gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 10, 2024, 02:26:24 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WS2_32.DLL Fix
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WS2_32.DLL Fix  (Read 15289 times)

grayfox455

The patch worked for my XP just great!!
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2005, 05:23:12 am »
:D The patch worked for me. Although I thought at first my anti- everything programs I have running in XP had torpedoed WinMX during most of the day I finally found out what was going on just an hour or so ago. Found the patch copied it to the WinMX folder and started the program. Was discouraged that the connecting light was blinking for what seemed like eternity then looked through the forum here and read that it might take a few minutes. Oh, ok so then I click over to WinMX minimized, bring it up and Waalaa, there it is, all connected and ready to go.
 I wish to thank you for your hard efforts and courage in the face of the evil empire you are engaged against. Cheers!!

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2005, 08:48:53 am »
Quote from: me here
Sept 20th at 12:00 somewhere time WinMX had to shut down... on Sept 23rd at 12:00 somewhere time Winmx users said FUCK that and reopened it....

neener neener neener

I hope you don't mind, but I have been quoting you on several blogs :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2005, 09:29:26 am »
*giggles*

Not at all Gnarly :twisted:

Glad to hear you back with us Gray,

Cold Zero, if your using WinMX on a ME/98 system, my suggestion is to ditch the patch, and use your hosts file to connect,  KM is working very hard at acomplishing the impossible.

As some of you may or may not know, ME/98 can be a bugger at listening to .dll files, as Bender and Nushi found out with thier Bendmx and RCMS...

Offline p666james

• Forum Member
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2005, 06:10:48 pm »
Hey all,

I am having some problems with the new patch, can anyone help?  

I'm running WinXP pro, the file is in my WinMX folder... WinMX loads, and as soon as it has connected and checked all the files, it crashes.

I can post the feedout from the error report if you think it will be any help?

OWNER OF THIS SITE FUKKIN

ROX!!
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2005, 08:50:21 am »
YOU ARE THE EFFIN MAN! Screw what tha other guys said about you in HS man, your fukkin rok:-D Keep up the DAMN good work, and uhhh Yah THANK YOU FOR KEEPING MX ALIVE:-D Thats all. no probs or nothin, just wanna say thank you:)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2005, 01:45:49 pm »
LOL... ermm .. ty

P666james

Please try again... Sometimes I have noticed that WinMX while building your shared library will crash..

Let me know..

tedious1

WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2005, 06:57:52 pm »
I need alot of help and don't know where to go......i'm not a comp. wiz but can hold my own (sometimes). I am trying to get win mx back up, I downloaded a patch file, tried to open and install it but kept coming up with an error message that it can't be installed....i'm pretty sure I followed all of the 'instructions' correctly.  Right now i'm so very confused...can someone please try ,in very simple terms, to explain to me what to do and how to do it ?  I'm running XP pro and don't know what winmx version I have cause i'm not the one that downloaded the original version on my computer.

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2005, 07:07:54 pm »
Quote from: tedious1
I need alot of help and don't know where to go......i'm not a comp. wiz but can hold my own (sometimes). I am trying to get win mx back up, I downloaded a patch file, tried to open and install it but kept coming up with an error message that it can't be installed....i'm pretty sure I followed all of the 'instructions' correctly.  Right now i'm so very confused...can someone please try ,in very simple terms, to explain to me what to do and how to do it ?  I'm running XP pro and don't know what winmx version I have cause i'm not the one that downloaded the original version on my computer.

Which 'patch' file?

try this:
http://www.vladd44.com/mx/peercaches.php

If you downloaded the DLL file, you don't 'install' it, just move it or save it into your winmx working directory

Offline p666james

• Forum Member
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2005, 07:10:18 pm »
hey "me here",

I have tried a complete re-install of WinMX, and re-downloading the file....

...And no luck.

Any ideas?... I can post the error log that WindowXP is trying to send off

tedious1

WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2005, 07:50:44 pm »
vladd44 is the download that I used....it showed up as PIEpatch2.3...that is what I was trying to install.....if by .dll file do you mean the ws2_32?  I downloaded that also....I'm not sure if I did everything as I was supposed to since i'm still not up and running.....by the way, what is meant by a "few" minutes  on loading time? 5 or less?  10 or more?  Would any of the security(ie. spyware, firewall,etc.) be causing a problem?

Offline indefile

• Forum Member
Still have various problems
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2005, 03:54:53 pm »
Not being at home i installed winmx on a PC running on Windows 98 SE and opened a primary connection and had about 12 secondary users in a short time. no connection problems so far. that was yesterday. this morning i deceided to make some mp3 files shared and this resulted in about 30 or 40 uploads with good speed (cable connection) It may be a co incident but after i dhad send a message to a known user  who was downloading from me and i clicked away his autorespond. i got the wellknown message "an error occured" and winmx was closed. I restarted and there seemed to be no problem, but after a while i noticed that all uploads were timing out; i did not make any download attemps till that moment, just thought it was a good idea to have a primary connection on the network. i decided to look for some files i was waiting to download at home but the 3 files i could finfdare constantly waiting for an incoming connection and get timed out as well. I am back on line now for about an hour and this is what i see: WinMX v 3.53 <Online P=5 S=0 spm=16013
I have Peerguardian running as well.
10 days ago i had problems with WinMX crashing after half a minute and got it running with the Vladd pie option. (that was before I read of his attemps to "take over") At home i use 3.53 beta 4 on Windows XP/SP2.
Can someone tell me what's; i have no need to download anything, just wanted to have a primary connection ïn the air" but has that any use when S=0 and this seems to stay that way??

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2005, 02:36:46 am »
Its true that the primary connection is not helping to support network traffic properly if your S=0.

This is usually due to somthing blocking a TCP port.  This can be a firewall or even Norton Anti Virus 2005.  The fact that it was fine then stoped working is curious.  

Make sure that in the settings in WinMX that your Incoming TCP is set to listen on port...............
And that your IN/OUT UDP is set to send and recieve on port..................

Make sure also that its being allowed in your firewall or anti virus.

The other thing that may happen is setting changes in the router, sounds strange but I assure you from personal experiences, routers especially some brands seem almost 'haunted' at times..

Be sure to check any forwarding rules you have made in them are correct, including the Internal IP of  the machine your using for WinMX.

About the crashing,  Just to be clear.. Have you updated to the Install 1.9 from the WinMX Group page ?

Offline indefile

• Forum Member
could it have been peerguardian?
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2005, 07:34:01 am »
what i did before i read your kind answer is remove peerguardian.
as soon as i had done that, things got back to normal and S=12 for hours.
i did reinstall peerguardian and no problems this time. the install 1.9 I used was from the day before yesterday.
never had any problem with winmx but for the last weeks.
i hope fixes ,patches and pies will be joined to one solution so that winmx will run like i am used to. slowly i see users coming back. it won't be long before everything is back to normal I'm shure.
hope there will be even a new beta one day

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2005, 07:57:11 am »
Ok keep me informed if there is anything you need then or if this problem comes up again..

Offline p666james

• Forum Member
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2005, 11:02:46 am »
Hi "me here" sorry for the length of time its taken me to reply.

I was not using the 1.9 Install from the WinMX group, but I have just tried that now, and once again it has crashed the program.

WinMX loads, goes green is updating the library... and then it crashes..

Version of WinMX used is v3.54 Beta 4, being run on Win XP SP2.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2005, 12:11:45 pm »
Hey P666James

I have a few folks that have continued to have troubles, but usually following these steps have solved the problem.  Give these a try and let me know if you have troubles or questions about them ..

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?p=4599#4599

Offline p666james

• Forum Member
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2005, 03:58:03 pm »
Hi,

I have tried the guide you posted, and no luck. I did have a play about after it had crashed, and I think it is crashing because my PC already has the dll file on the system... So I changed the name of w2_32.dll to w2_32a.dll and it loaded WinMX fine, but then lost the ability to connect. :(

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2005, 04:53:05 pm »
You will have two on your system once the patch is installed...
The one from the Install 1.9 wont work if its renamed..

Ok if you completed all those steps and still cant connect without crashing then please download and install this hosts file from here:

This is an updated hosts file that will install on your XP fine.

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/hosts_file_xp-2k.exe

You will need to perform the dns flush again
Start > Run  type  'cmd' click OK
Then in the dos box type 'ipconfig /flushdns'
Then hit enter

Now restart WinMX...

Once you have this I would love for you to visit us in our Live Chat to see if I can find out what caused your problem if thats possible.

Just go to the Chat on WinMX.. Say 'yes' I am not easily offended... then copy and paste this into the Filter bar

WinMxWorld.Com_1F6B8156094A

Click the Join button on the far right side of Filter bar.

Let me know how this works for ya...

Offline String

• Core
    • winmx.p2pforum.it
String's WS2_32.DLL
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2005, 11:39:04 am »
I made a personal version of the Patch by KM, with less functions but a bit faster. The source code is included for those who want to change the way it works.

download here  (bin + ASM code)
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/lastanzadidaniela/mx%20patch.zip

Anyway i keep using the PIE Patch :wink:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2005, 12:59:28 pm »
Asm code is not source code String, this just seems to show you hacked up the dll rather that rebuilt it.  :?

I noticed the you had placed the pie team caches first on your list, hardly improving anything for the users as these are the ones overloaded.
Winmxgroup have been asked to remove the 205 servers from all of the lists as they cannot handle the traffic so perhaps you may wish to also.  

Removing functions from a winsock dll is more likely to result in instability of the system so I would not recommend this fix to anyone.
I suspect String knows this and thats why he chooses not to use it himself.

A great winsock dll source can be found in the last BendMx Src (3.99a3).
Bender spent a little while writing the functions out  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WS2_32.DLL Fix

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx