gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 08:26:46 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  URGENT - The network NEEDS more primarys right now
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: URGENT - The network NEEDS more primarys right now  (Read 31319 times)

logger

uploading
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2005, 02:01:39 pm »
Here is something that a lot of ppl dont think about. If you host as a primary if you need the bandwidth you can make a small folder to share or cap your upload spead. you will still act as a prmary to let the secondarys connect thue you. I have noticed more and more secondary in the last few wks so we are making a differance. the thing is for us that are able to act as a host stay online even if you stop sharing files for awhile for some reason it will help and take very little bandwidth.
 I have (measage to trade ) in my name because I get alot of ppl that d/l the big files and if someone wants a small file i can start them. I had someone last nite ask to trade I started them and told them to grab what they needed he came back like most and said anything i wanted he would start. :D  when I told him all I was doing was uploading to share  :o  he thought I was nuts. It took me all of 5 min to convince him that that you do not always have to take but to give was good to.
                                                            ya'll have a good day
                                                                     logger

Doc21505

Being Smart
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2005, 05:14:12 pm »
Hiya,
     Im new to Mx, and had a simple question... What does Waiting for incoming connection, or Timed out: Waiting for incoming connection mean? I am currently acting as a primary connection, and am trying to do the most I can for the network. Any advice for the newbie would be appreciated. Thanks,
                                 J.

danitza

URGENT - The network NEEDS more primarys right now
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2005, 07:20:11 pm »
(timing out indicates fake sharers so look at the one on that too )

Hi Ghost Ship
yesterday i played with winmx for a few hours. while downloading from someone who happened to like to upload from me and went on the queu. i started the connection but it timed out.
it happened twice - with two different people (while i was still downloading from them) and with two different files they did choose. they were and are not fake files - just somth's wrong... do you have any idea?
thanks!!

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2005, 08:54:52 pm »
timing out waiting for upload to start is typically a problem with TCP port blocked or not forwarded correctly in router
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

danitza

« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2005, 11:46:13 pm »
Quote from: Bearded Blunder
timing out waiting for upload to start is typically a problem with TCP port blocked or not forwarded correctly in router

is it smth i can adjust or it's how it is - i mean i did everything: with all that stuff with port forwording and etc. but still people cannot always upload from me (as i cannot always download from smbody)
it's somehow frustrating... :oops:

slicdog

« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2005, 03:48:24 am »
I have applied the patch shut down my firewall and make a primary connection....but no downloads or uploads no chat ? HELP !

Anonymous

« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2005, 05:06:52 am »
windows xp hm service pack2
dsl westfell router
zonealarm firewall shut off

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2005, 03:01:28 pm »
danitza,

Who is your ISP and what ports are you using for WinMX at this time?

slicdog,

This sounds like a typical port problem so what you have to do is make sure that your ports are first set in the Westel router.  Start here for instructions on that, be sure to set both TCP AND UDP seperately.
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html

Next you will need to configure that XP Firewall, instructions are here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html

If these dont work then I suggest you uninstall Zone Alarm (Disabling this firewall doesnt always ensure WinMx will get through), with your XP configured of course to allow mx ports. and try it..

Let me know ..

PA Farmer

poor to interupted downloads and no upload movement on secon
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2006, 06:20:03 am »
Tried all the usual things and still no luck! Tried the flush but couldn't get done as said it failed! Have 3.54 beta with latest patch. Uninstalled and cleaned 4 times and reinstalled same trouble. Tried different port numbers, no difference! Have Windows XP Pro with sp2. WinMx used to work with Frontcode setup. Can't get on Primary sez no TCP & UDP ports for some reason. Can get search results on secondary and can ping all (some come up with question marks others with numbers). Want to get on as Primary if possible. Seems like something in the operating system slows the packet transfer eventualy stopping the downloads. Uploads connect then just sit there until time out occurs. Have software firewall set to allow both ways. Any help would be appreciated. :!:

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2006, 01:05:25 pm »
PA Farmer,

Do you have a router or DSL modem?
What exact Firewall do you use?
Do you use Norton Antivirus 2005 or 06?

Who is your ISP?

Let me know and we shall see if we cant get you a primary, often the tcp tests will fail, and you may get that message, but that just means we need to find out where your ports are blocked..

WaGs10

« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2006, 01:44:39 am »
I wanna help. I have DSL connection, and when I tried to switch to primary it said:

No TCP port for incoming connections.
No UDP port for incoming and outgoing packets.

Any idea?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2006, 04:07:05 am »
You may have to open ports in your dsl modem, as many act as a router.

Have a look at this page to find out more about how:

Once this is done, you many also have to set ports in firewalls such as the XP one to allow the priamry to work correctly.

Hulk_hogan192

new guy here
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2006, 09:01:23 pm »
Just looking for some help been using for a while now, just started having problems this month. got the new patch, am running v3.54, followed instuctions on firewall. problem is no downloads (no search results or very few like one or two) and if someone tries to uploads they get timed out then kicked off. Am running XP s2 have a cable connection

Page 8 of 8

« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2006, 06:26:31 am »
Sonds like ISP tampering, Hulk_hogan192.  Try the http://www.dslreports.com/ forums for your ISP to see if other people are mentioning ISP blocking.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: new guy here
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2006, 06:32:10 am »
Quote from: Hulk_hogan192
Just looking for some help been using for a while now, just started having problems this month. got the new patch, am running v3.54, followed instuctions on firewall. problem is no downloads (no search results or very few like one or two) and if someone tries to uploads they get timed out then kicked off. Am running XP s2 have a cable connection

Check port forwarding for your router also, bearing in mind many if not most cable & dsl modems have this function & also require that you forward ports, a visit to www.portforward.com could lead you to instructions on how to set port forwarding rules, you'll need the make & model of your modem/router.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline rush2112

• Forum Member
primary
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2006, 08:28:12 pm »
would be a primary but im going through a router and not sure how to set up for a primary,been using winmx for about 6 yrs now and its the best around

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2006, 09:38:51 pm »
Hi Rush,

Always a pleasure to see long time users.

The first place to start when learning about forwarding ports is here:

This will then lead you to Portforward.com with the needed information to do the job in hand.
Be sure and post further if you have questions or difficulties.

Offline rush2112

• Forum Member
router
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2006, 10:55:45 pm »
have been on the site portforward.com it has my make of router but not the model zonet zsr0104f can you help thanks

rush 2112

Offline rush2112

• Forum Member
router
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2006, 06:07:05 pm »
did you have any luck with my router ref my last post ,ref portforward.com had my router but not the same serial no

rush2112

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2006, 06:55:57 pm »
Still looking into this for you Rush, do you happen to have the disks that came with this model still?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  URGENT - The network NEEDS more primarys right now

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx