admin with it and changing stuff...

Micromecca

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 09:58:54 pm »
also [Admin Msg] is only visible to users who have access to opmsg  :wink:

Offline hesterloli

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 11:20:30 pm »
Oh good thanks MicroMecca.  I didn't know I was the only one that could see the [Admin Msg].  Thanks heaps.  No they aren't logging in as Admin anymore and you know what?  They were able to change the room's description without logging in as admin.  So I have to remove some NTFS security permissions on the config.txt file also.  Well thanks I think all my questions have been very well answered.  Now someone maybe suggest to the developer to have an option that disallows remote admin logon.  That would really be nice.

Micromecca

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 12:13:43 am »
Am i correct in thinking from your comments, that someone on your local network is editing the config?  :?

Offline hesterloli

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 09:41:15 am »
Actually it was not someone on my local network.  It was a user of WinMX had a ip somewhere in the workd.  Yeah  buddy he was able to change the config so that it contained a second channel which was a room name he had made up.  I had to change the NTFS permissions on the  config file so that he couldn't do it again.  In other words I rerduced the permisons to Admin full rights; domain user and system to read only.  That fixed the problem.  He was able to log in with an account I could not identify and he did not use the password I used for admin.  See, it would be best to have a way to disable any user having the ability to /login since of course I don't need to do that because the box is checked that local user signs in automatically with Admin privledges.  Not having the ability to disable /login is a bad security risk.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 01:54:58 pm »
the security risk here looks to be your windows setup, have you done basic stuff like passwording all the user accounts, disabling the guest account etc. also a scan for spyware & trojans is highly recommended, i'd suggest you use an online scannerrather than a local one.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline hesterloli

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 03:41:11 pm »
Yeah that is OK.  It would be best and less work if the next FX Server was made so that /login could be disabled.

KM

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 04:17:14 pm »
that's like saying it's best if banks have an option to not let you use your bank account, then it doesn't matter that you put all your bank details and pin numbers/passwords/etc up on a huge banner on the front of your house... it would be less work than taking down the banner after all, therefore that would be "best" right?

it's also ignoring the quite obvious fact that if they can edit your config, then they can just enable logins at the same time as creating their login...

Offline hesterloli

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 06:57:21 pm »
I hear you but not really.  Of course I am the only one that needs to use the bank account.  Similarly I am the only one that needs to /login.  Hence what I am asking for is not the same since I don't even need to use the /login because the delevoper has made it so that local machine logs in automatically as admin.  If that wasn't the case then I would agree with you.  But it's not.

You see the trouble is that the user that changed my config used a methond of login that I was not able to identify.  He used /login and then what came after it I could not figure out what was used.  So I used NTFS permissions to stop the issure.  If /login was disabable then I wouldn't even have needed to come here about this issuse.  It would have been easily accomplished.

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 07:19:36 pm »
Eh, if you just switched to the better chat server (WCS) you could just hi-jack all the /login commands with your bot and have them handle them. So you could create your own method of turning them off if you really wanted to. But then again, seems a lot of people perfer to use the old crappy abandoned server anyways. Pretty sad when even the guy that made FXS gives up on it, that should tell you plenty right there.

Offline sIrMoOn

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 08:05:04 pm »
@ James:  FX still has several features WCS doesn't.

@ hesterloli:  If NTFS permissions stopped it, it has _nothing_ to do with /login in the server.  Put up a firewall.

Offline hesterloli

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 11:25:23 pm »
I have a firewall that was not the issue.  The issue was that the "hacker" knew a way to /login that was not clear to me.  I am not an expert on this FX Server so I just decided to end the issue and remove NTFS permissions on the config file so that the system could not make changes to the config file and the only user that could was the user that logged into the operating system which FX Server has no knowledge of.

I would have loved to kick any user that typed in /login but no deal.  I tried it.  Really though it wasn't much of an issue.  He gave up after a few attempts after I fixed it with the NTFS permissions.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Latest FXServer Beta

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx