gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 06:03:24 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS beta releases....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WCS beta releases....  (Read 5368 times)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Re: WCS beta releases....
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 07:12:32 pm »
Bugfix for rc4 is available...

rc5 released
shortly after release a bug was spotted with rc4 and names containing non-ASCII characters, it meant you could only join the channel if you had a username containing only ASCII characters, and for some reason there are many people who use non-ASCII characters knowing full well they don't display correctly anyway, but that's a different discussion...

So anyway, rc5 has been released, only changes are a bug fix for these unreadable names, and I also changed the version on the linux download to list as -Linux instead of -Unix, seems more appropriate.

I blame the same fairy that blew up one of the hard drives in my home server last night... (causing a few hours outage, and causing me to get up for work late because I use the server as my alarm clock - and I still insist it has nothing to do with my rewiring the power supply whilst it was turned on)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Re: WCS beta releases....
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 08:25:21 pm »
WCS 1.8rc6 has been released.

This is just a small cleanup fix for rc5:
+   Fixed a small memory leak in the windows code during reverse DNS lookups (nobody noticed, so it couldn't have been bad)
+   Fixed a handle leak in the linux code (nobody noti... ok, so it caused people to be unable to enter after a few days)
+   Added warnings for when it detects some form of modification that could cause stability issues
+   Added workaround for the Windows bug with losing tray icons when explorer crashes (IE4+ only... so basically 95 users with IE3 are still screwed, blame M$... or update)

Btw, the workaround for the windows losing tray icons bug is not the commonly used workaround of simply recreating the icon that many programs use, instead it gives a warning and suggests the user host from a more stable system - I think that is a much more appropriate response for a server.

As well as those small changes I have also made a few other changes to the backend code, but nothing that anyone should notice.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS beta releases....

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx