gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 11:19:43 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  up and down loads do not work
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: up and down loads do not work  (Read 1252 times)

Offline citojaso

• Forum Member
up and down loads do not work
« on: March 15, 2007, 12:47:33 am »
i 'm an ex-pie user.  that being said, i've just switched over to winmxworld and can not get any d/l's or u/l's to work.  they time out.  also, when in a chat room, i can browse anyone in the room except myself.  my job requires i travel and i stay in motels so access to the router is out of the question.  i use the secondary connection option with the 'unable to....' buttons in udp and tcp boxes checked.  while using pie i had no problems and cannot understand why i have problems now.  i have winmx enabled in all firewalls on this machine and have even tried with all protection disabled.  i'm at a loss.  any sugestions will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: up and down loads do not work
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 11:45:37 am »
Hi citojaso,

Welcome to the site!
I'm not 100% sure whats caused this for you, so lets go through a few things..
First a few questions I have for you..

Did you uninstall WinMX and Peerguardian (if you had PeerGuardian) and then reinstall the WinMXGroup patch version?
What Operating system are you using?
What does the update bar say on your WinMX?  Patch Operational, Please Be Patient, or is it White blank bar under your version details and connection details located at the very top.
What firewalls are you using ?

If you could tell me that, it would help us to help you..

Offline citojaso

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 11:39:03 pm »
i'm sorry for the delay in answering...been on the road a lot.....i think i've gotten it straightened out.   the problem seemes to be in the settings.  with no access to routers i have to leave checkmarks in the "unabel to" boxes in "incoming tcp" and "in/out udp" even though i have to use a secondary connection.  with these settings about 30% of people requesting u/l's get the message "both users firewalled".

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 08:01:13 am »
Yes unfortunately with those settings that is ineviable, you could possibly drop by the help room & ask if anyone has a capy of the uPnP enabled beta of the patch available (Merlin aka myself does for one). This would forward ports for you on any router which supports uPnP forwarding & has it enabled regardless if you have credentials to login to it or not on starting winmx. 
Were you to use that, you'd only have to set yourself unable in situations where this failed (can check if the port opened by visiting Sheilds Up! at grc.com, dropping in help room & using the bot's tcp test or possibly running the setup wiz so the ports test ran) any of those tests is I know extra hassle on startup in any new location, but if your stops are regular you'd soon know which places you got ports & which not.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  up and down loads do not work

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx