gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 10, 2024, 07:11:25 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Error Codes -999 & -1000 in FXS explained
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Error Codes -999 & -1000 in FXS explained  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Error Codes -999 & -1000 in FXS explained
« on: November 06, 2006, 03:28:26 pm »
most of you hosting on FXS will have seen the error message [admin msg] user (ip.in.here) connection failed error code -999

well all i can find out on this is
Connection Errors:
When a user cannot enter the channel due to a connection error, you will see an admin message stating the users IP and an error code,
There are three main error codes, -5, -999, -1000
Error Code –5 I do not have the information on at this time, but I am awaiting an update.
Error Codes -999 and -1000 means that the user who is trying to enter the channel has some connection problems, his/her provider has got connection or stability problems, so the user isn't able to enter the channel, there is nothing the host can do about this.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: Error Codes -999 & -1000 in FXS explained
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 09:30:10 pm »
Good ole FX serve. I really dont know why people use that pile of rubbish, its been being worked on for over 12 months that im aware of and its still not alowing peeps into the room. And i wont get started on the redirect. I personnaly am one of the users that get this error code when trying to enter a fxserve room, and if your going to suggest its my connection that has a problem im going to laugh till i kick my own connecton, them error codes might show up for pretty much everyone but it certainly aint the users fault and has everything to do wid the host using a peice of crap.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 06:01:37 pm »
Even back when there was 130 or so channels on winmx there was times when it took 3,4,5 attempts in order to be able to enter certain rooms...Who knows what the cause of it is wether its firewalls clashing or ip's not communicating as they should or just users internet connection....Been usin FXServer since its first version and it just simply shows the failed attempts which other servers do not....nothing to do with the server as far as i can tell.... most failed attempts seem to be 56 K users with poor connections,not because of it being a "piece of crap"

KM

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 06:09:58 pm »
fxserver is the only program i know of with issues of users often taking several attempts to join...

of course those who only use fxserver think it is normal, but then pie users also think it's normal to have thousands of fake search results and to take ages to connect and keep disconnecting etc...

the same hosts with the same users on any other server does not have a problem, it is a problem with fxserver

as for why, i haven't looked in to it - i'd guess incorrect reading of error codes though as that is the common cause of such problems

Snick

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 03:15:37 pm »
From what i've saw, people with slow net connections have trouble joining some hosts that are using fx serv. my main room is hosted on FX, and the only people i've seen have trouble join fx the most is

AOL users (and 56k aol users)

Second

Plain 56k

Or people with "slow" broadband.

And if i'm getting reef right, all servers do this type of thing. I've had it happen with WCS, RCMS, RoboServ, and Ouka. Most likely if FX Is based on winmx commands and a little from MCS, it's probably gonna have errors like they used to.

KM

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 05:05:15 pm »
indeed you always have errors with connections from time to time - it happens, that's why there are error codes, however if a single program claims a connection error a lot when clearly it isn't a connection error (as other programs would have it just as much) then it's an error with the program

just like the errors with ouka redirects, they aren't due to there actually being a problem as some would claim but are simply down to ouka deliberately causing the redirect to fail by kicking users half way through

with the WCS beta running on linux it was reporting lots of things as connection reset by peer or often claiming a user disconnected cleanly when they say they dropped, i never for a second tried to blame their connection as i knew it was only happening on WCS on linux - an error code saying something is a connection error doesn't mean it is (in that case it turned out to be a result of linux using socket 0 for clients, which on windows is not used - a bug in WCS was closing socket 0 at various times, then somewhere else going to read that closed socket - which of course came back with errors because the socket was closed already)

must

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 01:03:24 am »
HI I think I'm gonna throw a spanner in the works here. I have 10meg BB and I cant get n my own room! I have had a new modem this week and had Virgin out to check out my set up.Any Ideas?

Must

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 01:06:54 am »
Sorry I forgot to say im using FX Server

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 02:29:54 am »
Hi Must.... Find your room in the channel list.... right click it
and select "copy channel name"...paste it into the filter and leave
the last 4 characters of the room name and replace the ones before
it with 0100007F

so it would like something like    My New Room_0100007F1A2A

Click Join

Let us know how you make out.

Offline hesterloli

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 12:00:47 am »
That is pretty interesting Apprentice.  Maybe you know how to set manually in config.txt the Whole word parameter for
/Replace fuck=f*** so that in the options window of FXServer that entry has a value Yes for the Whole word parameter?  It would be much better for me so that /Replace lol=Laughing Out Load does not turn  hesterloli into hesterLaughing Out Loadi  Thanks.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 10:19:06 am »
Hi Hesterloli,
with the word replace it just replaces the words you type not the names as well, only way to do that is setup a word replace for when someone types you name IE: someone says hi hes it will show hi hesterloli
/ReplaceWhole hes=hesterloli

i will explain the difference with replace & replacewhole
/Replace hello=hiya <--- will work of someone says hello or helloooo
/ReplaceWhole hello=hiya <--- will only work if the word hello is complete, hellooo will not be replaced

any problems, pop into Haunted Castle & see me, i will try to help

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Error Codes -999 & -1000 in FXS explained

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx