gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 10:24:33 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS Time Problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WCS Time Problem  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
WCS Time Problem
« on: March 24, 2007, 02:02:01 am »
I'M currently using the latest beta of wcs 1.8  and ever since i applied the early day light savings time patch it's always an hour behind.  WinMX gets the time right, but wcs does not. Which proves that it is a problem with the way wcs gets the time.

Any ideas?
- Josh

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Re: WCS Time Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 09:21:03 am »
It's probably designed that way - I tried adjusting the time on the server manually once and promptly kicked everybody out of the room, lol

Would be kinda uncool having it adjusting the time automatically and emptying the room in the process, wouldn't it?

It has to do with the interval the server is checking connections I guess, but I'm sure KM will explain it to you much better than I can  /0\
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

KM

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 03:31:11 pm »
it reads the time from whatever windows is set to using the standard time API, so it will use whatever time windows is set to

of course your system is currently set to half of the stuff thinks it's one time and half of it thinks it's a different time, so... expect weird things - btw the problems are well known and not WCS specific, as i mentioned WCS uses standard APIs to get the local time (the localtime() function in fact), any other program doing it using the same function will ave the same problem, although some functions are reporting the correct time for your system others aren't...

be a lot simpler if they just scrapped the stupid clock changes, seriously, if you want it to be lighter when you wake up get up an hour later, and if you want it to be lighter when you go to sleep, go to sleep an hour earlier - why should everyone else have to mess about with their clocks for a handful of people who insist on doing things that depend on daylight using the time displayed on a clock instead of the current daylight?

nylly: that's only on linux, where it uses the current unix time as its timer for everything, on windows it uses the system uptime which is independent of the clock for internal timing, but on linux it's harder to get access to that timer so it uses the current time instead... that's only for internal time keeping though and it uses a different time API for displaying times on things (the time displayed for stuff isn't used anywhere except for displays, current unix time is all it uses internally, which is timezone independent)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 05:43:54 pm »
Maybe i will just wait to when the time usually is supposed to change and it will all be right. lol
- Josh

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS Time Problem

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx