gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76785 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 21, 2024, 02:31:41 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  My WinMX screen goes completely blank
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My WinMX screen goes completely blank  (Read 1145 times)

MellowD

My WinMX screen goes completely blank
« on: May 12, 2007, 05:22:26 pm »
When WinMX has been running for some time my WinMX screen goes completely blank. The program continues down- and uploading, but I can't see exactly what it's doing. Going to settings-appearance-load standard colors sometimes helps, but not for very long. The only thing to get it running properly again is quitting the program and restarting.
I am running WinMX 3.54 beta4 with WinXP.

KM

Re: My WinMX screen goes completely blank
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 05:59:00 pm »
are you running mxmonitor?

it is a bug with windows XP and the constant opening/closing of whois windows by mxmonitor is normally what causes the appearance to start messing up (eithout the constant opening/closig of the whois windows it normally takes so long for the leak to cause a problem that it is restarted well before you notice)

microsoft have released a patch for it which should solve the problem, you can get a copy from here (or from the microsoft site under KB319740)

MellowD

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 10:05:00 pm »
Thanks, at least now I know what the problem is (I am using MXMonitor). Tried downloading the file through your link but is sadly in the wrong language (my WinXP is in the Dutch language). Tried downloading it from the Windows update site but whenever I want to download it nothing happens. I just get a thank you for downloading the file? Crap WindowsXP! and crap MS.
For now I switched off the whois feature. Anyone got any idea how I can get the update in the dutch language?

MellowD

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 10:17:29 pm »
I succeeded downloading the file. Tried with Explorer the first time, didn't work. I managed with Firefox though (go figure...)
I will restart and I hope that'll be that. Thanks so far  :D and I will let you know if it did the trick.

KM

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 08:16:02 pm »
clearly microsoft do all the testing of their website in firefox ;-)

MellowD

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 05:26:53 pm »
Clearly ...  :lol:

Anyway, so far so good. I think you solved the problem. Cheers!

:twisted:

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 11:51:21 am »
have had this problem for a long time and had to restart winmx evert  4 days or so
wish i knew this sooner ...seemes to have worked like a charm, thnx km
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  My WinMX screen goes completely blank

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx