gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 07:00:57 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  Tweaking minimum upload slots?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tweaking minimum upload slots?  (Read 8466 times)

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
Tweaking minimum upload slots?
« on: January 31, 2008, 11:17:24 pm »
I have allways wondered how some users do to sett their Winmx to have (0 of 0 available) upload slots

i offcorse tested without mutch honest hope to write a 0  :lol: in Queuing-settings instead of 1, but it resetted to 1 after opening the window again

so i guess thei are using some third party styff no? (cause yes these users truly use Winmx as client as we do)

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Re: Tweaking minimum upload slots?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 11:37:20 pm »
They are using the 0-0 hack script that was kicking about some time back and are nothing but leeches of other winmx users.
Why you would want to test this is beyond me as all this will do is make you a leech yourself......to keep winmx alive requires people to upload as well as download or in the end if we all was as selfish as these people there would be nothing to download at all 
Best thing to do if you come across these users is put them on ignore perhaps then they might learn that sharing is the best policy .....somehow i doubt it though.

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 01:14:27 am »
They are using the 0-0 hack script that was kicking about some time back and are nothing but leeches of other winmx users.
Why you would want to test this is beyond me as all this will do is make you a leech yourself......to keep winmx alive requires people to upload as well as download or in the end if we all was as selfish as these people there would be nothing to download at all 
Best thing to do if you come across these users is put them on ignore perhaps then they might learn that sharing is the best policy .....somehow i doubt it though.

I see, im not interesting in hacks and basicly im just curious, but i have to dissagre thath this are allways lecchers..atleast in the pretty small genre  i share files, in our chatrooms these people share over 1000 files often wery rare ones, thei act as serious as us other, but thei want to trade..such situations as we all can't avoid in the long run, i can understand your theory thath we all shall share, and i agree..but applied in the moore maninstream comersial alike-areas..like music for instance
however for Winmx:s best we have to protect some of our video files, why do i say thath?

Winmx has allways been a sourche for mega rare videos right, i would like it to remain thath accually..unfortentley i have seen this growing destructive threat from Emule  :x Winmx exclusive files emerge from time to time there, files thath have hade 0 sourches for years on Emule (its accually true thath almost everything on Emule comes from Winmx originaly) suddenley the file gets 200 sourches and every leecher in the world can get them and the file gets mainstream, it allways becomes a hard smack in the ass to us Winmx traders thath daily spends hours of trading and personaly monitor our queves to get the rarest of files thath people uploads specific to our community..and all work end up wasted later, and it could be caused by some Emule-sharer who got into the queve at night when you arent infront of the computer, but im not saying thath this hack is a good solution, its frustrating and offcorse Mx-monitor could be used against leechers instead (its not as safe only) im  just trying to explain here what i think these peoples opinion are, and thath is..thath Winmx is a file-unique network thath almost all people think is history by now, and thath only people who finds it shall have the files, and only people who share the same-area video-files shall have them, for instance i dont want thath somebody sharing 4000 music files for some reason would like to have my rare movie..later shall get it, thath i complete stand for..but understand if you dont see it thath way.

Well Emule whas no threat when this cheat emerged offcorse  :P but people whas before thei time in defence thinking i guess

Offline Mytheroo

• Forum Member
  • Wanna lick?
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 03:14:13 am »
this 'rare file' business seems a bit dodgy. If you don't want someone getting your file, don't share it..it's more honest than a 0-0 hack.

P.S. are you an Igor? ;-)
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 05:51:38 am »
I admit I don't understand the 'I only do trades' mindset. I currently share over 4800 rare files. The reason I share them is that I want other people to benefit from them and enjoy them. I personally download very little, so I'm not on MX for what I can get from it (much), but for what I can give. I don't say this to pat myself on the back, but to describe where I'm coming from.   

'Traders Only' end up only sharing with people who have collections like their own, which is self-defeating because the supply eventually dries up, then they leave MX because there is nothing new to be had. Then everyone is the poorer because what could have been a potentially useful resource has gone.

Traders Only are elitist in that they only share with those who fit their narrow criteria; with everyone else they are like the RIAA and ban sharing.

However, they are not bashful about downloading your files, hypocritically believing they have a right to them, since you are sharing. But why should you share with someone who refuses to share with you? I can't blame anyone for refusing to share with those who won't return the favor.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 07:03:21 am »
Agreed there Trestor winmx is an open comunity not exclusive to certain people if people are sharing then they should be granted the same rights by others
As for files turning up on other clients .....i personaly get most files from elsewhere to add to my winmx collection to share thus helping to expand winmx ...so if files turn up elswhere ... so what ...just add a text document to any ziped files/folders stating its from winmx that way it might just attract more people in the long run and help the whole comunity.

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 10:53:10 am »
this 'rare file' business seems a bit dodgy. If you don't want someone getting your file, don't share it..it's more honest than a 0-0 hack.

P.S. are you an Igor? ;-)

The trading situation on Winmx kind of emerge by its own existence
I would like to declare thath im not really satan myself thou :twisted: the difference is mainly the look on Winmx thath differse ourself here, i think thath if you wanna have a network where everyone can get everything on 5 minutes..Emule & DC++ is the choice, i dont think similar contenct shall be found on all file-sharing network in the world, then we really have the situation senior advicer (couldnt spell your name :)) talks about..people try go elswhere instead, why do we have different P2P soft from the start and not one big really?, it makes it feel so easy to get a file, i wanna fight for a file if i found out its rare, not later see it goes the easy way, however music you wanna get fasst and the most popular video stuff

It's not my mind thath have created this feelings on its own, i follow how other use Winmx and how the program-feutures are build up, and thoose feautures gain trading..thath is the truth, it was not my idea to promote MX-monitor and use it for trading..there are no similar tool for other P2P applications i know, the same with chatrooms, people dont end up use em to chat about the file-genre thath perhaps whas the thauth? it creates an internal exclusiv feeling where file paybacks and binded realations weigh moore than..some spreader-user you might cannot trust, the whole leecher-thinking can be swiched if thei only share complete different things, just some similarity however can justifie transfer, and offcorse thei can get files i know are not rare..and i allways know if thath is the case accually (probably other traders have this knolledge allso) but the user might think its rare  :P what he doesnt know he isnt harmed of

you know i allways research the files im interested in on Winmx, i start up Emule and do a search, cause the similar files are often to be found there allso..but thei have perm not full sourches there, if the file have full sourches however i dont need to get it from Winmx, cause its demands lesser work to dl from Emule cause you get part transfer from like 50 people, here you must ask for trades ore whait to be contacted..and to even thoose odds you have to share rare files so people get interested, this i have not either created,
I dont know why people in all times have choosen to share the rare files on Winmx specific? but probably cause of the small genre-chatrooms probably, let it be

ehm..Whats an Igor?  :)

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 11:11:33 am »
'Traders Only' end up only sharing with people who have collections like their own, which is self-defeating because the supply eventually dries up, then they leave MX because there is nothing new to be had.

this 'rare file' business seems a bit dodgy. If you don't want someone getting your file, don't share it

You share rare files cause its the only way to get rare files back on Winmx, and it goes round & round in this circle, and the rarines can work some years accually untill it gets mainstream..somethimes it never reached out,  its therefore the rare files will never dissapear from Winmx, there is allways something new out of print showing up cause people have here fait in the smaller group, one again..i dont use hacks and i have open slots, im just the theoretic ideologic here.. its others who goes the whole way

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 11:37:40 am »
sorry for bad spelling, i was in a hurry :9

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 06:10:19 pm »
Hi everyone

I think this whole concept of trade only is ridiculous, after all WinMX was created as a sharing network, for everyone, not any small group looking to create a monopoly on certain files, whether these files are common or rare. it's about sharing.

I only trade if its the only way to get a download, but I've downloaded more files just as a sharer than what what I have as a trader.

I have some rare files & I'm constantly adding more every 2/3 weeks (It takes me a while to copy, label & Albumwrap them) & I've had no complaints & get regular hits for them, but so far have avoided trading for them, I'll let people have them, as they are hard to obtain ones.

Respects to all & WinMX will live on, despite the minority who are trying to make it a trading station.

[post edited by Ghostship to remove caps only and edited to conform with forum rules regarding copyrighted content)
TRADING IS OK,
BUT A SHARER IS FAIRER.
"WINMX WILL NEVER DIE!!!"

Offline Mytheroo

• Forum Member
  • Wanna lick?
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 05:18:15 am »
An Igor ith a shervant to hith mathster, helping him withh all kindth oth mad ethsperimenths ;-)
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  Tweaking minimum upload slots?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx