gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 01:53:33 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  Primary(UDP) Protocol Documentation
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Primary(UDP) Protocol Documentation  (Read 9286 times)

Offline Sharky

• Core
Primary(UDP) Protocol Documentation
« on: March 29, 2007, 08:11:42 am »
Okay, I've been working on a client for the past 2 months, and I've got the secondary protocol covered, I know the chat protocol, and have also started developement on a server, which is still unreleased(still doesn't list either due to the fact that I'd need knowledge on the Primary protocol). I used some documentation on the Chat Protocol(Thanks to KM/MXTools), I've also used MXSniffer for the Secondary protocol.

I've got a picture of both the Server and Client I've been working on, both written in C using Dev-C++.
I've been using WinMX for about 6 years now, and I've made a few things, like Hash to IP converters, a VB WinMX Client using KM's gateway, I've also written a DLL that can also get a VB Application connected to WinMX(for VB programmers).

I would never use this information to harm WinMX or it's protocol in any way, and I wouldn't give it out to anyone.

With that said, here are some pictures of the client / server I've been working on.

http://www.sharkylabz.biz.tc/cgi-bin/i/sharkmx.png
http://www.sharkylabz.biz.tc/cgi-bin/i/XGLServer.PNG

You can reach me at:
hotmail: elsharko200555@hotmail.com
yahoo: sharky200555@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

[edit]links neutralised, see further down in thread[/edit]

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
Re: Primary(UDP) Protocol Documentation
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 06:07:05 pm »
Looks cool to me. I'm glad that people still are working to improve the winmx user's chatting experience. :-) Keep it up Kodie.
- Josh

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 12:26:58 am »
lol, hi kodie
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorow!
www.lovehosts.com

Offline Sharky

• Core
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 05:56:43 am »
Thanks, Josh, and hey, James :D

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:33:08 am »
Hi Sharky, Sorry for the delay in replying, can I point you to two projects that will show the room listing code and  of course remind you to implement a maximum of 3 listings per iP.

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/KingMacro/MCS/mcs0.2.3s.zip

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/Nushi/NACS/Nacs_20050120-0210.zip

I hope that helps you with the information you seek, if you need the exact lines let me know and I,ll dig them out for you.

Offline Sharky

• Core
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:25:53 am »
Okay, sounds good, I'll get those and have a peek through them.

I'd also have MCS source, but I try to prevent myself from copying others work, and it usually isn't explained, so I like to know what I'm doing, other than copying and pasting code, but I'll have a look at it and try to make out the packet format.. etc.. I've also had some help from Quicks.
He sent me some documentation on the Primary Protocol. Which should help me with my room listing problem.
So, I should be ok, but I will have a look over the NACS and MCS source for reference.

Thanks Ghost! :D

And about the delayed reply, don't worry about it, theres no rush. =]

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 03:21:47 pm »
lets hope this information is passed and used wisely, you room fluffer is a usefull tool but your channel nuker isnt.

Good luck getting it set up anyway and any probs shout here, ill try to help also wid any bits i can offer you.

Id also like to mention to you to go look at benders work, all his stuff is open source and is very very well explained right threw, great for newbs to winmx coding.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 08:16:25 pm »
Tiny ur loosing ur edge
www.lovehosts.com

Offline Sharky

• Core
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 08:33:59 pm »
That channel nuker was a proj I made a long time ago using Visual Basic, and it should've never been released, the only room I used it on was TET... For the obvious reason Josh would nuke mine(but no offence to Josh or anything, the past is past). But that didn't even work anyway, I only gave it to one person, and they weren't supposed to give it out(you know who you are). This was years back before I even learned C, and it wasn't a large threat to the WinMX Community either(like Poison, or ChatAttack). It was just a normal nuker, that converted room names to IP/Port and nuked that room.

As for my Room Fluffer, If you use it, you might wanna get v4.0, I've got a copy on here, it's a complete rewrite in all C++ using the Win32 API, (no MFC). Old versions of Room Fluffer(before 3.0 or 4.0) used KM's gateway.exe(can get VB Programs connected to channels on the WPN)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 09:56:03 pm »
I think building things and learning from the experience is beneficial to us all, as you say you have moved on, and I,m sure more aware of whats at stake now, good luck with your project  :)

Its shaping up to be a good year  :)

Offline Sharky

• Core
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 10:11:55 pm »
Lol, yeah, I was about 16 at that time.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 10:48:48 pm »
Just showing my concern, good you can see the error of your ways, and how am i losing my edge james, winmx takes up alot of my life im sure as hell going to make sure it dont get wrecked.

Good luck sharky, its a big project but after having inital reservations i hope you get it all working, like i say ill help you if i can,,

an i still dont know what you mean by losing my edge james ???????
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Sharky

• Core
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 11:07:13 pm »
Well, it's not like I had some major plan on bringing down the WinMX Community or anything.

Call me Sharky Hussein the WinMX Terrorist! :O

Thanks for the support, Tiny. =]

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 05:23:18 pm »
rofl
www.lovehosts.com

Offline Sophosaurus

• Forum Member
  • <see - i'm the witty comment>
    • Online-Magazin Tagesgespraech.EU
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 10:27:10 pm »
can someone pls have a look at the links in the starting post - there seems to be an agressive script behind it trying to install malware as soon as you click on them.
still somehow freightened when i shall get inserted

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 10:38:28 pm »
Hmm I see the links have been neutralised already, my machine is hardened against such things so its probably been like that from day one, Sharky please take more care before posting links, its only your interest in winmx that allowed them to be left in place, take this as a warning to check all your links before posting in future.  :|

Sharky

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 05:20:00 am »
eh, never had that problem, probably 'cause I'm on firefox, and it prevents popups etc, but it's free Web Space, damn that Biz.tc.

Anyway, I'll move everything to another space, most likely going to have to end up using my local machine for a webserver.

I've been busy, VERY busy lately, and the little time I do have to spend on my projects, I don't get much done.

I'll try to work on them as much as I can though.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 07:54:46 am »
Thats good to hear  :)  I will look forward to one or two future releases  :wink:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  Primary(UDP) Protocol Documentation

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx