gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 11:05:31 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  A new fastascii
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A new fastascii  (Read 5018 times)

Offline Zénar

• Forum Member
  • Born again christian since 2010!
A new fastascii
« on: April 10, 2007, 02:39:46 am »
After seeing too much of people using my FastASCII, I though maybe I can do a little surprise for them  :wink:

http://fql.gotdns.com:1200/simpleforum_files/attachments/FastASCII_V2.00.0___Beta__1.rar

You must know this is a beta version and then, it could have some bugs.
This version is special because you can use only one screen for two uses. You can create your pictures and see the result in the same time!  8)

This FastASCII as been written in vb.net and if you want to use it, you MUST have at least the FrameWork 2.0. :( If you have vista, then it will work but for everyone else, just install the framework. By the ways, the futures programs I will create will use the framework and so, it will not be for nothing.

Here is a little picture to show you what it looks like  :D

Thanks and don't forget to post here all bugs and comments! I want to make this program very good for all of you!  :wink:
Now, you can create your pictures!  8)

Enjoy!
[John 14:6] Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
[Jean 14:6] Jésus lui dit: Je suis le chemin, la vérité, et la vie. Nul ne vient au Père que par moi.

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
Re: A new fastascii
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 02:58:06 am »
You want my honest opinion?

it sucks!!!

i dont like the no split window with large display slide bar as 1.3.3 had.
can't choose your server as in 1.3.3 or 1.3.2
can't send pic to winmx as in 1.3.3 or 1.3.2

it doesnt have any features you and i discussed which would of made program easier an more winmx friendly.

over an all rating 2 out of 10  only cause you can colour and space on same window

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 03:24:16 am »
Hint

fix version 1.3.3 and add that up ^ there as an add on to the options to have that window stand alone ...

so far version 1.3.2 & 1.3.3 seems to be the most winmx friendly for sending the pic to a chatroom from your desktop
there is no save as metis in there for the add file file scripts as in xml files which makes adding pictures to metis bots a snap and a breeze.

for example on this page
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=2984.msg17573#msg17573

you can see the add file line you add to metis for easier editing of the metis bots <include file="winmxworld 1.xml"/>
as you only have to change the winmxworld 1.xml to the name of the file the other 2 programs above would make.

unless im doin something wrong i dont know... but i think ill stick to the other programs unless there is a better way of doing pics which i dont see

thanks zenar for the earlier versions....
i am just one voice and only one opinion  but i can say i have done alot for your program in the past  supporting you fully on all my picture posts on this website

anyways good luck  wish yah the best in the future of your beta 1

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 03:32:03 am »
another thing yah might wanna add is the  right click option just like th large screen when made by version 1.3.3 allowed you to copy paste.. instead of Ctrl C  & Ctrl V  like in this version

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 03:46:18 am »
i just tired opening an existing picture to try editing and colour.. i have the framework installed  from long ago  it wont colour or edit ???

i use windows xp   and have FrameWork 2.0 installed
wont edit .. wont colour...???

whats up???

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 03:48:39 am »
whats the picture button for???   doesnt do anything yah cant even click it?????

you sure you have right copy up there for testing and downloading???  caue i cant get nothin to work other then displaying premade pics alredy made

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 03:57:30 am »
k well i fidured out how you colour the pics...yah might wanna add instructions with this one

anyone downloading this might wanna know this... you have to first highlight each section you want then choose colour becareful though as some ascii text will join as two instead of the one character being coloured      two does..this takes longer to colour your pics in my opinion

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 04:04:47 am »
god i seem so negative  yet i love the programs yah make.... lmao

anyways i wont pic at the new beta  fast ascii  any more til a better version comes out .....   

but heres a test for yah Zenar     copy paste this into fast ascii 1.3.3 and in new version colour each dot a different colour .... see which takes you longer.. highlight then choose colour or use the arrow keys and colour codes like in 1.3.3

it all dots

cheers mate look forward to seeing this new beta grow

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 04:15:43 am »
doesnt support the #c?# colouring code

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 04:21:18 am »
the new fast ascii doesnt support alot of  ASCII Characters as well   compare these two pics...

the pic up there ^ the huge christmas one

now look at this one made with  version 1.3.3 and 1.3.2

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 04:25:37 am »
heres a top view of the one that doesnt support the characters.. notice the happy holidays winmxworldis missing characters as well as the fancy lines in this top view of it as well as othe special characters used in ASCII

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 04:30:15 am »
god i sorta feel mean at the way im picking this program apart   but you musta known i would pick through it with a fine tooth comb lmao especially since i love your other fast ascii programs

sorry Zenar    yah know we care my friend

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 05:01:19 am »
well time for bed for me ....  night ppl... and Zenar if you want to hear any of my suggestions.. drop me a line .....

poof---------------------------------> back into the dark shadows from where i dwell on the Ðà®K§îÐè

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 07:48:12 am »
I'm sure Zenar is happy with useful feedback DarkElves but it seems that your crossing the line slightly in your moment of dissatisfaction, could you keep your comments pleasant and positive, this is after all a beta and Zenar will have worked hard and spent a lot of his own time in making it fit for release.

Cheers Zenar btw  8)

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 09:56:42 am »
umm dis-satisfaction?

im not disatisfied as im quite happy with his older versions " that works " i just said what is wrong with it... sure i picked the program apart and tested in as many ways as i could but how else yah goin to know wether it works or not.. but seems no matter what i post i get crap anyways... guess no point in posting...

gone

Offline Zénar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 04:13:16 pm »
Hey hey hey  :?

This I've rewritted all the code and I've started this project yesterday. Can I add everything in one night? NO I'm not a machine. I know many feature are not there and this is NORMAL. I wanted to show to everybody what it WILL looks like but you just can say everything it's missing.  :x

I know these features are missing. In one night to do that, I can't go more faster. You should be happy I'm building a new version for all of you.

Maybe it sucks now but just wait the futures versions. It will be better  8)

Now I must go at school but please, don't say bad things on something I've not made yet... :?
[John 14:6] Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
[Jean 14:6] Jésus lui dit: Je suis le chemin, la vérité, et la vie. Nul ne vient au Père que par moi.

Offline DarkElves

• King of ASCII Art
  • Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 04:20:57 pm »
i dont even care anymore zenar   in fact im leavin this place too.... and lookin to have my art work all removed either by winmx world or my lawyer

as its alll being added to my website and my ©   wont be allowing it on other sites...

Offline Zénar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 04:26:27 pm »
If you don't care about that, why are you posting these messages? I wanted to do something new for all fans of ASCII pictures. You should understand that at least right?

dark elves

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 04:43:52 pm »
um you said post comments didnt you well i posted my comments...  like duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

dark elven

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 04:57:21 pm »
oh and by the way   your other programs worked great....rem i was your biggest fan.... i helped in many ways promo programs  i do seem to recall.... oh but that was then     this is now ... i really ont care anymore .. had enough crap happning in real life to worry out this at he moment...and i did also say i hope it baomes a good succss or in sooo many words   bu taht went un noticed.. no matter what i post where i post i still get scrwed in the end anyways... as thast how that jimmy arse fund me by posting pics with ppls rooms on them

to which is why i am goin to consult my lawyer over having all my files removed from this site account deleted  and anythng pertaining to me as an idividual.

its not because of winmxworld i will be doing it... its because of what happened  that i am goin to be doin this....winmxworld ihelped me in many ways ... but it also created a world of mess for me on winmx itself  which i no longer even have ....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  A new fastascii

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx