gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 19, 2024, 08:27:23 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Cannot enter a chat room
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cannot enter a chat room  (Read 2317 times)

Offline ernani817

• Forum Member
Cannot enter a chat room
« on: May 08, 2007, 03:48:22 am »
Hi everyone,

I haven't used WinMX for a while (3 or 4 months I suppose), and today that I decided to open it again :) , I found out that due to a virtual drive I added in my system, the download folder stored in WinMX's settings was not valid any more. As a result, my library information was lost. Unfortunately, I realized that rather late. When I tried to join my old chat room, I was kicked out after 2 seconds. After a couple of retires, I started suspecting that something was wrong with my library. When I re-imported all my files, it was too let. I couldn't join that particular room any more, not even for an instant.

I suspect that I was banned because I entered the room 3 or 4 times in a row and was kicked out from it because I wasn't sharing any files. Ever since, I didn't manage to join again. The downside is that my IP is static and I can't change it! Is there a way to find out if I am indeed banned, and how to get unbanned?

To provide a little more information, I'm using WinMX 3.54 beta 4, with the latest patch. I can join other chat rooms except the one I want, and I don't share any material that would go against the room's policies.

Can anyone help please?

ernani

KM

Re: Cannot enter a chat room
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 04:07:36 am »
normally rooms that ban people for 0 files unban them after a while, how long depends on the room, but they do normally clear down the bans after a while (simply to stop the ban list getting too big)

if you don't want to wait you could always try asking someone else to go in and ask them to unban you, but it's likely they will just say you have to wait - and some rooms asking to get unbanned can result in the temporary ban being turned in to a perminent one (yes, that is stupid, but some people are like that)

Offline ernani817

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 04:17:38 am »
Thanks!

I'll try again in a couple of days to see what happens. It's been so long from the last time I entered that room, that I don't know who hangs out in there any more!

ernani

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 12:07:35 pm »
Hi Ernani,

What KM means is you could come by say our help room.. give us the name of the room you think you're banned from then let one of us go in and ask them to read this thread or see if they can unban you.  Our room name is:

WinMXWorld.com Help_A06F7657BABE

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Cannot enter a chat room

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx