gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 05:55:19 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  New winmx and connection problems...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New winmx and connection problems...  (Read 1090 times)

poplex

New winmx and connection problems...
« on: April 22, 2007, 03:44:51 pm »
hello I downloaded the new winmx from your site and I'm having major problems downloading,
I have the same problem with every one I download from and upload to.

and the problem is time outs, unstable slow connections that sometimes are stuck on 0.00, etc...
this was not the case with the old winmx, with the old winmx I would upload adn download with far greater speeds.

at first I thought it was the people I was sharing files with but than I realized the problem is probably with my client,
needles to say this problem is unique to winmx and no other software has this problem.

besides that the zonealarm I have to protect my pc warns me of winmx
saying it is trying to change something called: WINDRVDIR\etc\hosts,
this looks to fishy and suspicious, so what's up with the new winmx?
the old one never demanded to create or modify system files,
I really like winmx and would love to find a solution before trying another client,
but my privacy and safety are NOT negotiable that's for sure..

poplex.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: New winmx and connection problems...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 05:34:05 pm »
Does the old version still work well? I mean when you use the older version, can you still connect and download alright?
Remove winmx from your firewall adn re add winmx to the allow list and see if that helps....

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: New winmx and connection problems...
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 07:56:15 pm »
Hi Poplex,

Im assuming its been quite a while or at least a few months since you used WinMX?  The reason I think this is your mention of 'old version'.. basically im worried that either as Sam mentions your ZA maybe interferring with the flow of WinMX traffic or that your ISP maybe throttling WinMX traffic and this may have started since you last used WinMX.

Usually if your transfers make a connection then time our or sit on 0.00 this is a sign your ISP is throttling or blocking WinMX traffic.  You wont notice this on all P2P systems (several but not all) as WinMX is an easy target for your ISP to pick up the traffic and put a choke hold on it.

The warning your Zone Alarm was giving you about the hosts file is fine, if it only happened during instalation.  There is not a 'new winmx' we all still use the same WinMX Versions that Frontcode (makers of WinMX) put out, the difference is because of the RIAA threatening legal action against those makers they opted to shut down the peer caches we use to connect to each other, so the solution...  Make new peer caches run by the users.  Your hosts file is modified to add an entry to give you an update bar address (if your using the WinMX Group Patch).  This is completely safe and actually not needed for the functions of WinMX.  Its soley to give you an alert if there are updates released with added features.

You're also welcome to come by the WinMxWorld.com Help room located on WinMX and let us test speeds with you for downloads and uploads and see if there maybe some settings or something that are effecting this for you.  I fear its the ISP but its worth checking for you.

WinMXWorld.com Help_A06F7657BABE

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  New winmx and connection problems...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx